Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 28.00%
  • No

18 72.00%
Page 22 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ODB13 View Post
    We live in a world where beating the Oladipo Pacers and a team of teenagers is the stuff of legend.

Welcome to LeBron's East.
    Oh yeah I forgot he didn’t beat the GS warriors in the finals or the spurs. And Boston from top to bottom was clearly the better team. Beyond Love LeBron is playing on a team filled with role players. But biased fans are gonna spin it how they want to spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    You mean the era when a 19 year old Magic won the ring without Kareem and played all 5 positions better than the “great old men” in the league. That era when 20 year olds couldn’t win but 19 year olds could? That era?
    You are talking about Magic, we know Magic out West had an easy ride. The east from 1983-1998 was tough as nails.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    You are talking about Magic, we know Magic out West had an easy ride. The east from 1983-1998 was tough as nails.
    Yeah, adding four teams during that era really kept it challenging

The East got to destroy expansion teams in a watered down league for a decade.

Plenty of great players, but a ton of really bad rosters.

You add the Heat, Raptors, Hornets, and Magic, all who sucked in at least their first four years, all showing up during Jordan's 6 chip run, giving easy wins to reasonably good teams. And then that talent gets dispersed in the first several years around the league as the expansion spreads out.

Imagine if the East expanded by another 4 teams right now. LeBron's numbers would be out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Yeah, adding four teams during that era really kept it challenging

The East got to destroy expansion teams in a watered down league for a decade.

Plenty of great players, but a ton of really bad rosters.

You add the Heat, Raptors, Hornets, and Magic, all who sucked in at least their first four years, all showing up during Jordan's 6 chip run, giving easy wins to reasonably good teams. And then that talent gets dispersed in the first several years around the league as the expansion spreads out.

Imagine if the East expanded by another 4 teams right now. LeBron's numbers would be out of this world.
    The league changed the rules for Lebron so he could dominate. It is why he couldn't get gold medal until his 3rd try. It's why he couldn't win with peak Duncan and then lost with prime Shaq getting to only the 2nd round.
    - Michael Jordan

I also like to troll and repeat as unreasonable of arguments as I can regurgitate

How would we go about proving this. I mean I think you're right but how would you qualify/quantify this

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    How would we go about proving this. I mean I think you're right but how would you qualify/quantify this
    You can't. You have to have watched the league and understood the game. It's clear who has and who hasn't if you pay close enough attention.

The league changed the rules for Lebron so he could dominate. It is why he couldn't get gold medal until his 3rd try. It's why he couldn't win with peak Duncan and then lost with prime Shaq getting to only the 2nd round.
    Why couldn't Jordan win until season 7? I guess context and who you have around you matters e.g. Pippen

They say Lebron beat Duncan who was the same age, so how is it different now?

There are people who are 14 years old who win gold medal in the olympics. Let's not give excuses, the guy had peak Tim Duncan and Iverson on the squad.
    Prime Shaq? Hahahahahahaha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

You can't. You have to have watched the league and understood the game. It's clear who has and who hasn't if you pay close enough attention.
    No, you just assume anyone who doesn't agree with you must not understand the game well or have this newness vision only. In reality, your rose collared glasses aren't always based on objectivity, but revisionist history.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    There's no way JB actually believes the stuff he says.
    A troll to the Nth degree he is... They can both be great. LBJ is unequivocally a better physical specimen. Methinks if you translate current LBJ to the Bulls team with their exact same lineup of heavy lifting by Pippen, Rodman et al you would have the same result with LBJ as you did with Jordan. Unfortunately in any team sport not very intellectual people forget that team composition is an exercise in multivariate analysis so you cant go with just which guy won more rings. After all Robert Horry is then better than almost any NBA player ever to play. I go with the eyeball test that LBJ can do more things at the highest level than MJ due to his 1 in 6 billion physical attributes.

He faced no players this postseason who would crack the top 100 ever. Maybe top 200. That never happened to Jordan in the east. He actually played in a competitive league, not this watered down joke where a 20 year old leads a team (with its two best players missing) to minutes away from the finals.
    Your correct LeBron sucks and Jordan won every year he ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Why couldn't Jordan win until season 7? I guess context and who you have around you matters e.g. Pippen
    Jordan was 14-0 with HCA against 50+ win teams, Lebron is 5-3 with HCA against 50+ win teams.
    - Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Who tf cares about olympic basketball/medals anyways?
    America does, the entire nation. More people watch the olympics more than NBA basketball.
    - Michael Jordan

Who tf cares about olympic basketball/medals anyways?