Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

2018 NHL Draft Thread

The 2018 NHL Draft goes Friday, June 22nd and Saturday, June 23rd. The Leafs will pick 25th. Here is the order of the 1st round..

1. Buffalo
    2. Carolina
    3. Montreal
    4. Ottawa
    5. Arizona
    6. Detroit
    7. Vancouver
    8. Chicago
    9. New York Rangers
    10. Edmonton
    11. New York Islanders
    12. New York Islanders via Calgary
    13. Dallas
    14. Philadelphia via St. Louis
    15. Florida
    16. Colorado
    17. New Jersey
    18. Columbus
    19. Philadelphia
    20. Los Angeles
    21. San Jose
    22. Ottawa via Pittsburgh
    23. Anaheim
    24. Minnesota
    25. Toronto
    26. New York Rangers via Boston
    27. Chicago via Nashville
    28. New York Rangers via Tampa Bay
    29. St. Louis via Winnipeg
    30. Detroit via Vegas
    31. Washington

Always a good night. hoping we can move a few guys rights for picks before then and add some meat in the middle rounds

Leafs have a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, a 5th and two 7ths. Some guys I like that might be there at 25 are C Ryan McLeod, C Rasmus Kupari, D K'andre Miller, D Ryan Merkley, C/W Benoit-Olivier Groulx, D Jared McIssac and D Jet Woo. No way Sandin and Wilde fall to 25 although that would be killer. C Joe Valeno probably won't be there either but maybe an outside chance. G Jakub Skarec might be there as a 2nd round pick if you're willing to use a 2nd rounder to draft a goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Leafs have a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, a 5th and two 7ths. Some guys I like that might be there at 25 are C Ryan McLeod, C Rasmus Kupari, D K'andre Miller, D Ryan Merkley, C/W Benoit-Olivier Groulx, D Jared McIssac and D Jet Woo. No way Sandin and Wilde fall to 25 although that would be killer. C Joe Valeno probably won't be there either but maybe an outside chance. G Jakub Skarec might be there as a 2nd round pick if you're willing to use a 2nd rounder to draft a goalie.
    Only one I don't like is Merkley. His skill level is off the charts but he is such a headcase that it wouldn't be worth it. Karlsson skill. Ho-sang attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Only one I don't like is Merkley. His skill level is off the charts but he is such a headcase that it wouldn't be worth it. Karlsson skill. Ho-sang attitude.
    He seems to be the wild card of the draft. I personally wouldn't draft him but some team might chance it. If a team doesn't he could be a mid 2nd rounder. The Leafs are actually weaker for centre prospects than D prospects. McLeod or Kupari would be ideal. I really like McIssac too as a D. Left shot, not flashy but he's just super dependable. Should eventually be a solid 2nd pair guy. Really steady. Groulx is the other Moosehead but could see him going early 2nd. Should be better players at 25. No knock on him. I'd like to see the Leafs load up on centres and D then grab 1 goalie. If the better player available is a winger then fine. But centre is the position I'd concentrate on.

He seems to be the wild card of the draft. I personally wouldn't draft him but some team might chance it. If a team doesn't he could be a mid 2nd rounder. The Leafs are actually weaker for centre prospects than D prospects. McLeod or Kupari would be ideal. I really like McIssac too as a D. Left shot, not flashy but he's just super dependable. Should eventually be a solid 2nd pair guy. Really steady. Groulx is the other Moosehead but could see him going early 2nd. Should be better players at 25. No knock on him. I'd like to see the Leafs load up on centres and D then grab 1 goalie. If the better player available is a winger then fine. But centre is the position I'd concentrate on.
    I like him too. If we do go center in the first round though I would take a shot at Giovanni Vallati https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...ovanni-vallati on Kitchener. He looks so similar to Dermott in junior it's scary. Just a smart player, great at moving the puck, plays a boring game but rarely gets caught making a bad play and his outlet/stretch passes are always on point.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

I'm drafting pure ceiling if in the leafs. You can sign guys like hainsey when you need dependable guys.

It's goin down tomorrow.

Just under 9 hours. Hoping the Leafs make a splash. Also hoping one of Kupari, McIssac or McLeod are there at 25. Wouldn't rule out Dubas trading back either.

I'll list each teams pick as they go along. Sportsnet is showing day 2 of the draft tomorrow as well for those interested in the later rounds.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 06-22-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Just under 9 hours. Hoping the Leafs make a splash. Also hoping one of Kupari, McIssac or McLeod are there at 25. Wouldn't rule out Dubas trading back either.

I'll list each teams pick as they go along. Sportsnet is showing day 2 of the draft tomorrow as well for those interested in the later rounds.
    This is a big year for RD. hoping we pull one out with our first two picks (not Merkley). I also really like Dellandrea as a 6'0" Right shot center who doesn't turn 18 until July and put up almost a PPG in the O.

I haven't kept up with this draft at all. Sounds like there is going to be ton of movement too. It might be an epic night

Some tidbits i'm seeing:

-Skinner is close to being dealt. 3 teams are hot on his trail. Rumour yesterday was the Kings were the most likely landing spot

-Hamonic could be dealt by the Flames. Dreger says the Flames are trying to get into the 1st round

-Hawks shopping their 27th pick

-Eklund says that the Flyers and Oilers might be close to a deal. Yeah, it's Eklund but he does actually have a record with predicting things with the Flyers. Also, Simmonds was rumoured to be on the block a week ago.

- MOntreal desperately trying to trade down. They have pick #3 and likely want to trade to the 7-10 range to pick a centre. So if the Leafs could trade up to that range, a top-3 pick would be easier than ever to acquire.

- Avs are very close to a trade, might be a goalie and might be tied to CRaig Anderson asking for a trade recently. Anderson started his career in Colorado and had a legendary 50+ save game. The Avs are looking for a 30-40 game started now that Bernier is gone.

-Dreger and Bobby Mac say they think Dubas might look to give Leivo and NHL opportunity

-Lightning won't bring Kunitz back next year. He'd be a solid addition for us. Good both ways, great forechecker. He's been on a ton of cup teams

- Paul Martin bought out in San Jose. They open up another $3 million for a run at Tavares. San Jose are also in the Kovalchuk sweeps as well.

-Zucker, Niederreitter and Coyle are all on the block. I think all three would be great additions for us but they are all expensive and all wingers. Coyle could be a decent 3c option
    Last edited by OptiMized; 06-22-2018 at 04:14 PM.

I picked a fantastic night to lose my debit/credit card... ****!

Draft is going to get interesting with Montreal. I have a feeling we're going to get a good player if we keep the 25th pick. Positive vibes.

Dahlin 1
    Svechnikov 2

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast