Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 28.00%
  • No

18 72.00%
Page 82 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2083
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I was explicitly told (by trolls) that LeBron was going to the Rockets this offseason. I was also told it was guaranteed he would be in LA (probably by the same trolls).
    Yea it's funny to see predictions made but in a factual manner. We'll see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    They have other up and coming pieces lol, they aren't built around Parker and Ginobili, tho Manu is still pretty effective and awesome in his role.

There's no way he agrees without knowing what's up with Kawhi obviously. But if the assumption that Kawhi is there (recent reports indicate he will be), then that absolutely is an attractive/win now situation.

I think it's highly unlikely anyway tbh.
    I'm not saying San Antonio doesn't have quality role players. They absolutely do. But you don't pick one destination over another because of role players. And I just don't think San Antonio is the best spot if Lebron wants to win multiple titles. Manu, Parker and Pau aren't likely to be in the league much longer, and unless Kawhi signs an extension this offseason, then Lebron has no guarantee he'll be there beyond next season. You're a Spurs fan—convince me that San Antonio is the best destination for Lebron to win 2-3 championships...

Throw on top of that the fact that the Spurs have similar challenges to Houston in terms of how they could feasibly add him to the roster, the whole "San Antonio beat Lebron twice in the finals argument" and the fact that if winning was his sole motivation this summer, he'd probably rather join a close friend in CP3. The Spurs just don't logically add up when you consider every factor...

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm not saying San Antonio doesn't have quality role players. They absolutely do. But you don't pick one destination over another because of role players. And I just don't think San Antonio is the best spot if Lebron wants to win multiple titles. Manu, Parker and Pau aren't likely to be in the league much longer, and unless Kawhi signs an extension this offseason, then Lebron has no guarantee he'll be there beyond next season. You're a Spurs fan—convince me that San Antonio is the best destination for Lebron to win 2-3 championships...

Throw on top of that the fact that the Spurs have similar challenges to Houston in terms of how they could feasibly add him to the roster, the whole "San Antonio beat Lebron twice in the finals argument" and the fact that if winning was his sole motivation this summer, he'd probably rather join a close friend in CP3. The Spurs just don't logically add up when you consider every factor...
    I mean I said with the assumption Kawhi will be there. They were playing GS as well as anyone has last WCF, and like you guys got an unfortunate injury.

With Kawhi not playing much last season, other guys got some key minutes and development. So with the assumption Kawhi will be there, add LeBron/Pop and other role players (elite defenders like Green/Murray) and Aldridge, they absolutely would be contender

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I think it be a lot of work for Rockets to clear cap to get LeBron. Kings balked at 2 first round picks to eat Anderson out right last summer. Kings office been suspect as well. But they didn't budge on that move. Not sure if three late first from rockets get them to budge much either. What other team with a ton of cap will eat Anderson for 2 or 3 first round picks which will be late cause they probably land a star if they have the cap.

Also I wouldn't be shocked a team throws a fast offer first day at Capela and makes trades hard to pull off while matching Capela. So chances are even if you dump dead weight to get a star chances are Capela is gone. Also even if ya dump Anderson $20M per. LeBron probably wants $30M or $35M. Also who knows what CP3 will command to stay.

Lakers were the smart ones to only sign big one year deals and trading for a few expiring deals. Besides Cavs traded expiring IT there. But I think Lakers would have to part with 2 or 3 of their young guys to dump Deng. Also renounce Randle.

Wouldn't be shocked Mavs or Kings chase Randle right out of the gates first day free agency as well. But I think even if the Lakers ink two stars. Then the rest of the league will want a arm and a leg to eat Deng. Even by then most teams may have spent their cap. So a chance Lakers wont have a big 3 this summer. Maybe a big 2. Then try and unload Deng following year.
    But the Nets ate Mozgov with eben one more year on the contract than Deng for only D'Angelo Russell. They also gave the Lakers a former All-Star in Brook Lopez and a first-round pick which turned into kuzma. There is no way in hell two of the Lakers young guys need to be sent with Deng with only two years left on his deal. Probably Kuzma and a late first rounder at best
    Last edited by DODGERS&LAKERS; 06-12-2018 at 06:56 PM.

I mean I said with the assumption Kawhi will be there. They were playing GS as well as anyone has last WCF, and like you guys got an unfortunate injury.

With Kawhi not playing much last season, other guys got some key minutes and development. So with the assumption Kawhi will be there, add LeBron/Pop and other role players (elite defenders like Green/Murray) and Aldridge, they absolutely would be contender
    Yeah, I'm not saying they wouldn't be contenders. Hell, the Spurs with a healthy Kawhi would have been contenders last season as constructed. But I don't think they're the BEST team Lebron could join or that they give him the BEST chance to win titles, you know?

And how does Lebron know that Kawhi is a lock to stay barring him signing a contract extension in the next month? Kawhi can say "I'm not going anywhere," but in this league, Lebron would be foolish to trust him or pretty much anyone for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    2 or 3 of Kuzma,Ingram and Ball all probably gone to dump Deng. Randle probably renounced. Still trading Deng is a tall order. Lakers might be stuck with a big2 for a while. But will one star sign knowing that no second star maybe behind them? Also if LeBron sits and holds out in free agency.

Then wants to be wined and dined and be in the news a couple weeks. Some other scrub teams with lots of cap may try and start stealing guys on the fence like a Randle or a Capela. Then less max cap slots left to eat contracts like a Deng or Anderson,Ariza,Gordon or Gasol/Mills/Green/Gay. Then a big 3 be hard to pull off.

Seems Spurs,Rockets are in a pickle with some contracts to dump. Lakers set for a big 2 if free agents are willing to sign there. But Lakers to have a big 3 will take most if not all their youngsters. Lakers may have to settle for a big 2 and maybe get lucky and deal Deng midseason for a expiring contract. Then try again next year for a big 3.
    what?

The Lakers can max LBJ and PG13 and re-sign Randle without breaking a sweat

Stretch Deng , renounce zubac and Bryant

that's all it takes

They have other up and coming pieces lol, they aren't built around Parker and Ginobili, tho Manu is still pretty effective and awesome in his role.

There's no way he agrees without knowing what's up with Kawhi obviously. But if the assumption that Kawhi is there (recent reports indicate he will be), then that absolutely is an attractive/win now situation.

I think it's highly unlikely anyway tbh.
    You guys made the playoffs without Kawhi in a tough Western Conference. Won three less games than the Cavs and that's with Cavs having an amazing season from LeBron playing all 82 games. Whichever the case is, San Antonio is still a better team than the Cavs without Kawhi as it is.. So it's not a team I think should be ignored. I don't really know about the financials of the Spurs but if they could somehow make it work and also extend, Kawhi, I think it's a possibility. I just can't see LeBron's family wanting to relocate to San Antonio. And Gary Payton (not sure how credible he is) is telling everyone that LeBron's son just committed to a High School in Los Angeles.. Idk if GP is lying but he has never been one to.

https://sports.yahoo.com/gary-payton...150003125.html

Gary Payton saying LeBron's son has committed to Sierra Canyon High School in Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, I'm not saying they wouldn't be contenders. Hell, the Spurs with a healthy Kawhi would have been contenders last season as constructed. But I don't think they're the BEST team Lebron could join or that they give him the BEST chance to win titles, you know?

And how does Lebron know that Kawhi is a lock to stay barring him signing a contract extension in the next month? Kawhi can say "I'm not going anywhere," but in this league, Lebron would be foolish to trust him or pretty much anyone for that matter.
    Yea no doubt. I think the Kawhi stuff has to be resolved first. I don't think LeBron is in a rush to make a decision anyway, but Kawhi is the big ? I'm sure.

Lebron elevates just about anyone's chances at a title. So if teams are contenders (Houston, Boston, etc...) They jump up in terms of title chances with him. And if Kawhi is healthy, SA is probably in that group.

Im not holding my breath tho. I don't see him ending up in Texas anyway, so I'm just waiting for the Kawhi stuff to be resolved

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    You guys made the playoffs without Kawhi in a tough Western Conference. Won three less games than the Cavs and that's with Cavs having an amazing season from LeBron playing all 82 games. Whichever the case is, San Antonio is still a better team than the Cavs without Kawhi as it is.. So it's not a team I think should be ignored. I don't really know about the financials of the Spurs but if they could somehow make it work and also extend, Kawhi, I think it's a possibility. I just can't see LeBron's family wanting to relocate to San Antonio. And Gary Payton (not sure how credible he is) is telling everyone that LeBron's son just committed to a High School in Los Angeles.. Idk if GP is lying but he has never been one to.
    They'd have to move some pieces, guys might need to take less (Gay/Green) but like Mills, Pau would probably need to be dealt, probably a draft pick to sweeten a deal. Green is tight with LeBron so wouldn't surprise me if he was ok with it.

Im with you tho, don't see him wanting to go to SA either. He'll get Pop in the Olympics if he decides to play again, and get the Pop experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    what?

The Lakers can max LBJ and PG13 and re-sign Randle without breaking a sweat

Stretch Deng , renounce zubac and Bryant

that's all it takes
    I wouldn't trust paying PG13 the max.. I think he's capable of getting that from any team but he's just not a superstar player and I feel he is too inconsistent at times to where you're not sure which PG you're getting. Sometimes he plays like he's on that KD level and then others, he can't even get a single shot going. That's where I said removing Deng and getting another star talent should be priority for the Lakers FIRST because I doubt LeBron wants to play with a Deng who makes $18 million per season just to sit on the bench. IMO, trade Deng+Lonzo+Ingram for a star that LeBron would like to play with and then work your way to LeBron + have that max cap still available so you can discuss with Bron before making that move.

Lebrons going to LA or Cleveland.

He's not going to uproot his family to anew city they have never been to, like Boston, San Antonio or Philly.

This guy turned into the the biggest LeBron-hater to preparing to suck LeBron's noodle...
    LMFAO that was hilarious. It would be amazing to watch all the Kobe/Lakers fans be Lebron fans now. Kind of like with Durant going to the Warriors from hating to defending him real quick.
    Miami HEAT

I only post when it's playoffs time

https://sports.yahoo.com/gary-payton...150003125.html

Gary Payton saying LeBron's son has committed to Sierra Canyon High School in Los Angeles.
    Old news from yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by CHANGO View Post
    LMFAO that was hilarious. It would be amazing to watch all the Kobe/Lakers fans be Lebron fans now. Kind of like with Durant going to the Warriors from hating to defending him real quick.
    Idk about that. We won't be traditional lebron fans, but we will tolerate and support him. We really just want to see magic restore the Lakers allure and the chance to tell all you Laker haters to suck it.