Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 28.00%
  • No

18 72.00%
Page 87 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2083
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I don't think winning is priority #1 with LeBron's decision this time around. If it was he wouldn't be considering LA. I think he's ready to enjoy the twilight of his career with a little less pressure. Of course he wants to win, but I think the family stuff matters more at this point and let's face it - there is nowhere he can go this year to compete with GS. Don't think it's a good look if he continues to get smacked by them with a team a notch below.
    If Houston could pull off CP3/Harden/Ariza/Lebron/Capela and PJ Tucker + vets off the bench you don't think that team has a chance? Or don't you think Houston can pull it off with Gilbert type thing? I think him choosing the right team is the only way we can get that competition but I do think it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Did the Cavs just beat the Celtics? Yes.
    Is it reasonable to feel the Cavs were not good outside of LeBron? Yes.

Therefore itís reasonable to assume that LeBron with better teammates could still win a series against the Celtics even with Irving and Hayward.

I think suggesting he couldnít and would be better off being beat by the Warriors is very homerish.
    No one said he couldnít.

Letís go back to your original quote: ďIn Philly, he has to get through Boston, who he just beat with a bad team around him.Ē

He beat a Boston team without their two best players. You left it out and added in ďbad team around himĒ to make yourself feel better about LeBron potentially going to Philly.

That makes zero sense still.

How can I say something before, but be wrong after. Your using one situation to change another because my mismatch statement was on adding LeBron to the current Sixers and in place of Covington or Saric for that lineup.

So how can a lineup that hasnít existed been exposed?
    Because youíre once again saying Simmons creates some sort of mismatch when that clearly isnít the case. He canít shoot so itís easy for Bostonís defense to guard him.

Let me break it down for you:
    Gaining Irving and Hayward will always be a plus.

Part of what makes Boston so great is depth and versatility. Even if thatís the 8th guy it will have an impact.

The upside of Irving and Gordon is far higher than the downside of Smart. Doesnít mean there wonít be an impact felt though.
    You realize Irving and Hayward take away a large amount of minutes from that ďdepthĒ right? IF Smart leaves, heíll be upgraded by what the Celtics get back. How does upgrading minutes with better players create a (negative) impact? That literally makes no sense at all.

Thereís a different between canít and wonít. He can shoot with range, and thereís plenty of evidence to support that. Problem is he wonít, and the times he does are the jab at the foul line and shoot. Or the strange dribble to the left and fade away running away from the hoop. He hits them at a decent clip, but doesnít do them enough and from different spots on the floor.
    No, Simmons canít shoot with range. How can you possibly say that?

Disagree. But if thatís your measure of easy then good for you.
    Yeah, winning a series 4-1 is pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    If Houston could pull off CP3/Harden/Ariza/Lebron/Capela and PJ Tucker + vets off the bench you don't think that team has a chance? Or don't you think Houston can pull it off with Gilbert type thing? I think him choosing the right team is the only way we can get that competition but I do think it's possible.
    That team would absolutely compete. Not sure how possible it is with the cap though. It would be interesting to watch play out.

How is it possible to put that team together?

ZH721, Iím over the conversation. Donít accuse someone of being a homer then dismiss things that clearly arenít homer talk because it doesnít fit your narrative. I think thereís quite a bit that can be discussed there but continually pushing something worked in a series isnít really discussing how a fit of guys that never played together.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Philly won 16 games in a row to end the year which made people think they were some great team. They won THREE games against playoff teams in that span. THREE. An 8th seed, a 7th seed, and the other win was by 2 points. That huge ďgrowthĒ was a mirage. Theyíre not nearly as far along as people think.

I donít think LeBron will waste the last few years of his prime in Philly trying to grow with them. He wants to win.
    You're talking about a team that had a whole lot of new pieces coming together at the start of the season. The bench also was not a strength on the roster. We knew early in the season that they would struggle at times and growing pains would be evident. The goal was to make the playoffs and we exceeded those expectations. It's not a mirage at all, there was undoubtedly significant growth throughout the season.

They beat teams they were supposed to beat and did it without Joel Embiid for a majority of the win streak.

We drafted Fultz to be the secondary shooter/scorer that could provide that extra punch behind Simmons and Embiid when a bucket was needed. I'm sure you've written him off as many on this forum have, but I have little doubt that he doesn't have the ability or drive to change those short sighted views. That's something critical that was needed during the playoffs. Fultz was brought back at the end of the season to get his feet wet, but at the same time I understand why Brown went with his comfortable rotation during the Celtics series. Losing to the Celtics has been a blessing for this team..and it'll show next season.

That's not to say that winning doesn't help the Celtics with growth either. These two teams will continue to battle it out for the foreseeable future.

Sixers are a mirage but the Cs (in the playoffs) werent?
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

ZH721, Iím over the conversation. Donít accuse someone of being a homer then dismiss things that clearly arenít homer talk because it doesnít fit your narrative. I think thereís quite a bit that can be discussed there but continually pushing something worked in a series isnít really discussing how a fit of guys that never played together.
    Shocker. Dip out while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    You're talking about a team that had a whole lot of new pieces coming together at the start of the season. The bench also was not a strength on the roster. We knew early in the season that they would struggle at times and growing pains would be evident. The goal was to make the playoffs and we exceeded those expectations. It's not a mirage at all, there was undoubtedly significant growth throughout the season.

They beat teams they were supposed to beat and did it without Joel Embiid for a majority of the win streak.

We drafted Fultz to be the secondary shooter/scorer that could provide that extra punch behind Simmons and Embiid when a bucket was needed. I'm sure you've written him off as many on this forum have, but I have little doubt that he doesn't have the ability or drive to change those short sighted views. That's something critical that was needed during the playoffs. Fultz was brought back at the end of the season to get his feet wet, but at the same time I understand why Brown went with his comfortable rotation during the Celtics series. Losing to the Celtics has been a blessing for this team..and it'll show next season.

That's not to say that winning doesn't help the Celtics with growth either. These two teams will continue to battle it out for the foreseeable future.
    I love Embiid. I really canít say anything bad about his skills. Iím not as worried about his past injuries as other people. The only fault he had against Boston was his shot selection, which heíll learn from. Simmons on the other hand was almost a liability due to his lack of a shot. When TJ came in the Sixers played different (better) for large stretches.

Iím not saying theyíre not good or not going to get better. Iím saying that win streak really gave everyone (fans and non-fans) a false view of who they were in 2017/18. That sixteen game stretch, while impressive, could not have been any easier. Everyone thought they would walk over Boston, the first real team they faced.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    Sixers are a mirage but the Cs (in the playoffs) werent?
    The Celtics beat that 16 win streak Sixers team in 5, and took LeBron to 7. How is that a mirage?

Once again, the Sixers won 3 out of 16 of those games against playoff teams. An 8 seed, a 7 seed, and a 2 point win. They played good, solid basketball to end the year. The lack of strength in the teams they faced gave a false view of who they were. Next year theyíll be better and more talented than the 16 game mirage showed.

Maybe if we get another cap jump

I think it's best for him to play in the west.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Homer

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I don't think winning is priority #1 with LeBron's decision this time around. If it was he wouldn't be considering LA. I think he's ready to enjoy the twilight of his career with a little less pressure. Of course he wants to win, but I think the family stuff matters more at this point and let's face it - there is nowhere he can go this year to compete with GS. Don't think it's a good look if he continues to get smacked by them with a team a notch below.
    Without pg it wouldn't be prioritizing winning, certainly not too different from Cleveland and reupping there. I will only agree kd has made it impossible to survey free agency and build a contender unless you do what he did and join the dubs. They asked kd about him joining, pretty much didn't want to talk about it at all. You can EASILY tell when that beta gets uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ln9klWEiPA&feature=youtu.be

Kuz roasting Zo on bleacher report. media really trying to make a story here when there really isnt one, im sure some lakers management isnt happy, but this isnt a real story or a threat of distention unless theres something between the two I am not aware of, these guys are BFFs

PROCESSING

Yeah lots of division on that subject among the talking heads. I approve tho of diss tracks tho