Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Irving be Traded by Next Year’s NBA Trade Deadline?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 28.57%
  • No

4 28.57%
  • He Will Re-sign With Boston

6 42.86%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I don't believe Boston will win a title next season. Also Kyrie had 4 teams on his list, why is everyone focused on Ny?

Teams: knicks, HEAT, Spurs & Wolves.

?

You are not factoring in, what if he doesn't want to be there long term? He might not dislike the organization, but that doesn't mean he would want to be there years on end.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

I wrote when Irving got traded to Boston, no one better not throw hate his way if he doesn't re-sign, because they were never on his list. If he ends up staying then thats fine, it's his life but if he leaves, NO one better have a negative comment against him just because he doesn't want to stay on a team he was traded too.

Hi

It just takes one off season, and Pat can turn Miami to an over night contender. Players know that Pat will get it done, he just needs couple of stars to hop on.
    There’s just nothing that points to him leaving. Not really sure what else there is to be said.

COULD he leave? Sure, that’s the possibility being a free agent gives you. But, there’s just nothing that makes that seem likely.

More money here, better chance to win, stable coach and front office, young team, winning city, and he enjoys the guys around him.

Doesn't make sense to sign an early extension now. If Kyrie waits till he's a FA he can sign a max making about 80m more.

plus, if Kyrie waits he can ask for a No Trade Clause. he should definitely get one since Ainge is Ruthless AF.

no loyalty in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Doesn't make sense to sign an early extension now. If Kyrie waits till he's a FA he can sign a max making about 80m more.

plus, if Kyrie waits he can ask for a No Trade Clause. he should definitely get one since Ainge is Ruthless AF.

no loyalty in sports.
    I think Ainge would rather cut off his nuts than give some one a no trade clause.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    I think Ainge would rather cut off his nuts than give some one a no trade clause.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    If kyrie demands it, I’m sure Ainge would have to do it. Can’t lose kyrie over this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    There’s just nothing that points to him leaving. Not really sure what else there is to be said.

COULD he leave? Sure, that’s the possibility being a free agent gives you. But, there’s just nothing that makes that seem likely.

More money here, better chance to win, stable coach and front office, young team, winning city, and he enjoys the guys around him.
    Talking heads lol...https://youtu.be/RLqVhI34r4w

We know they make stuff up though for ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Talking heads lol...https://youtu.be/RLqVhI34r4w

We know they make stuff up though for ratings.
    All I take from that is Rob Parker is as dumb as a doorknob.

PROCESSING

Why not commit to staying with the Celtics? It obviously makes sense for him to not sign an extension from a financial standpoint. He loses out on $80+ mil if he signed an extension instead of hitting free agency. Not saying “I want to be with the Celtics even though I won’t sign a contract extension now” is the concern. There’s no reason he can’t say that. What game is he trying to play? That’s why there’s concern and the National guys like Broussard are now echoing that concern.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    Why not commit to staying with the Celtics? It obviously makes sense for him to not sign an extension from a financial standpoint. He loses out on $80+ mil if he signed an extension instead of hitting free agency. Not saying “I want to be with the Celtics even though I won’t sign a contract extension now” is the concern. There’s no reason he can’t say that. What game is he trying to play? That’s why there’s concern and the National guys like Broussard are now echoing that concern.
    When do pending free-agents ever say that? Usually they’ll jump around the question.

He’s not trying to play a game, he just doesn’t have a reason to say he’s signing back when he still has a full year left. He also doesn’t want to come across as being open to a team-discount.

DA won't give him a NT, but probably a 5-10% bump if dealt unless KI cancels it because he wants the deal. KI when healthy is very special but Max + 10% is basically a no go for any team.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Kyrie Holds all the cards. Celtics will have to wait till he's a FA to resign him. Im sure this scares the hell out of the Celtics.

People don't realize that these media folks who have zero connections to athletes don't really have any "news" and are just TV personalities. Skip Bayless, love or hate the dude, is employed to draw viewers and nothing else. You can tell most of them don't even believe half the stuff they say but because they need to draw headlines for the day, they'll do and say anything. Some of them have pull (like Stephen A.) but it's very rare that most do.

When do pending free-agents ever say that? Usually they’ll jump around the question.

He’s not trying to play a game, he just doesn’t have a reason to say he’s signing back when he still has a full year left. He also doesn’t want to come across as being open to a team-discount.
    Kevin Durant is a free agent and committed to the Warriors. LeBron is a free agent and hasn’t said anything because he’s likely to leave Cleveland.

Plenty of players commit unless they’re serious about leaving.

Kevin Durant is a free agent and committed to the Warriors. LeBron is a free agent and hasn’t said anything because he’s likely to leave Cleveland.

This is a prime example of Kyrie learning his lesson. He resigned with Cleveland years ago as the "man" of Cleveland and then LeBron comes in and takes over. Kyrie doesn't want that to happen so he's waiting to see what the rest do.

No, they really don’t. KD coming off back-to-back championships on a super team is a bad example.

He learned from LeBron. What they don't know can't hurt you and it keeps them anxious and guessing what they can do to please you.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast