Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 564

Thread: 2018-19 Draft

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25,670
    The Ringer mentioned #2 Kings and #5 Mavs wanna move down in this draft. Kings want more young players. Mavs want win now pieces for a playoff push. Clippers wanna package both #12 and #13 and move up.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,021
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    The Ringer mentioned #2 Kings and #5 Mavs wanna move down in this draft. Kings want more young players. Mavs want win now pieces for a playoff push. Clippers wanna package both #12 and #13 and move up.
    The Kings can get a possible (likely?) superstar at 2 ... it would be totally Kings-like to trade out of that spot.

    Luka is underrated now.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    47,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yeah ... but once over the cap you can sign an infinite number of players on vet minimum deals. Not saying I agree with the idea/plan, just that it's not unworkable.
    Well I think that pushes it to needing to not pick up an option of salary dump a small salary to make the max space.

    Thatís still besides the fact of it doesnít really help us based on the needs.

    PROCESSING

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Kings can get a possible (likely?) superstar at 2 ... it would be totally Kings-like to trade out of that spot.

    Luka is underrated now.
    Ainge could whip up a nice package for #2 or #5. If Kings front office is gullible if I was the Bucks i'd cough up Brogdon,Maker,Wilson,#17 for #2 easily. Still not enough. But Kings been ran poorly for so long hard to say what they do. Ainge could offer up Rozier and Kings own pick or Grizzlies or a couple of their own. Hard to say what Ainge has up his sleeves.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Kings can get a possible (likely?) superstar at 2 ... it would be totally Kings-like to trade out of that spot.

    Luka is underrated now.
    And they don't have their pick next year so they need a high-impact guy and improve to mid/late lottery otherwise they will get the Nets treatment


    Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

    One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,021
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well I think that pushes it to needing to not pick up an option of salary dump a small salary to make the max space.

    Thatís still besides the fact of it doesnít really help us based on the needs.
    Yeah ... frankly at this point what the Sixers need most is a quality GM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    29,808
    Is Doncic gonna be a superstar? That's the question. I'm not sure he will be.

    With that said, he's still the guy I'd pick at #2. All of these prospects have their questions and their flaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    47,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yeah ... frankly at this point what the Sixers need most is a quality GM.
    We had that. In Hinkie.

    We donít really need a quality one. We need a smart one that can get one of those guys, then find high value on certain fitting skill set players to get on a good deal. I guess thatís quality, but I tend to associate that with retread.

    PROCESSING

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    29,808
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Ainge could whip up a nice package for #2 or #5. If Kings front office is gullible if I was the Bucks i'd cough up Brogdon,Maker,Wilson,#17 for #2 easily. Still not enough. But Kings been ran poorly for so long hard to say what they do. Ainge could offer up Rozier and Kings own pick or Grizzlies or a couple of their own. Hard to say what Ainge has up his sleeves.
    If Celtics are serious about wanting the #2 pick, they'll offer Brown. I don't think Rozier is gonna move the needle even with the Kings 2019 pick included.

    Brown and the Kings 2019 pick for the #2 pick. IDK why the Celtics would feel the need to make this sort of trade, but from the Kings perspective, this is what it would cost probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    If Celtics are serious about wanting the #2 pick, they'll offer Brown. I don't think Rozier is gonna move the needle even with the Kings 2019 pick included.

    Brown and the Kings 2019 pick for the #2 pick. IDK why the Celtics would feel the need to make this sort of trade, but from the Kings perspective, this is what it would cost probably.
    That would be really interesting. And also give the Kinds motivation to suck next year


    Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

    One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Is Doncic gonna be a superstar? That's the question. I'm not sure he will be.

    With that said, he's still the guy I'd pick at #2. All of these prospects have their questions and their flaws.
    I think he has the best chance of anyone in this draft to be.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    6,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I really like Elie Okobo, Chandler Hutchison, Aaron Holiday, Donte Divencenzo, Mo Wagner, Grayson Allen, Jared Vanderbilt ... and several others.
    Hutch, Brunson, Wagner, And Spellmen i really like.
    Last edited by Silent; 06-12-2018 at 03:53 PM.

    #FreeYagyu And CSSTL

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Edit: I see there should be spaces there. You still left off a bunch of guys though in Anderson ($2,516,048); TLC ($1,446,360); Korkmaz ($1,740,000)
    Yes I did. They're project players who have little impact. Easy guys to move and you can likely get a pick in return for them in the future.

    That also means that we would have to renounce rights to Redick, Johnson, Belinelli, Ilyasova.
    Which you'd have to do anyways to sign a max so that's of no consequence in this scenario. If Redick wants to stay he could re-sign for the MIN. You'd also have the $4M in cap space (assuming you trade your first rounders for future picks) and could likely bring them all back.

    Right now with total Taxable Salaries were at $70,494,696. Swapping out Bayless for Rozier/Morris on the salary table does little to change that.
    Right, but the original point is that it doesn't take away the ability to sign a max guy. Which was my point and you incorrectly stated that wasn't true. It is true.

    You also just breezed past the point where 2 people have told you itís not really a fit anyways. The issue isnít needing a guy like Rozier or a tweener like Morris. Itís needing an athletic wing player. I rather just take either of the Bridges of Walker at 10 than have a one year rental on Rozier and Morris, and need to commit bit money to one of them to keep them. The deal makes no sense from our side.
    PG13 isn't an athletic wing player? Cov isn't an athletic wing player? I don't see how it doesn't make sense...It makes you a better team in 2018/19 and in the future. Morris isn't going to command huge dollars going forward. He's a mid level guy, $10-15M max for him to be re-signed. Rozier is still up for debate on what kind of a contract he would get. You'd be over the cap at that point anyways so the money doesn't really hurt you.

    Bridges is a nice player, he's never going to be a stud though either. Rozier and Morris will give you more in 2018/19 than Bridges would. Probably more in year 2 as well (if they were retained). Bridges may overtake their production in year 3...He may not.

    City of Champions

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It came through with strange formatting on mobile anyways. Doesnít matter since he still forgot about 3 players.
    I didn't forget about the 3 players. If you're signing a max, you have to renounce their rights. Period. That's what we're talking about. If you want them back by keeping their rights...You're not getting a MAX. It's that simple.

    In either scenario you have the MLE and minimum contracts which you can likely Beli and Ily back on minimums anyways should they want to return. And I don't think it's out of the question for Redick to return on a MLE.

    City of Champions

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    id rather keep Reddick then trade an asset for Rozier anyway. Miles Bridges + Reddick is a lot more valuable to us than Rozier.
    Redick+Rozier+Morris is better than Redick + Bridges. At least for 1 year...Probably 2. If Bridges pans out he's likely better in year 3.

    To draft at 10 and sign a MAX Redick is gone anyways unless comes back for the MLE. Which is he does, you can come back on an MLE in my scenario as well.

    City of Champions

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •