Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 85 of 85
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    27,077

    RIP A-Gon(s career with the Mets)

    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    It isnt about advanced metrics, it is about player development. If they want to move him up in late July or August...fine. Next year they will be in Syracuse and he can learn to hit a more refined breaking ball.
    How do all the All Stars players who came through the western side of the PCL learn to hit breaking pitches? At some point, its about talent first. Then again... hardly anyone spends enough time in the minors to truly be MLB ready nowadays.

    When was the last time Alonso hit a double?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    29,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    How do all the All Stars players who came through the western side of the PCL learn to hit breaking pitches? At some point, its about talent first. Then again... hardly anyone spends enough time in the minors to truly be MLB ready nowadays.

    When was the last time Alonso hit a double?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your first statement is not true. There are plenty of top prospects hitting out of AAA. Development is different for every player. That's why there should be no concrete stance on what happens with Alonso. For all we know, he could be ML ready today (although I'm not advocating bringing him up right now).
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-13-2018 at 04:34 PM.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    42,892

    RIP A-Gon(s career with the Mets)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    How do all the All Stars players who came through the western side of the PCL learn to hit breaking pitches? At some point, its about talent first. Then again... hardly anyone spends enough time in the minors to truly be MLB ready nowadays.

    When was the last time Alonso hit a double?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They don't play more than half of their games in the desert.

    He has two doubles tonight.
    Last edited by Claymation; 06-13-2018 at 10:14 PM.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    27,077
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Your first statement is not true. There are plenty of top prospects hitting out of AAA. Development is different for every player. That's why there should be no concrete stance on what happens with Alonso. For all we know, he could be ML ready today (although I'm not advocating bringing him up right now).
    Of course there are plenty of prospects hitting out of AAA. As usual you dont see the point. Whatever.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    29,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Of course there are plenty of prospects hitting out of AAA. As usual you dont see the point. Whatever.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do see your point. Your question about his last double was at best a cute attempt to suggest he wasn't ready or make reference to his development or lack thereof.

    What I also see is how lock step you are with everything they do. Just more deferring. I'm glad they thought Alonso was ready to see AAA this year and not next.

    ****, never bring him up and that would have been ok too as long as it come from someone in the organization.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-15-2018 at 11:12 PM.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    27,077
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I do see your point. Your question about his last double was at best a cute attempt to suggest he wasn't ready or make reference to his development or lack thereof.

    What I also see is how lock step you are with everything they do. Just more deferring. I'm glad they thought Alonso was ready to see AAA this year and not next.

    ****, never bring him up and that would have been ok too as long as it come from someone in the organization.
    No. You dont. You dont see x2.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    29,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    No. You dont. You dont see x2.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Then enlighten me because that's what it all sounds like.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    27,077
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Then enlighten me because that's what it all sounds like.
    Because thats all you hear.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    29,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Because thats all you hear.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like I said, enlighten me.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    29,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Because thats all you hear.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didnt think you would because that's all your point was.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •