Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

RIP A-Gon(s career with the Mets)

The plug has been pulled.

Outright released. No word on whos getting called up. Per Joel Sherman, idea is that Bruce goes to first if Cespedes comes back.

Smith and Ty Kelly will take the roster spots of A-Gon and Lobaton (who is also being DFAd)

This move had to be made. We need to hope Dom Smith becomes who we hoped he was.

Another thought on this move. getting a good look at Dom, even as a trade chip, but also move Alonso up to Vegas and have him as a possible august/sept call-up if dom is struggling. Also leaves an opening for Jay Bruce to play 1st. What's your guess.

My guess is Dom stays up until Cespedes comes back then goes right back down. He seems to be in baseball purgatory but I hope he makes the most of playing everyday. Hopefully he can run with the opportunity like Nimmo and if he does then I would imagine Bruce goes on the DL or Conforto goes down if theyre struggling.

Alonso should move up to AAA by now consideirng its a hitters haven but that may not happen unless Dom can prove some versatility and play the OF.

Should have never signed him in the first place but glad he's gone. Give Smith the playing time. See what he is. I'm fine with seeing Evans too who passed through waivers.

Reyes should be next but his stay of execution came when Cabrera pulled up lame last night.

The Mets also called up Kelly so why can't he play 2nd if Cabrera is out. Reyes sure can't play it as he showed tonight. Reyes batting average is 100 points lower than Agon's and his defense is awful no matter where he plays. How is he still on this team?

Because Cabrera just got hurt.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    The Mets also called up Kelly so why can't he play 2nd if Cabrera is out. Reyes sure can't play it as he showed tonight. Reyes batting average is 100 points lower than Agon's and his defense is awful no matter where he plays. How is he still on this team?
    Ty Kelly isn't going to start if Cabrera is out, Jose will.

Ty Kelly gets yet another chance.I just cant.

That kid in AA who is raking, McNeil? No, were gonna see Ty Kelly again.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Reyes should be next but his stay of execution came when Cabrera pulled up lame last night.
    It's a travesty these owners are so cheap that they can't afford to cut 2 million from the payroll. When he missed the base last night he should have been immediately cut. Not just because of that but because of everything or the nothing he has done.

Lmao at Ty Kelly again!

Bruce will eventually move to first, but for now Smith has to show something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast