Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 446
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    31,861
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I still think it's meh even if Fultz works out. He just didn't screw up. If that's the best you can say then it wasn't a great run at all.
    that's not trusting the process
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    47,792
    Too many people are equating "didn't mess it up" with a "good job". Those two thing's aren't the same. (Not just here, all around)

    I see a bunch of "He was smart giving out a bunch of 1 year deals". Yea any GM could have seen LeBron as a potential free agent in 2018 or 2019 and been smart to keep cap space open. Doesn't mean he's good, just that they know a great player is coming to FA.

    A bunch of "He didn't trade away everyone/thing". Well....I mean he didn't, but it also depends who you ask. He and his daddy wasted assets by not trading Okafor when Hinkie had an offer of a 1st round pick for him. He later wasted Okafor when he had a late 1st offer. He wasted an asset in Noel by putting him down even before the season. Sure you can point to him keeping one of the LAL/SAC pick....but to me it's interesting that people want to say he didn't give away everything, but out of the other side of their mouth want to claim that he gave up too much for Fultz because he would have been there.

    Sure he brought in Belli and Illy late in the season but according to the two of them it's because they wanted to play with Brown and this team and little to do with Colangelo. And even though they helped up it's hard for me to praise a GM for guys that wanted to be here and guys that were only here half a year.

    PROCESSING

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    47,792
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    that's not trusting the process
    The process died with Hinkie.

    PROCESSING

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,547
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Cov made $18mil this year, then his deal dropped considerably.

    Yeah, it's easy to have that snap judgement because Tatum put up 20ppg in the playoffs and Fultz didn't play. But before the season started Tatum wasn't going to be this big a piece, and Fultz looks like it was something simple to snap out of. We need to give it time.

    Other than that....like I said, it was a very meh tenure. He just didn't mess things up. But like many will point out to, even his big move (trading up for Fultz) seems like a possible mistake.

    I think it's easy to pin the Okafor and Noel on him TBH. He waited too long. There were rumored offers for both at the draft, then the start of the season.

    Think about it:
    He traded away a #3, #6, and #8 pick (Okafor, Noel, Stauskas) along with a 2nd and got back Justin Anderson and a 2nd. He sold the other second and cut Trevor Booker which were the other things we got in the trades.
    JA is better than Noel, Sauce, and Oak and Booker was cut to sign Illy which was a terrific move.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    47,792
    You have a tendency to massively overrate bench guys like that. Anderson is as good as them at best.

    Half year moves are never overall great IMO. They’re just fine. Yea it helped us now, but how much did it really help? And it had 0 long term impact. So rental players are meh transactions.

    PROCESSING

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    31,861
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Too many people are equating "didn't mess it up" with a "good job". Those two thing's aren't the same. (Not just here, all around)

    I see a bunch of "He was smart giving out a bunch of 1 year deals". Yea any GM could have seen LeBron as a potential free agent in 2018 or 2019 and been smart to keep cap space open. Doesn't mean he's good, just that they know a great player is coming to FA.

    A bunch of "He didn't trade away everyone/thing". Well....I mean he didn't, but it also depends who you ask. He and his daddy wasted assets by not trading Okafor when Hinkie had an offer of a 1st round pick for him. He later wasted Okafor when he had a late 1st offer. He wasted an asset in Noel by putting him down even before the season. Sure you can point to him keeping one of the LAL/SAC pick....but to me it's interesting that people want to say he didn't give away everything, but out of the other side of their mouth want to claim that he gave up too much for Fultz because he would have been there.

    Sure he brought in Belli and Illy late in the season but according to the two of them it's because they wanted to play with Brown and this team and little to do with Colangelo. And even though they helped up it's hard for me to praise a GM for guys that wanted to be here and guys that were only here half a year.
    I think he did not have the opportunity to finish the job b/c of his social media **** up, up to the point of his firing I think he did a good job. they were one game away from the ECFs, got to see how Ben plays with shooters, got Ben and Joel great experience, made the team look like a great destination all while maintaining the flexibility to make future moves bc of his rentals. Those future moves would have made or broke his tenure for sure but he didn't have the chance to make them. I also don't have problems with the investments he (Cov/Joel). Plus he does get credit for those late season signings b/c he signed them. No one goes to a team they DON'T want to play for.
    Last edited by ewing; 06-11-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    47,792
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think he did not have the opportunity to finish the job b/c of his social media **** up, up to the point of his firing I think he did a good job. they were one game away from the ECFs, got to see how Ben plays with shooters, got Ben and Joel great experience, made the team look like a great destination all while maintaining the flexibility to make future moves bc of his rentals. Those future moves would have made or broke his tenure for sure but he didn't have the chance to make them. I also don't have problems with the investments he (Cov/Joel). Plus he does get credit for those late season signings b/c he signed them. No one goes to a team they DON'T want to play for.
    We were 3 games away from the ECF.

    PROCESSING

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,547
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You have a tendency to massively overrate bench guys like that. Anderson is as good as them at best.

    Half year moves are never overall great IMO. They’re just fine. Yea it helped us now, but how much did it really help? And it had 0 long term impact. So rental players are meh transactions.
    it helped a lot adding those bench guys. we dont finish the season the way we did with out Illy and Belli, they played a huge role is seeding for us.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    31,861
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    We were 3 games away from the ECF.
    good point, my bad. I still think it was a successful season
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,982
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The process died with Hinkie.
    Embiid is dead???!?

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,344
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The process died with Hinkie.
    Then why does Prince Joel tweet about trusting it? We got another conspiracy, or what? Genuinely curious.


    Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

    One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,344
    after Fultz struggled in his workout with the Sixers last June, league sources say some Sixers front-office members suggested that despite making the trade, the team should have taken a second look at Tatum or Lonzo Ball. But the idea was shot down by Colangelo, according to sources. Fultz was the choice. There was no turning back.
    https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/06/13...arkelle-fultz/


    Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

    One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17,012
    This is depressing news. I was never high on Fultz but I had him in my top five. Crazy Philly traded up to get Fultz. Worked out so well for Boston...

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,547
    Fultz was and still is the right choice for us.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,673
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    Fultz was and still is the right choice for us.
    is that right, jerry

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •