Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    “If liberals are so ****ing smart how come they lose so god damn always.” - Will McAvoy, Newsroom

I love Maher. He’s one of the few on the progressive left who consistently points out everything that needs to be fixed with Democrats and liberals.

Which is a weakness compared to conservatives. They are unapologetically conservative no matter what. Look how quickly people on the right (even in this forum) went from “Trump is a distraction and a joke” to “**** yeah MAGA mother ****ers”. They’ll follow wherever it goes and never afraid to say what they believe.

Meanwhile liberals are self reflecting to a fault and democrats are too scared of corporations to be pro union anymore, too scared of universities to be pro student, too scared of moderates to proudly say they are pro choice, pro environment, etc

Both sides are a ****ing mess for different reasons. It’s pathetic where we are now. Teddy Roosevelt would turn on Fox News and vomit today to see where his party is at.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The Democrats are playing the GOP/Trump game and starting to learn it. They have a bit of learning to go before they get to Trump’s level. Starting his bid by calling the president a foreigner and questioning his legitimacy was an amazing opening salvo. Then calling Mexicans rapists and murderers was a good move politically. It didn’t cost the GOP Avery much but fired up the racists who felt like their need to dehumanize brown people had been pushed to the back burner by economic minded Republicans.
    He didn't but the democrats are liars and still insist he did. Identity politics are costing you.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Pelosi and Schumer need to go before I ever consider voting Democrat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    He didn't but the democrats are liars and still insist he did. Identity politics are costing you.
    His exact words are publicly available. I’ve seen the video too. He said exactly what I say he said. Sorry man. I get he plays for your team, but he is what he is. It’s why he said there were good people on both sides when dealing with neo-Nazis but couldn’t make the same claim when dealing with Black football protesters or the caravan of refugees he attacked a month or so ago. He can’t see the humanity in a group he views as sub-human.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I agree. Chuck Schumer is basically a Republican.
    this my sig

For those complaining about gerrymandering, it totally depends on the state. The Democrats have held power in Maryland for so long that it's nearly impossible to get a Republican elected to the House, and in the state government, they've long had enough power to overturn governor vetoes whenever it suits them. Both sides are guilty of that, and will continue to be guilty of that.

This whole “they think they know what’s best” argument is bunk. All politicians think they know what’s best for you and if you only ascribe that belief to one side, then you’re blind.
    My only disagreement with this statement is that I believe that few politicians genuinely think “they know what’s best” fo us. Rather they say they think the know what’s best for us, but they really are only truly interested in what’s best for themselves and their cohorts.

This whole “they think they know what’s best” argument is bunk. All politicians think they know what’s best for you and if you only ascribe that belief to one side, then you’re blind.

And yea it takes some big stones to think you are the right person to craft laws that people will be expected to follow. That’s not exclusive to the left and I think everyone knows that.
    This is far more prevalent on the Democrat side.

Far miore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    This is far more prevalent on the Democrat side.

Far miore.
    Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    My only disagreement with this statement is that I believe that few politicians genuinely think “they know what’s best” fo us. Rather they say they think the know what’s best for us, but they really are only truly interested in what’s best for themselves and their cohorts.
    I'd like to see some sort of a system that takes into consideration already drawn county lines and eliminates all these silly shaped districts altogether. County lines are already drawn, no need for all the finagling.

Maybe have a representative winner in each county regardless of population with higher population counties having more than one representative. Then have all of those winners collectively vote to send the appropriate number to Congress based on that state's population.

Obviously, here would be many awkward details to work out, but as it is now, many counties have no say in what goes on. States with the big cities have those urban populations calling all the shots. The counties deserve more than what many of them are getting under the present set up.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    For those complaining about gerrymandering, it totally depends on the state. The Democrats have held power in Maryland for so long that it's nearly impossible to get a Republican elected to the House, and in the state government, they've long had enough power to overturn governor vetoes whenever it suits them. Both sides are guilty of that, and will continue to be guilty of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I'd like to see some sort of a system that takes into consideration already drawn county lines and eliminates all these silly shaped districts altogether. County lines are already drawn, no need for all the finagling.

Maybe have a representative winner in each county regardless of population with higher population counties having more than one representative. Then have all of those winners collectively vote to send the appropriate number to Congress based on that state's population.

Obviously, here would be many awkward details to work out, but as it is now, many counties have no say in what goes on. States with the big cities have those urban populations calling all the shots. The counties deserve more than what many of them are getting under the present set up.
    I think you meant to quote this, not my post.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I agree. Chuck Schumer is basically a Republican.
    I would think that a true republican would find that insulting. They usually, and wrongly, lump him and Pelosi in with the progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Incorrect.
    Well, that certainly convinces me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You'd never consider voting Democratic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Maryland has one Republican member of the House.

Maryland is one state gerrymandered by Democrats. Republicans have gerrymandered Ohio, NC, Wisconsin, Michigan, and all of the south into oblivion. You can't just ignore all that and then take one state Democrats gerrymandered and wail "both sides!".

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast