Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 28.00%
  • No

18 72.00%
Page 86 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2083
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Pop gets a long with players that follows his rules and proto-type. Tough to see him dealing with a player with a ton of baggage- like Lebron
    Sure, but he's hardly an ego guy. He just believes no one is bigger than the team and expects a certain level of play from his guys.

It would be more of Lebron having to swallow his ego. And I am sure Pop would have some flexibility, but he won't play favorites.. That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Eh Kobe never joined a 73 win team and still won 5, there's no more loyalty in the NBA just a bunch of ring chasers
    No he refused to go to the team that draft him because they sucked and said he'd sit out if they didn't send him to the Lakers

Wait until Trump becomes the NBA commish after his 8 years in office. Next big challenge: MAKE THE NBA GREAT AGAIN!
    Donald ainít Jewish, heís not getting in

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So then thats on you for putting personal context to something I said. He just beat Boston, true or false? His teammates did not play well, true or false? If you gave him a better team, he could stay ahead of that team with Kyrie and Gordon....that's what's up for question. But I would believe that even if the Celtics improve, Lebron with better teammates would still come out on top.
    No thatís on you for failing to place context where itís needed, in order to make yourself feel better.

Ok? It's still legitimate questions to talk about BEFORE A SERIES STARTS!
    It just shows that youíre still blind even after seeing it happen right in front of your eyes.

And it's possible they downgraded in depth. There's a give and take.
    Theyíre getting back two top 25 players lol. Who cares if they lose one of Smart/Baynes? And if they want they can bring both back. Keep reaching.

It's not narrow minded to say guys can improve. It's narrow minded to think that issues would stay the same.
    Simmons still canít shoot outside of 5 feet and until we see that largely changed (very unlikely, at least for next year) then itís still an issue.

Now your changing your tune. Having control and beating with ease are not the same.
    Beating someone in 5 games is beating with ease. They also had control the whole series. Sorry if you canít understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    No he refused to go to the team that draft him because they sucked and said he'd sit out if they didn't send him to the Lakers
    Did the Lakers have 3 superstars and won 73 games and made the Finals that season? Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I've seen multiple articles sourcing comments from Ramona Shelburne this morning that suggests otherwise.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ln9klWEiPA&feature=youtu.be

Kuz roasting Zo on bleacher report. media really trying to make a story here when there really isnt one, im sure some lakers management isnt happy, but this isnt a real story or a threat of distention unless theres something between the two I am not aware of, these guys are BFFs

First Sim League Title!

The point here being, if Bron goes to Philly, the only team really that could impede him from the finals is Boston. Yes Boston was injured and down 2 studs, but Bron carried that Cleveland team to the finals. If you give him better players around him, even with Kyrie and Hayward coming back, it's no lock that Boston automatically gets through.

Your claiming that asking questions about matchups before a series starts means someone gets exposed is stupid.

And it's not narrow to think players can improve. I hold the belief that the type of growth and improvement Simmons and Embiid can make ( along with not having every shooter go cold at the same moment) that we're going to be able to make a much bigger jump than some other teams can make with their best players improving. Embiid cutting down 1.5 TO per game, Simmons being a 28% 3-point shooter, and Fultz giving us anything is a massive change to the complexity of this team.

Sure Tatums play making and Browns FT% can help the Celtics, but overall their roles might dip some with Hayward and Irving back, so those growth and improvements might not have the same impact.
    Not only can Simmons not shoot, but heís AFRAID to shoot.

And LeBron coming to Philly wouldnít have Embiid and Simmons roles dip, so their growth and improvements might not have the same impact?

I think your problem is that you canít see your team without homer-glasses. The same faults you like to place on other teams, you fail to notice on your favorite team. Itís something that you can definitely work on improving if you open up your mind a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    No thatís on you for failing to place context where itís needed, in order to make yourself feel better.
    Not really. I presented two facts and drew a conclusion from that. Keep arguing otherwise though.

It just shows that youíre still blind even after seeing it happen right in front of your eyes.
    Huh? So we canít ask before a game starts who will cover who because it might be answered later? Because thatís what it sounds like your saying.

Theyíre getting back two top 25 players lol. Who cares if they lose one of Smart/Baynes? And if they want they can bring both back. Keep reaching.
    So itís a reach to suggest that LeBron with better teammates canít still be a tough matchup? **** why does anyone bother to try then?

Simmons still canít shoot outside of 5 feet and until we see that largely changed (very unlikely, at least for next year) then itís still an issue.
    1) Why is that unlikely? 2) Havenít said itís not an issue if he canít.

Beating someone in 5 games is beating with ease. They also had control the whole series. Sorry if you canít understand that.
    Going to OT and 3 games on average at 3 points is not ďwith easeĒ

PROCESSING

Not really. I presented two facts and drew a conclusion from that. Keep arguing otherwise though.
    Lol if youíre willing to go that route then we can throw out a bunch of idiotic statements.

Huh? So we canít ask before a game starts who will cover who because it might be answered later? Because thatís what it sounds like your saying.
    You literally just posted the same thing people were posting before the series, even after seeing it get completely exposed by Boston. Those ďmismatchesĒ were non-existent.

So itís a reach to suggest that LeBron with better teammates canít still be a tough matchup? **** why does anyone bother to try then?
    What??? That has nothing to do with what I quoted. Youíre trying to argue theyíll downgrade in depth when theyíll lose like their 8th best player and get their top 2 back. Itís just dumb.

1) Why is that unlikely? 2) Havenít said itís not an issue if he canít.
    Itís unlikely because usually guys who canít shoot for their lives donít magically learn how to shoot, especially in one off-season.

Going to OT and 3 games on average at 3 points is not ďwith easeĒ
    5 games. Easy.

Not only can Simmons not shoot, but heís AFRAID to shoot.

And LeBron coming to Philly wouldnít have Embiid and Simmons roles dip, so their growth and improvements might not have the same impact?

I think your problem is that you canít see your team without homer-glasses. The same faults you like to place on other teams, you fail to notice on your favorite team. Itís something that you can definitely work on improving if you open up your mind a bit.
    I havenít disagreed with the flaws at all In fact I brought some of them up. You keep bringing up stuff that hasnít been brought up and act like Iím saying itís not true.

Of course there will be impacts to everyoneís roles. But wouldnít having more guys that can make plays for themselves and others help LeBron too?

I can see my team without the homer glasses. I think the better question is can you look at them without hate filled glasses? Each one of your posts has somehow had a putdown of a Sixers player. Of course it looks homerish when Iíve had to do nothing but defend them. Youíd be doing the same thing if each one of my posts was continually pointing out the same 2 flaws of Celtics players.

PROCESSING

Philly won 16 games in a row to end the year which made people think they were some great team. They won THREE games against playoff teams in that span. THREE. An 8th seed, a 7th seed, and the other win was by 2 points. That huge ďgrowthĒ was a mirage. Theyíre not nearly as far along as people think.

I donít think LeBron will waste the last few years of his prime in Philly trying to grow with them. He wants to win.

I havenít disagreed with the flaws at all In fact I brought some of them up. You keep bringing up stuff that hasnít been brought up and act like Iím saying itís not true.

Of course there will be impacts to everyoneís roles. But wouldnít having more guys that can make plays for themselves and others help LeBron too?

I can see my team without the homer glasses. I think the better question is can you look at them without hate filled glasses? Each one of your posts has somehow had a putdown of a Sixers player. Of course it looks homerish when Iíve had to do nothing but defend them. Youíd be doing the same thing if each one of my posts was continually pointing out the same 2 flaws of Celtics players.
    Having more guys that can make plays wonít help Brown/Tatum get better matchups and more open shots in order to be more efficient? There it is again lol. These blanket statements apply to every team that is acquiring more talent.

Pointing out facts is putting players down? Simmons canít shoot. That is a fact.
    Last edited by ZH721; 06-13-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Sure, but he's hardly an ego guy. He just believes no one is bigger than the team and expects a certain level of play from his guys.

It would be more of Lebron having to swallow his ego. And I am sure Pop would have some flexibility, but he won't play favorites.. That's for sure.
    But if LeBron went to spurs management and said: "I'll sign a full max here; but if there's any issues with myself and Pop and it get's bad- he has to go". Does management allow LeBron to leave the building? Or would they allow Lebron to bring in his own coach as pop should be retiring at some point. Unless he's drinking life-water and can coach until he's 100

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

But if LeBron went to spurs management and said: "I'll sign a full max here; but if there's any issues with myself and Pop and it get's bad- he has to go". Does management allow LeBron to leave the building? Or would they allow Lebron to bring in his own coach as pop should be retiring at some point. Unless he's drinking life-water and can coach until he's 100
    There's no chance they're letting him run the show there like that. They would trade him for sure if he couldn't work it out.

He didn't have that luxury with Riley, he had to adjust to Spo even if he wasn't thrilled. He sure as hell wouldn't have that luxury with Pop/RC

Lol if youíre willing to go that route then we can throw out a bunch of idiotic statements.
    Did the Cavs just beat the Celtics? Yes.
    Is it reasonable to feel the Cavs were not good outside of LeBron? Yes.

Therefore itís reasonable to assume that LeBron with better teammates could still win a series against the Celtics even with Irving and Hayward.

I think suggesting he couldnít and would be better off being beat by the Warriors is very homerish.

You literally just posted the same thing people were posting before the series, even after seeing it get completely exposed by Boston. Those ďmismatchesĒ were non-existent.
    That makes zero sense still.

How can I say something before, but be wrong after. Your using one situation to change another because my mismatch statement was on adding LeBron to the current Sixers and in place of Covington or Saric for that lineup.

So how can a lineup that hasnít existed been exposed?

What??? That has nothing to do with what I quoted. Youíre trying to argue theyíll downgrade in depth when theyíll lose like their 8th best player and get their top 2 back. Itís just dumb.
    Let me break it down for you:
    Gaining Irving and Hayward will always be a plus.

Part of what makes Boston so great is depth and versatility. Even if thatís the 8th guy it will have an impact.

The upside of Irving and Gordon is far higher than the downside of Smart. Doesnít mean there wonít be an impact felt though.

Itís unlikely because usually guys who canít shoot for their lives donít magically learn how to shoot, especially in one off-season.
    Thereís a different between canít and wonít. He can shoot with range, and thereís plenty of evidence to support that. Problem is he wonít, and the times he does are the jab at the foul line and shoot. Or the strange dribble to the left and fade away running away from the hoop. He hits them at a decent clip, but doesnít do them enough and from different spots on the floor.

5 games. Easy.
    Disagree. But if thatís your measure of easy then good for you.

PROCESSING