Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Urias will be back mid season and there are questions about Buhlers stamina as a starter. Also, were using him and he's pitching really well, that's not a trade that makes sense right now, because we'd be exchange a guy who's pitching well + other stuff for a guy who's pitching well with less control.

Take a look at Dennis Santana's numbers so far, dudes been filthy in the minors even though he hasn't been ranked.
    I think a trade built around Urias, Ruiz, one of the many ranked OF (your choice) and Santana is pretty fair value.
    If there are questions about Buehler's stamina, what's the hesitation in dealing him? What does it matter if you're using him? You want to win now, there is a price to pay and deGrom at this moment is one of the best pitchers in baseball with team control for another 2 and a half seasons.

It's not enough Ciaban. If the Mets take anything less than a Sale type return for deGrom, they're nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I really hope we can get something for Happ and/or JD. All our other pieces are pretty worthless.
    Hoping that 1 of the bullpen guys might get something.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If there are questions about Buehler's stamina, what's the hesitation in dealing him? What does it matter if you're using him? You want to win now, there is a price to pay and deGrom at this moment is one of the best pitchers in baseball with team control for another 2 and a half seasons.

It's not enough Ciaban. If the Mets take anything less than a Sale type return for deGrom, they're nuts.
    I would also argue that deGrom is better than Sale. Not only that but heís thrown a lot less pitches and doesnít have a freaky delivery. One would assume that deGrom would be a more sought after/safer bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I would also argue that deGrom is better than Sale. Not only that but heís thrown a lot less pitches and doesnít have a freaky delivery. One would assume that deGrom would be a more sought after/safer bet.
    I wouldn't go that far. Regardless of delivery, Degrom hasn't been the model of health in his career.

I do believe the return should be Sale-like though. At least Quintana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Regardless of delivery, Degrom hasn't been the model of health in his career.

I do believe the return should be Sale-like though. At least Quintana.
    He played shortstop in college so you know unlike a Archer, deGrom hasnít thrown that many bullets comparatively.

He also had TJ surgery early in his career and hasnít had any arm troubles (with the exception of hyperextending his elbow on a swing)

I think the worst injury he had was his lower back and I believe the last time he had a serious injury was his lower back in 2016.

DeGrom is also super cool and isnít a mental midget like Sale but yeah

If the Mets hold onto deGrom for the rest of the year then I see him getting a better return than Sale. He would be coming off his best season yet and triumphs Saleís best season when he was with the White Sox.

I do agree with you though, that heíll get at least a Quintana return though, I expect more.

Because he's producing RIGHT NOW in a rotation that doesn't have enough bodies. The dodgers are scraping the barrel of their development rushing guys up because they don't have enough bodies. 4/5 of the opening day rotation is hurt.
    That's the problem they subtract one of the few healthy starters to add 1 healthy starter, they're in the exact same place, which is to say they haven't improved.
    Of course the dodgers want to win now but this is a lateral move that will not help them WIN NOW.

Because he's producing RIGHT NOW in a rotation that doesn't have enough bodies. The dodgers are scraping the barrel of their development rushing guys up because they don't have enough bodies. 4/5 of the opening day rotation is hurt.
    That's the problem they subtract one of the few healthy starters to add 1 healthy starter, they're in the exact same place, which is to say they haven't improved.
    Of course the dodgers want to win now but this is a lateral move that will not help them WIN NOW.
    Its not a lateral move because deGrom is better than Buehler. deGrom gives you another ace to go with Kershaw. Anyways like I said, you guys dont have the prospects for a pitcher like deGrom. I'm sure any deal the Mets get for deGrom has to overwhelm them in terms of return value for them to consider it. They don't need to trade him at the deadline either.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69;32401356[B
    ]Its not a lateral move because deGrom is better than Buehler. deGrom gives you another ace to go with Kershaw.[/B] Anyways like I said, you guys dont have the prospects for a pitcher like deGrom. I'm sure any deal the Mets get for deGrom has to overwhelm them in terms of return value for them to consider it. They don't need to trade him at the deadline either.
    Buheler has a 2.63 era and a 2.25 FIP with a 72% LOB and a 55% GB rate.

deGrom has a 1.55 era and a 1.99 FIP with an 86% LOB and a 42% GB rate

deGromm has been better, but were talking in the margins now. IDK if you were the dodgers would you give up Buhler plus everything else that it would take to be slightly better in one rotation spot?

Buheler has a 2.63 era and a 2.25 FIP with a 72% LOB and a 55% GB rate.

deGrom has a 1.55 era and a 1.99 FIP with an 86% LOB and a 42% GB rate

deGromm has been better, but were talking in the margins now. IDK if you were the dodgers would you give up Buhler plus everything else that it would take to be slightly better in one rotation spot?
    deGrom has a resume of being among the top pitchers in baseball for a while now. I think he's 5th behind Kershaw, Sale, Scherzer, and Kluber in SP WAR the last 4 seasons. Its not just about this year. Buehler has TORP potential but deGrom is already an ace. Big difference because you can bank on one, you can't on the other.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-19-2018 at 12:07 AM.

deGrom has a resume of being among the top pitchers in baseball for a while now. I think he's 5th behind Kershaw, Sale, Scherzer, and Kluber in SP WAR the last 4 seasons. Its not just about this year. Buehler has TORP potential but deGrom is already an ace. Big difference because you can bank on one, you can't on the other.
    I don't doubt that and I'm not saying Buhler is better, (maybe someday idk) but it doesn't solve the problem the rotation has which is a lack of healthy pitchers.

With the way Ross Stripling has pitched, they don't exactly NEED another "bankable ace" (though one would be great) what they need is warm bodies.

All that said, the more I look at the Mets the more I think they shouldn't trade their stars.

They should still make trades, especially expiring contracts like Asdrubal Cabrerra.

But with a rotation of Thor, deGrom, Matz, they're already off to a really good start.
    Cespedes is still in his prime, Conforto and Nimmo are really great building blocks.
    They just need a couple guys to pan out and develop i.e. Rosario and Justin Dunn and they'll be competitive.

They should trade some of their expiring contracts, and build around the fringes.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Friend of mine is friends with AJ Puk, and Puk and Stanton have the same agent. Agent told Puk that the Yankees are looking to trade Stanton+ to the Nationals for Harper.
    Ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    What from the Phillies is required for them to land Machado?
    Well, first, obviously it will be hard for an NL East team to get deGrom, seeing as how that's a division rival.
    Second, like the case with the Yankees, most of the talent will be major league talent, as the Phillies have brought up their most potent talent within the past two years. Here's a guess at what it will take:

-Vince Velasquez - A trade would have to include him, as the Orioles badly need pitching
    -J.P. Crawford - His ceiling is still high, but he doesn't look too hopeful on reaching that ceiling, especially on a team that isn't using him all the time
    -Sixto Sanchez or Adonis Medina and Mickey Moniak - It's either Sanchez alone or the other two together. Sanchez is a stretch, but with the rotation the Phillies have, they can afford to give up some of their pitching prospects. As for Moniak, Hoskins is definitely going to stay in the outfield for the Phils and Herrera is too good to replace. Haseley looks more promising and will be kept over Moniak

Yes, Manny is a rental player, but the Phillies have money that they can tie to Manny if he stays hot for them and helps them to the postseason. It might be enough to entice him to stay given they make him their focus and they pay him enough. If this is a potential scenario the Phillies want to try, then they might be alright giving up so much talent for him.

Other than Manny going anywhere, how about Donaldson? I think the Braves could get him if they really want, but the Cardinals could also get him. Personally, I'd rather see him go to the Dodgers. Turner has experience all over the infield and is very versatile. Instead of relinquishing a lot of prospects for Manny, they could get Donaldson for much cheaper and plug him in at third and move Turner to either shortstop to push Chris Taylor to the outfield or move him to second, as Joc has started to heat up and could play more and keep Taylor at short while replacing the subpar play at second.

Interesting team to watch will be the Twins. They're barely hanging around in the AL Central and the Indians could legitimately take off and win 10 in a row to create some real separation. I think the Twins have some interesting pieces to sell off.

Eduardo Escobar- FA to be. Hitting the snot out of the ball. Leads the bigs in XBH. Plays pretty meh defense at SS, but his bat makes up for it. He's not a guy who the Twins would give a qualifying offer so if they can flip him for prospects I think they would.

Brian Dozier- FA to be. He isn't hitting well, but has a strong track record.

Joe Mauer- FA to be. he can still get on base, but that's about it. Seems unlikely to be moved and if he is, probably and August deal.

Lance Lynn- FA to be. He hasn't been very good, but has a good track record. Probably another guy who would possibly get moved in August if anything

Zach Duke- FA to be. Veteran lefty with solid track record having a pretty good season. If they decide to sell he's certainly someone who would go. He's on a cheap deal too.

Fernando Rodney- team option with 250k buyout for next year. He's been ok this season.

Kyle gibson and Jake Odorizzi- somewhat useful SP who are under control through 2019. If they decide to sell I'm sure they'd be willing to listen.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast