Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    They do a good job on the defensive boards and slow down the pace.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    yeah you can say that all you want, but its a lot harder to actually do.

a small ball lineup would be just as hard for the lakers to guard as shaq would be for the warriors.

also, lol at the guy saying kobe and shaq never went begging for more stars.

guess i just imagined gary payton and karl malone joining them then.

and people want to say their 3 peat is more impressive, but it really isn't. looking at 4 years for the lakers has them losing in the 2nd round. kinda a bigger black mark than losing a 7 game series against one of the best players ever.

then the following year they got absolutely embarrassed by the pistons. a team of nobodies at the time.

if GS wins next year their 5 year stretch absolutely ***** on the lakers.
    Last edited by basch152; 06-09-2018 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

It's better.

This Warriors team is significantly better than the Lakers and Bulls dynasties. I'm talking they would beat them every time, and it would probably be ugly when they did so.

At least the Lakers would have a very favorable matchup at center. But it wouldn't be enough. Kobe and Jordan would have their hands full being guarded by Thompson and Iguadala on one side of the ball, and then having to chase around Curry, Thompson, or Durant on the other side. I am a HUGE Kobe fan, but I saw Phil hide him on defense behind Fox the same way he hid Jordan behind Pippen to preserve their energy to carry the scoring load. Can't get away with that against this team. They are too balanced offensively.

People forget that this team was one of the greatest teams of all time BEFORE they swapped out Barnes for one of the greatest players of all time, IN HIS PRIME.

That the Rockets looked so good againt them isn't a knock against them, it's a testament to how much better the league is today than it was in the 90s. Imagine the 98 Jazz taking on this team. They'd be obliterated! Imagine the 04 Pistons taking on this team. They'd be utterly embarrassed.

We get so caught up in dominance that we forget that the entire level of play has increased. As much as I love the old school style of big man I realize that Ewing would've had his hands full with Porzingis.

Quote Originally Posted by KingstonHawke View Post
    This Warriors team is significantly better than the Lakers and Bulls dynasties. I'm talking they would beat them every time, and it would probably be ugly when they did so.

At least the Lakers would have a very favorable matchup at center. But it wouldn't be enough. Kobe and Jordan would have their hands full being guarded by Thompson and Iguadala on one side of the ball, and then having to chase around Curry, Thompson, or Durant on the other side. I am a HUGE Kobe fan, but I saw Phil hide him on defense behind Fox the same way he hid Jordan behind Pippen to preserve their energy to carry the scoring load. Can't get away with that against this team. They are too balanced offensively.

People forget that this team was one of the greatest teams of all time BEFORE they swapped out Barnes for one of the greatest players of all time, IN HIS PRIME.

That the Rockets looked so good againt them isn't a knock against them, it's a testament to how much better the league is today than it was in the 90s. Imagine the 98 Jazz taking on this team. They'd be obliterated! Imagine the 04 Pistons taking on this team. They'd be utterly embarrassed.

We get so caught up in dominance that we forget that the entire level of play has increased. As much as I love the old school style of big man I realize that Ewing would've had his hands full with Porzingis.
    Don't say those types of things on here, you'll be criticized as a new fan who doesn't know what he's talking about and didn't watch the game then lol.

I'm kidding, that stuff obviously happened. But when I said, I was ridiculed lol
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 06-10-2018 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MygirlhatesCod View Post
    its weird how everyone forgets that Lakers sac series that the refs gifted.
    That series was the biggest bunch of BS ever. I watched a YouTube video of it again recently. Absolutely ridiculous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Warriors are a hell of a team, but they don’t match the Lakers, Kobe and Shaq we’re unstoppable. Different times, back then it was more physical, in today’s game both Kobe and Shaq would be in the free throw line all game. Anyhow; Win 3 in a row and then we talk.

I'll take the Lakers. 2 all-time greats are better than one.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I'll take the Lakers. 2 all-time greats are better than none.

fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    fixed
    Durant is an all-time great fool

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I think they match up and change the tempo. That's how good Shaq was. No to mention Phil and his triangle offense and wisdom is great. Better coach too. Here's a video where Shaq and Kobe talk about today's game and past laker teams. 16min mark.

https://youtu.be/FfF_yUtoPYY

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Durant is an all-time great fool

Meh. It depends how high you rank KD and Curry. Both guys will end up close to each other when all is said and done. Curry's game ages better IMO. I don't think either are at legendary status which to me is my definition of all time great. But if your going to put KD as an all time great, you have to squeeze in Curry. Both guys impact the game in their own ways. Durant needs to prove that he can be the main guy on his own team championship team (and not hop on the train), Curry already has, so I lean toward Curry being the guy I rather build around.
    Last edited by Heediot; 06-10-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Meh. It depends how high you rank KD and Curry. Both guys will end up close to each other when all is said and done. Curry's game ages better IMO. I don't think either are at legendary status which to me is my definition of all time great. But if your going to put KD as an all time great, you have to squeeze in Curry. Both guys impact the game in their own ways. Durant needs to prove that he can be the main guy on his own team championship team (and not hop on the train), Curry already has, so I lean toward Curry being the guy I rather build around.
    I think besides rubbing people the wrong way with his decision Kevin Durant is a slam dunk top 20 player all-time when he is done, barring injury. that is what I am basing it on.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Raiders View Post
    Warriors are a hell of a team, but they don’t match the Lakers, Kobe and Shaq we’re unstoppable. Different times, back then it was more physical, in today’s game both Kobe and Shaq would be in the free throw line all game. Anyhow; Win 3 in a row and then we talk.
    This right here. No one on the Warriors is on Shaqs level and Curry’s and Durant haven’t surpassed Kobe yet either.

They need 2 more championships and 1 more minimum to be in the conversation of 90s Bulls 2000s Lakers etc

I can’t name 20 guys better than Steph or Durant

Y'all make up such stupid rules to try and denounce these guys. Larry Bird is a legend. Curry already has as many rings, and one less MVP, and he isn't out of his prime. Durant already has as many finals MVPs, one less ring, two less MVPs, and 4 more scoring titles.

And you can't use the loaded team defense because Bird was on his own superteam in a league with a lot less quality. Durant and Curry are easily top 5 players all time at their positions. Two more years of doing what they've been doing and that's only going to increase.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast