Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Irving be Traded by Next Year’s NBA Trade Deadline?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 28.57%
  • No

4 28.57%
  • He Will Re-sign With Boston

6 42.86%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Kyrie comes back healthy... Knee cap is fine... He signs the MAX with Boston...

I have no problem Kyrie being 31 to end his MAX DEAL IN Boston...

He's gonna be a 25+ppg player each season who will be an MVP candidate on a 60 win team...

That's why every team with space will line up for him... Too bad Boston has his Larry Bird rights...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    The celtcis need to win it this year and kyrie needs to be the center point or he is going to new york.
    I don't believe Boston will win a title next season. Also Kyrie had 4 teams on his list, why is everyone focused on Ny?

Teams: knicks, HEAT, Spurs & Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Nope. Leaving money on the table to go to a terrible team makes no sense. The only way he’s leaving is if the Celtics don’t max him.

They don’t need to win it all. Everyone knows the Warriors are still the best team. As long as they show improvement as a team and the potential to win it all in the year or two after, they’re fine.
    ?

You are not factoring in, what if he doesn't want to be there long term? He might not dislike the organization, but that doesn't mean he would want to be there years on end.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

I wrote when Irving got traded to Boston, no one better not throw hate his way if he doesn't re-sign, because they were never on his list. If he ends up staying then thats fine, it's his life but if he leaves, NO one better have a negative comment against him just because he doesn't want to stay on a team he was traded too.

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    How is it that every top end guy seems to have the miami heat on their list of preferred teams? LOL. C'mon....nothing great is going on in miami that would draw Kyrie there. stop with that nonsense.
    Hi

It just takes one off season, and Pat can turn Miami to an over night contender. Players know that Pat will get it done, he just needs couple of stars to hop on.
    Last edited by Dade County; 06-13-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Why on earth would the C's blow up their team that was a game away from the Finals? I don't think the C's have any interest in taking massive steps backwards.

People who say Irving or Hayward aren't really needed because the C's ended up overachiving really didn't watch the team closely. Cs had issues with consistent scoring through out the year and especially in the 4th quarters (just look at the playoffs for example). They desperately could have used Kyrie and Hayward. I think people really have short term memories and forget how good and impactful those 2 guys are.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    how impactful was Hayward?
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

[QUOTE=Dade County;32393837]I don't believe Boston will win a title next season. Also Kyrie had 4 teams on his list, why is everyone focused on Ny?

Teams: knicks, HEAT, Spurs & Wolves.

?

You are not factoring in, what if he doesn't want to be there long term? He might not dislike the organization, but that doesn't mean he would want to be there years on end.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

I wrote when Irving got traded to Boston, no one better not throw hate his way if he doesn't re-sign, because they were never on his list. If he ends up staying then thats fine, it's his life but if he leaves, NO one better have a negative comment against him just because he doesn't want to stay on a team he was traded too.

Hi

It just takes one off season, and Pat can turn Miami to an over night contender. Players know that Pat will get it done, he just needs couple of stars to hop on.[/QUOTE]

lol thats every team in the league
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

There’s growing concern here in Boston that this is legitimate. If it is legit, Danny should try to maximize his value. The Wolves are on Kyrie’s list and there have been reports that KAT is unhappy in Minnesota.

Celtics trade Kyrie Irving, #27, 2019 Memphis

Timberwolves trade KAT, Cole Aldrich, Tyus Jones

If Celtics need to add a future first, fine. I think this deal makes sense for both sides if KAT is truly unhappy and Kyrie doesn’t want to sign in Boston and the Wolves are on his list. The money works as well.

Celtics get another young core piece in KAT. If Minnesota is looking to trade KAT, you’re not going to do much better than Irving (unless it’s Kawhi). The rest of the pieces are filler, though that Memphis pick could be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    There’s growing concern here in Boston that this is legitimate. If it is legit, Danny should try to maximize his value. The Wolves are on Kyrie’s list and there have been reports that KAT is unhappy in Minnesota.

If Celtics need to add a future first, fine. I think this deal makes sense for both sides if KAT is truly unhappy and Kyrie doesn’t want to sign in Boston and the Wolves are on his list. The money works as well.

Celtics get another young core piece in KAT. If Minnesota is looking to trade KAT, you’re not going to do much better than Irving (unless it’s Kawhi). The rest of the pieces are filler, though that Memphis pick could be nice.
    Minny would try to get back in the deal a contract that is similar to what they are giving up. So Brown would have to be added along with Kyrie.

But at least someone is actually trying to look at the teams Irving had on his list. Everyone seems to be focused on the Knicks.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

You going to keep saying that until someone says something like Dragic and Olynyk for Irving or Irving for Whiteside?

I can’t really see much that Boston would be interested in, so it would likely have to be a 3 way deal of a team just looking for respect and has assets or that one guy.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You going to keep saying that until someone says something like Dragic and Olynyk for Irving or Irving for Whiteside?
    Lmao!

I don't think Pat & Ainge will be communicating any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I can’t really see much that Boston would be interested in, so it would likely have to be a 3 way deal of a team just looking for respect and has assets or that one guy.
    I am sure Wolves & Spurs can work something out if it came down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    how impactful was Hayward?
    Well, not gonna lie, this is a pretty dumb take.

Hayward is like a top 25 player on the league. How would he not have had some sort of impact, especially when Kyrie/Horford were off the floor and the C's were trotting out like 4 rookie bench lineups?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Lmao!

I don't think Pat & Ainge will be communicating any time soon.

I am sure Wolves & Spurs can work something out if it came down to it.
    Haha sorry a little snarky after the day I had.

PROCESSING

He should be traded this offseason.

I don't think Minny needs another guard.

Minny would try to get back in the deal a contract that is similar to what they are giving up. So Brown would have to be added along with Kyrie.

But at least someone is actually trying to look at the teams Irving had on his list. Everyone seems to be focused on the Knicks.
    LOL.
    I'm sure Ainge will step right up and do that.

Nof discounting that he could leave but this seems like speculation and hysteria. He says he has a great and involved restionship with coaching and front office. Apparently him and Hayward are really tight. He had a relationship with Tatum before the Celtics even. On paper he has the best chance to win in Boston out of anywhere else I’ve seen mentioned. He can get a 5th year in Boston that you’d think would be valuable with his injury history. He has family ties to Boston with his dad.

I’m certainly not going to try and get into his head, but it’s not like any of this is even substantiated. None of the writers are even pretending this have inside info on him wanting out. Not discounting that he could leave but as a Celtics fan I don’t feel that nervous that a split would come on his end.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Growing concern from who? There’s literally nothing on this that isn’t just the recycled original “report”.

Ainge doesn’t make terrible deals lol.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast