Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 123
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,921
    I always like me a good MANRAM tirade

    even if I don't agree with everything

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    70,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I always like me a good MANRAM tirade

    even if I don't agree with everything
    I was on vacation for a while and when I got back I figured it was a good time to start weening myself of the internet. I still do like posting and reading here, even as much as it frustrates me at times. But I reckon it will be a bit less often.

    But there is some catharsis in my senile ranting!
    this my sig

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,921
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I was on vacation for a while and when I got back I figured it was a good time to start weening myself of the internet. I still do like posting and reading here, even as much as it frustrates me at times. But I reckon it will be a bit less often.

    But there is some catharsis in my senile ranting!
    I hear ya... I have been posting in here less and less... no one is interested in anything other than winning for their team

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,037
    Liberals haven't been winning since they went off the deep end and raging liberals think the answer is going even farther.

    I hate to break it to some of you but there are a lot of reasonable and open minded people in this country that used to vote democrat but now feel like the party doesn't represent them.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,037
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Bill Maher sucks but I agree with the premise. Democrats lose time after time despite more popular policy. You can point to the ways the deck has been stacked against them (be it gerrymandering, voter suppression, Wyoming getting 2 Senators just like California...etc.) but a lot of that is because, well, they're losers. Republicans are far more ruthless in the way they fight to win and it's not even close.

    Next time Dems have the power they better start playing dirty too. Start being winners, because even if it makes you feel dirty, it's worth it. Stop bringing knifes to this gun fight, mimic your Republican tormentors and get this country where it needs to be.

    Pack the courts with Doogie Howser-like progressive judges.

    Give statehood to DC and PR (both shouldn't be controversial but, again, because Republicans are ruthless competitors it isn't happening).

    Hell, enlarge the Supreme Court, which can be done by an act of Congress, to get around the 5-4 minority that was stolen.

    Pass a new voting rights act which mandates automatic registration, relief from punitive felony voting laws and eliminates the overtly racist voter ID laws. And make election day a holiday already.

    Hell, break up California into multiple states. It's the 6th largest economy in the world. Maybe Republicans counter by breaking up Texas...but let them. It wouldn't be as beneficial.

    Amnesty for millions of undocumented immigrants.

    There's a range there that I'm sure many would and would not be comfortable with, but at the very least, Dems need to start doing SOMETHING.

    And any conservative that wants to cry about such brazen ideas, don't. Republicans are the only major political party in the democratic world that actively seek to make it harder for people to vote. They've been gerrymandering like hell. They're packing the courts themselves. They let PR rot because they are worried about the electoral ramifications of they got statehood. They are "winners" because they stoop.


    The shamelessness is worth it. Republicans get away with it, Democrats can too.
    Spoken like a modern liberal. You're not getting the votes you want so you want to change the system. How about representing the American citizens a little bit better? I mean, isn't that supposed to be why they're paid?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post

    I hate to break it to some of you but there are a lot of reasonable and open minded people in this country that used to vote democrat but now feel like the party doesn't represent them.
    For sure. And now they don’t have ANY reasonable option.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    First, I think conservative and liberal do not necessarily work here, insofar as olitical parties have a life of their own outside of their so-called platforms. I prefer Republican and Democrat — neither of whose destruction, by the way, would I lament.

    REDPUBLICANS: I think the word “own” is appropriate here. They are first and foremost, greedy (which is why they favor the wealthy). Let’s face it, Republicans have no more of a coherent agenda for governing than do the Democrats; they want power — straight and simple. They will do anything to attain (and maintain) power: lie, gerrymander, obstruct. Standard stuff in politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    . Republicans are first and foremost greedy…you say this as if its a bad thing. What you consider "greed" others may consider "advancement." If you made $100K last year is it greedy to want to make $150K this year or is it the desire to move ahead. No matter how wealthy the wealth are, they want to move ahead. Standing still, no matter how high the level you are standing on, means falling behind. Look at economic reports…a business that is 2-3% behind last year goes into panic mode when they are only really a slight amount behind. "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good."
    You mistake here what I said. I said that the republican party is greedy for power, not that republicans are greedy. It is the party that is greedy for power.

    Again, this is neither good nor bad; it’s simply their primary concern — the driving force in their strategy, which has been highly successful in the last eight years: do what it takes to gain more power.
    Last edited by Crovash; 06-12-2018 at 03:51 PM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,897
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Liberals haven't been winning since they went off the deep end and raging liberals think the answer is going even farther.

    I hate to break it to some of you but there are a lot of reasonable and open minded people in this country that used to vote democrat but now feel like the party doesn't represent them.
    Clinton lost because she was too mushy, too cozy with establishment politics and centrism.

    Undeniable fact.

    Also, more people have fled the Republican Party for extremism than the Democratic Party.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    70,406
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Spoken like a modern liberal. You're not getting the votes you want so you want to change the system. How about representing the American citizens a little bit better? I mean, isn't that supposed to be why they're paid?
    Spoken like a Republican, I think you meant.

    Trust me. I am incredibly dissatisfied with the Democratic party and think they do a terrible job representing the American people, all things considered. Again, I think they're slightly less disingenuous than the right, which doesn't give a single **** about the average middle class (let alone poor) person and only are concerned with the rich...but again, only slightly so.

    I'd reckon this is the first time in however many thousand posts I've made in this forum that I've suggested any of those things But if we're talking about not being losers because the right politics more ruthlessly, I stand by it. Why not fight like the Republicans fight?

    And hell, there is NOTHING sleazy about PR/DC statehood, voter rights acts or thinking our present legislative branch is not representative at all. Those things don't at all need to be argued from a political opportunism perceptive.

    Trump's packing the courts, so I'm comfortable with wanting Democrats to do so too.

    Breaking up California for electoral reasons is stooping, but it's kinda justifiable for a litany of reasons. Amnesty for undocumented citizens should be viewed as the morally and humanely right thing to do, not the beneficial thing to do...but hey, that's usually what it takes to get Dems to do the right things so why not pitch it that way?

    And again, any conservative hypocritically complaining about "you're not getting the votes you want so you want to change the system" can literally just screw off.

    I rant all the time about what's wrong with the Democratic party. They can win easily and change the direction of this country if they get over the bad centrist ways. The revolution needs to come from policy and TRULY helping out Americans across the board. Not just lip service. Not just "love wins" mind-frames. But truly being progressives. They don't need to resort to the tricks the right has resorted to, but at the same time, some of those things are truly good so hell yeah they should.
    this my sig

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,037
    I'm not a conservative, I'm one of those people that won't vote democrat anymore. Last president I voted for was Barack in 08.

    Van Jones called Trump winning "whitelash". Democrats constantly blame and ***** about white middle class Americans and then they wonder why they didn't show up to vote for Hillary.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    898
    Because Liberals believe in failed ideologies. That's why they will lose. They will always lose. They may win some battles, but they will always lose the war.
    I mean seriously.....How pathetic of a party do you have to be where your side controls media, controls social media, controls hollywood/entertainment, controls academia and completely tries to shut down any opposing viewpoints. AND STILL LOSES... to Donald Trump. If that doesn't tell you that something is wrong with your side, then your head is so far up your *** it may never come out.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    19,704
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Where were you when the republican congress said the same thing about Obama back in 2008, right after the banking crash that year? Wanting to see him fail?
    so basically you have nothing at all to say about this and instead butwhatabout something else?
    is it really that complicated to agree that this is wrong without having to deflect to something else. come on.

    anyone wanting the President (Republican or Democrat) to fail is simply ****ing stupid. this should be something that everyone should be able to agree on, but apparently not.

    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,839
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Liberals haven't been winning since they went off the deep end and raging liberals think the answer is going even farther.

    I hate to break it to some of you but there are a lot of reasonable and open minded people in this country that used to vote democrat but now feel like the party doesn't represent them.
    The Democrats are playing the GOP/Trump game and starting to learn it. They have a bit of learning to go before they get to Trump’s level. Starting his bid by calling the president a foreigner and questioning his legitimacy was an amazing opening salvo. Then calling Mexicans rapists and murderers was a good move politically. It didn’t cost the GOP Avery much but fired up the racists who felt like their need to dehumanize brown people had been pushed to the back burner by economic minded Republicans.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,273
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Because Liberals believe in failed ideologies. That's why they will lose. They will always lose. They may win some battles, but they will always lose the war.
    I mean seriously.....How pathetic of a party do you have to be where your side controls media, controls social media, controls hollywood/entertainment, controls academia and completely tries to shut down any opposing viewpoints. AND STILL LOSES... to Donald Trump. If that doesn't tell you that something is wrong with your side, then your head is so far up your *** it may never come out.
    Excellent points.

    I see most of the Democrat leadership as incredibly condescending. They always know what's best for me. The only reason Trump was elected is that we Republicans were too uninformed as to know what we were doing.

    Trump is a flawed candidate. What really must stick in the Democrat's craw is that pretty much anyone else probably would have beaten him. Biden for sure would have beaten him.

    But somewhere along the line, some sort of deal was made to give the nomination to Hillary. If I had to guess, it was for her agreeing to go along with Obama in the first term. They probably agreed to step aside for her in 2016.

    You had 3 candidates for the Democratic nomination at a time when the presidency had to change. Why only 3 (and the Irish guy dropped out almost immediately making it only two. Watch 2020…you will have Democrats coming out of the woodwork for the nomination. Yet in 2016 pretty much nobody ran.

    Some sort of a deal was made for Hillary. And it backfired big time.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,839
    This whole “they think they know what’s best” argument is bunk. All politicians think they know what’s best for you and if you only ascribe that belief to one side, then you’re blind.

    And yea it takes some big stones to think you are the right person to craft laws that people will be expected to follow. That’s not exclusive to the left and I think everyone knows that.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •