Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    [QUOTE=beldugo;32415557]I really don't think Hamels is a fit for the Braves, too high of a salary (including his 2019 buyout), along with a terrible FIP. If the Braves want to get a rental SP who's not an ace it should probably be JA Happ. And Hamels sure isn't worth a top 100 prospect.[/QUOTe

I think hamels and kela are, I dont get all the stuff about Hamels have yall seen his stats this year 3ish era and up there in strikeouts, ya he might be walking more people and giving homeruns but I would take the 3ish era over that

[QUOTE=jerryred;32415568]
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I really don't think Hamels is a fit for the Braves, too high of a salary (including his 2019 buyout), along with a terrible FIP. If the Braves want to get a rental SP who's not an ace it should probably be JA Happ. And Hamels sure isn't worth a top 100 prospect.[/QUOTe

I think hamels and kela are, I dont get all the stuff about Hamels have yall seen his stats this year 3ish era and up there in strikeouts, ya he might be walking more people and giving homeruns but I would take the 3ish era over that
    His ERA is nice but his peripherals don't back up the ERA, 5.14 FIP, 45.5% hard contact against (higher in his career), 4.08 SIERA, I really doubt that there is a GM right now that would only look at someone's ERA and pay a premium price, times has changed. With so much money owed to him for a couple of months (close to 15MM) he's not worth much. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Kela is fine but is not elite or anything, a solid piece to any bullpen but not crazy good. The only way you get a top 100 spec for him is if you pair him with Beltre and some money.

Quote Originally Posted by YungTomat View Post
    Well, first, obviously it will be hard for an NL East team to get deGrom, seeing as how that's a division rival.
    Second, like the case with the Yankees, most of the talent will be major league talent, as the Phillies have brought up their most potent talent within the past two years. Here's a guess at what it will take:

-Vince Velasquez - A trade would have to include him, as the Orioles badly need pitching
    -J.P. Crawford - His ceiling is still high, but he doesn't look too hopeful on reaching that ceiling, especially on a team that isn't using him all the time
    -Sixto Sanchez or Adonis Medina and Mickey Moniak - It's either Sanchez alone or the other two together. Sanchez is a stretch, but with the rotation the Phillies have, they can afford to give up some of their pitching prospects. As for Moniak, Hoskins is definitely going to stay in the outfield for the Phils and Herrera is too good to replace. Haseley looks more promising and will be kept over Moniak

Yes, Manny is a rental player, but the Phillies have money that they can tie to Manny if he stays hot for them and helps them to the postseason. It might be enough to entice him to stay given they make him their focus and they pay him enough. If this is a potential scenario the Phillies want to try, then they might be alright giving up so much talent for him.
    I'm not giving up Sixto. The Phillies have Nola, that's about it. Most guys in the rotation are #3s at best but mostly those 4-5 guys. Sixto could give the Phillies a legit top 2 in a couple seasons.

In saying that, I'd be willing to give up VV, Crawford, Medina, and MM though. It'd be hard because that's quite a bit to give up BUT I wouldn't say no right away. I'd try to give up a different pitcher though. Maybe a Kilome, Suarez, or Romero instead.

I'd much rather wait until the off-season to sign Machado and give up none of them however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Could Harper be traded this summer? We didn't think that was possible 4-5 months ago.

Adam Ottavino to the Cubs for Victor Caratini.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Could Harper be traded this summer? We didn't think that was possible 4-5 months ago.
    If I am the Nationals, I am moving Harper for a boatload of prospects.

Pretty certain he is going to have a solid (2-3 fWAR) second half and he would certainly push a contender along.
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

I'd bet against Harper being traded unless the Nats know they have zero chance of resigning him.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

keona kela to cardinals for Dakota Hudson

cardinals get a closer and rangers get a top of the line starting pitcher

Never heard of either.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I'm not giving up Sixto. The Phillies have Nola, that's about it. Most guys in the rotation are #3s at best but mostly those 4-5 guys. Sixto could give the Phillies a legit top 2 in a couple seasons.

In saying that, I'd be willing to give up VV, Crawford, Medina, and MM though. It'd be hard because that's quite a bit to give up BUT I wouldn't say no right away. I'd try to give up a different pitcher though. Maybe a Kilome, Suarez, or Romero instead.

I'd much rather wait until the off-season to sign Machado and give up none of them however.
    I agree with the Phillies waiting until the offseason to try to sign him, but if you were to trade for him now and let him be with the clubhouse for half a season, he might be more inclined to sign back with the Phillies if he meshed well with the clubhouse. And Sanchez really does have a huge ceiling, which is why I think the Phillies would be more reluctant to include him and offering many other players before him.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd bet against Harper being traded unless the Nats know they have zero chance of resigning him.
    Also depends on where they're at at the end of July. They don't look like a playoff team right now. And even if they did make the playoffs, my money's on the Braves or Brewers to win from the NL. The Nats should consider it, but yes, it would be dumb to trade someone like Harper.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456