Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Was it?

Either way, if Nurse is a Morey guy, then I want him.
    that was the report while it was happening. it was after the season where Houston sucked and Howard & Harden hated each other and ppl thought Morey could be in trouble the next season

Stackhouse heading to Memphis as assistant coach.

Fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    that was the report while it was happening. it was after the season where Houston sucked and Howard & Harden hated each other and ppl thought Morey could be in trouble the next season
    Didn't hear much about that but Morey doesn't seem like one of those guys who would get fired that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Stackhouse heading to Memphis as assistant coach.
    that sucks. hate seeing someone that young, who is getting so much praise for their work on the development side leave the organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

So another candidate off the board. I hope Masai and Webster have something up their sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    So another candidate off the board. I hope Masai and Webster have something up their sleeve.
    They're waiting to offer LeBron a coach/player offer. If he declines then our top 4 will likely still be available.

Lewenberg reporting that it appears to be down to Nurse or Messina.

Spurs assistant Ettore Messina was in Toronto for a 2nd interview last week. Belief is the Raptors have narrowed their head coaching search to 2 leading candidates – Nick Nurse and Messina – with a decision expected to come this week or next.

I like that its going to be a first time coach vs. a retread.

I can't see Messina getting more out of this team than Casey did. Id prefer nurse out of thosr two.

I am fine with either one. I am more concerned with the guys not respecting Messina though.

If they can keep Nurse and have Messina be HC then that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32389138
    I am fine with either one. I am more concerned with the guys not respecting Messina though.

If they can keep Nurse and have Messina be HC then that would be great.
    Why are you concerned?
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Why are you concerned?
    It's always a hard balancing act coming in as the new guy but you have to lead guys who have been here a while.

Seems like he's very authoritative from what I read and that might not sit well with some of our entitled players. Could still be one of those things where it takes a few years to get used to.

If it's anyone other than nurse, then I think you have to trade Lowry.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    It's always a hard balancing act coming in as the new guy but you have to lead guys who have been here a while.

Seems like he's very authoritative from what I read and that might not sit well with some of our entitled players. Could still be one of those things where it takes a few years to get used to.
    IMO, it's good to have someone try to shake them up a bit. If they are not ready to admit that they don't know it all and they are not good enough with what they are doing now, then I'd rather see them get upset and get traded away. It took years for Casey to make Derozan understand that the 3 point shot is important. I'd rather try someone authoritative for a change.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast