Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Irving be Traded by Next Year’s NBA Trade Deadline?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 28.57%
  • No

4 28.57%
  • He Will Re-sign With Boston

6 42.86%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If he leaves he will guarantee go to a worse situation. But in Boston he may see himself coming off the bench in a couple of years. They're probably gonna be better without him in a few years.

We have enough assets and young talent to survive this. Not to mention this overrated tag he carries around, for fair or unfair reasons. He's hurt alot also.

Losing Tatum would be a far bigger blow.

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Why would Kyrie want to leave an elite young core to go to those teams? He absolutely loves winning and the Boston culture. That was very easy to see this year. He really enjoyed himself, unlike in Cleveland.

This is just something to create talk as the off-season nears. The Celtics are more likely to move on from Kyrie due to salary reasons, position flexibility, or trade value. Him leaving makes little to no sense, in pretty much every way you look at it.
    No one loves the "Boston culture" whatever that even means.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Lmao, that would be hilarious. LeBron's master plan, LOL..
    What Kyrie gets for taking shots at Lebron
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Why would Kyrie want to leave an elite young core to go to those teams?
    Because he never wanted to be there in the first place. We don't no how he feels, and this story could be just fake news.

But we shouldn't be trying to presume whats best for Kyrie.

This is just something to create talk as the off-season nears.
    Maybe

Him leaving makes little to no sense, in pretty much every way you look at it.
    They was never on his list. So I don't know how you can say this.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

BREAKING NEWS: Celtics still suck

You never know what can happen but this seems more speculative than rooted in any actual knowledge of the situation.

If the Celtics really are “scared” by anything in particul then I’d look for them to be proactive:

They can get into the FA game via S&T that sends Kyrie somewhere and a FA back to Boston either from that team (Cousins - NO) or from another team who’s FA is gonna leave for another team of not Boston (George - OKC, Lebron - CLE, Jordan - LAC).

I’m sure they could get good draft pick(s) that they could package with their treasure chest of picks they already have to try and move up for Bamba or Carter who fit their young core as the missing big man.

There are two trades I actually would make if I’m Boston... the first would be a S&T for Lebron. Either Kyrie back to CLE or him to NY and then sending picks to CLE for facilitating the S&T. The other would be a deal with Dallas that gets us Bamba and DSJ Jr. I think Boston would have to throw in some more but I think Kyrie for that would at least start a dialogue.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Because he never wanted to be there in the first place. We don't no how he feels, and this story could be just fake news.

But we shouldn't be trying to presume whats best for Kyrie.

Maybe

They was never on his list. So I don't know how you can say this.
    So close every speculation thread? PSD would be a ghost town.

Also in regards to his original list. The talk at the time of the trade is that he was thrilled to be in Boston but just never saw it being realistic. He has ties to the area with his dad going to school here. He actually recruited Hayward to CLE as an RFA before Lebron came back. And he obviously had a shot to win and play in a great system. Not saying he doesn’t or didn’t have eyes elsewhere but I don’t think he’s unhappy or unwilling to stay in Boston. Don’t get that vibe at all.

Seems like a stab in the dark here.

I never got the sense Kyrie didn't like it in Boston watching him this year. Ultimately, this is really his team.

I find the timing of this story peculiar too coming at the heels of the LeBron taking a meeting with Boston story. Story might have just be a subtle leak to Cs brass by Kyrie's side as a "Hey, I left Cleveland to get away from Lebron." Hint hint.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Seems like a stab in the dark here.

I never got the sense Kyrie didn't like it in Boston watching him this year. Ultimately, this is really his team.

I find the timing of this story peculiar too coming at the heels of the LeBron taking a meeting with Boston story. Story might have just be a subtle leak to Cs brass by Kyrie's side as a "Hey, I left Cleveland to get away from Lebron." Hint hint.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    I get that. But I also think players want to be wanted and seeing a whole bunch of “trade Kyrie for Kawhi” stories is playing into it as well. Part of him has got to be going “if these media guys want this I’m not sure if I want to be here.”

PROCESSING

he's just leveraging for a no trade clause.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I get that. But I also think players want to be wanted and seeing a whole bunch of “trade Kyrie for Kawhi” stories is playing into it as well. Part of him has got to be going “if these media guys want this I’m not sure if I want to be here.”
    I mean, that’s life in the NBA. There’s rumors everywhere. Is Lebron leaving CLE? Can GS afford their core? Will HOU break it up for another star? Etc, etc.

I can see the talk weighing on Kyrie though so I do see the point. It’s going to happen wherever he goes next too though. And I’d say the local media has been totally dismissive of move Kyrie talks which helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    he's just leveraging for a no trade clause.
    Danny Ainge would cut own dick off before giving a player a NTC lol

Doesn't sound like a substantial report.

However, this is why some of us said that you gotta wait until you can properly evaluate the CLE/BOS trade. Kyrie would've missed the playoffs even if he was still with Cleveland, and if LeBron is gone our chances at being a contender would leave with him.
    The Baker is coming.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast