Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Shump opts in

Shump opts in

Iman Shumpert has officially opted into the final year of his contract, according to Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports. The news doesn’t come as much of a surprise, as this decision was largely a formality at this point.
    https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2018/...ncy-salary-cap

11M player option.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

My surpised face lol

Temple probably next in line to pick up his $8M player option.

How much capspace you got if Temple opted in and signing #2 lottery pick yet? I heard conflicting reports. A poster at another site mentioned you still have $17M yet with #2 signed and Shumpert opted in and when Temple opts in if he does. I didn't think ya would have $17 M yet. That's like a starting offer to a Nurkic or Parker or Randle.

Shump’s playing for a contract next year.
    We ‘might’ see a Shump who actually plays hard and is agggressive in the defensive end.
    One can hope!

Not at all surprising. I remember people thinking he'd opt out when we got him, but there was no way he would get $11M from anyone next season.

Hopefully he plays hard and plays well for us. Never been a big fan of his, but he's going to be working to earn his next deal. Could get a good year from him.

I hope we don't kill ourselves with a bad contract now that next year we will pretty much have a fresh start, and they say next year the free angent class will be good, 2 maybe 3 max players... let's go!