Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Irving be Traded by Next Year’s NBA Trade Deadline?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 28.57%
  • No

4 28.57%
  • He Will Re-sign With Boston

6 42.86%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Celtics ‘Scared’ Kyrie Irving Could Leave in 2019

Nvm misread that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Kyrie to da bucks. WTF he wants to play in NY is lolable.

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Kyrie to da bucks. WTF he wants to play in NY is lolable.
    He's a NJ kid. He grew up a HUGE Nets fan and a secondary Celtics fan (his dad played at BU and is a C's fan) and would be thrilled to come home where his family is, so Knicks or Nets he'd be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    He's a NJ kid. He grew up a HUGE Nets fan and a secondary Celtics fan (his dad played at BU and is a C's fan) and would be thrilled to come home where his family is, so Knicks or Nets he'd be thrilled.
    I personally think the Nets are a better fit for him if he wants to win in NY.

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

yeah, but the Knicks are the A squad in NYC in terms of coverage. Nets are the afterthought (even when they got KG and PP from Boston, the Knicks got more play). I doubt Kyrie would care which team to be honest, one he'd get more spotlight, the other he'd play for his favorite team growing up.

I think Kyrie's people are just floating this stuff out there because they are worried that the C's are going to get Lebron and he'll be subjected to that obnoxious "little brother" BS that Lebron does to everyone.

yeah, but the Knicks are the A squad in NYC in terms of coverage. Nets are the afterthought. I doubt Kyrie would care which team to be honest, one he'd get more spotlight, the other he'd play for his favorite team growing up.

I think Kyrie's people are just floating this stuff out there because they are worried that the C's are going to get Lebron and he'll be subjected to that obnoxious "little brother" BS that Lebron does to everyone.
    It's nice to play at home and what not. But don;t you think he wants to win titles. not just stick it to Lebron but to the rest of the league. Whether that's boston, or wherever. Do a victory lap in your home city when you're old and washed up after winning some titles!

It's nice to play at home and what not. But don;t you think he wants to win titles. not just stick it to Lebron but to the rest of the league. Whether that's boston, or wherever. Do a victory lap in your home city when you're old and washed up after winning some titles!
    well if he wants to win titles, he'd stay put where he is and take less than the max. There's no better opportunity to win a title outside of joining the GS ridiculousness than to stay in Boston where they have lots of talented youth plus plenty of ammo to pull off another huge trade. And if Boston got Lebron, then if Kyrie wants to win another title, he'd learn how to put up with Lebron's annoying personality.

well if he wants to win titles, he'd stay put where he is and take less than the max. There's no better opportunity to win a title outside of joining the GS ridiculousness than to stay in Boston where they have lots of talented youth plus plenty of ammo to pull off another huge trade. And if Boston got Lebron, then if Kyrie wants to win another title, he'd learn how to put up with Lebron's annoying personality.
    But Lebron's annoying personality is allienating and hard to deal with. He doesn't get along with a lot of coaches or players. And don't tell me it's those around him.

absolutely, just like with Jordan and Kobe, a lot of the best players are total asshats behind the scenes, and you have to deal with it because they are the best in world at it. Irving's issue with him seems to be that he knows that he's an elite player and didn't like Lebron talking to him like a sidekick. He probably expects to be treated like Lebron was with Wade. We shall see, IF Lebron ends up going to Boston.

absolutely, just like with Jordan and Kobe, a lot of the best players are total asshats behind the scenes, and you have to deal with it because they are the best in world at it. Irving's issue with him seems to be that he knows that he's an elite player and didn't like Lebron talking to him like a sidekick. He probably expects to be treated like Lebron was with Wade. We shall see, IF Lebron ends up going to Boston.
    I hate Kobe more than most (because he's a rap..nvm) but I feel like it would be easier to play with Kobe than Bron. Bron is passive aggresive and sends a ton of mixed signals without saying what's on his mind. With kobe, you just look at him and you can tell you ****ed up. Bron is different. Bron be like " nah man. It's cool. Go get em" and after the game he's like: " Can't spell "win" without "I", as in "I, Lebron". "

I hate Kobe more than most (because he's a rap..nvm) but I feel like it would be easier to play with Kobe than Bron. Bron is passive aggresive and sends a ton of mixed signals without saying what's on his mind. With kobe, you just look at him and you can tell you ****ed up. Bron is different. Bron be like " nah man. It's cool. Go get em" and after the game he's like: " Can't spell "win" without "I", as in "I, Lebron". "
    Oh yeah. Kobe and Jordan were very straight up *******s that would tell it to your face. Lebron wants to pretend he's a nice guy and puts up this fake persona until he loses his top at calls that don't go his way, or JR Smith dribbles out the clock LOL.

Oh yeah. Kobe and Jordan were very straight up *******s that would tell it to your face. Lebron wants to pretend he's a nice guy and puts up this fake persona until he loses his top at calls that don't go his way, or JR Smith dribbles out the clock LOL.
    Right. 99.9 % of other players would rather play with a straight shooter. If you suck or ****ed up, they'd rather get told that.

Playing with Lebron is like being in a friendzone that you can't get out of when she's the hottest girl you've ever seen. You tell her to be straight up with you and then she tells you that she needs time to think about it; over and over.

Right. 99.9 % of other players would rather play with a straight shooter. If you suck or ****ed up, they'd rather get told that.

Playing with Lebron is like being in a friendzone that you can't get out of when she's the hottest girl you've ever seen. You tell her to be straight up with you and then she tells you that she needs time to think about it; over and over.

But being with her, even though you are the ugliest guy in the class, gets you homecoming king. Make the best of it...you don’t deserve her

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    If Boston learned anything this post-season, it's that they are good enough to win without Kyrie. And Hayward. That said... they would be better with both, but they would also be better with just Hayward, and if tey could move Kyrie for assets.... and another star... well... why not?
    As in any case, any player can be had for the right price. And Danny would listen to offers (he's NOT going to shop Kyrie). If someone offers him a top 5 player or 2 top 20ish players on nice contracts...Sure he'd make that deal. But the likelihood of a team offering what Danny wants with Kyrie coming off injury, is highly improbable.

Kyrie isn't going to be traded. It's in both teams best interest to have an honest conversation that a solid season from Kyrie will be mutually beneficial. Boston will offer Kyrie and MAX and Kyrie will stay and take it. This gets derailed if Kyrie is hurt his year...Then Kyrie is losing money and the Celtics will be the ones on shaky ground whether or not to re-sign him.

Ainge has taken the 'build assests' approach, and it has helped.... a lot. It's worked in his favour every time, and I don't see him changing that up now.
    He had this approach to acquire stars and high end picks. Now that he has both ... He's not going to turn around and deal them for multiple assets. His approach will absolutely change. In order to acquire stars you need multiple assets and multiple forms and cap flexibility. We now have limited cap flexibility and multiple stars. His approach will revert back to the 2008-2012 years not the 2013-2017 years.

As the GM, I'd be curious to see what this team could do when healthy: Kyrie/Terry, Hayward, Tatum, Brown/Morris, Horford.... but... it looks like Tatum is something special. Is having Kyrie and Hayward going to impede his growth?
    Danny will see what this team can do. He'll make minor changes but he's yet to see a complete game with Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford. They will all be here next year. I think ideally Rozier (Kyrie insurance) and Smart (leader by example/locker room guy) will be back. Morris is likely dealt to clear more money for Smart - his minutes are washed up with Hayward and Kyrie returning anyways.

City of Champions

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast