Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

[Grange] Head coach search narrowed down to Nurse, Messina, Udoka or Jasikevicius

Raptors head coach search to be narrowed down to three candidates -- Raptors assistant Nick Nurse, Spurs assistant Ettore Messina, and either Spurs assistant Ime Udoka or Zalgiris Kaunas head coach Sarunas Jasikevicius -- this week. Story forthcoming.
    https://twitter.com/michaelgrange/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

So they have narrowed it down to the people they have interviewed lol

Wow so they actually looked into Sarunas. I'm kind of hoping they select him or Messina. Regardless, I like the candidates
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Masai reads reddit for sure haha
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Masai reads reddit for sure haha
    Right!?

All top candidates. I'd be optimistic about any of them. I feel like we only know what we'll get from 2 of them.
    Nurse - a great offense.
    Sarunas - great PG play/development.

I'd like to point out once more that sarunas was invited by Pops to join his staff but declined.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc.:32381188

Right!?

All top candidates. I'd be optimistic about any of them. I feel like we only know what we'll get from 2 of them.
    Nurse - a great offense.
    Sarunas - great PG play/development.

I'd like to point out once more that sarunas was invited by Pops to join his staff but declined.
    I read that he gets really fired up and will berate you publicly. That might not go over well with NBA players.

With that said, he's been compared to Brad Stevens by some who have followed him. Not surprised that Pop invited him.

interesting options. Sarunas has played in the nba. So at least he knows how nba players are. He would be a bold option.

Really hoping they go with Sarunas now. It’s a risk and could go terribly wrong but it’s worth it IMO

Sarunas would be my choice. He led Zalgiris to a 3rd place finish in the euroleague with the 2nd lowest budget of the 16 teams.

The guy is fiery and not passive aggressive one bit. With how diva and coddled like the average nba guys are, if he can take control of a team that in itself would be amazing. Blatt is pretty fiery over in europe too, way more temperamental compared to how he had to change for the nba. I hope Jask can be himself, but he might have to change because of the power stars have over here.

He never gets rattled, and I've watch more than 20 Zalgiris games a year for the past few. He coached them for the last 2.

His players would run through a brick wall for him even with his personality. He knows how to adjust and put players in good positions to succeed so I think that's what the Raps need.

i hadn't heard of this guy as a coach but i remember him as a player. truly seems like a boom or bust candidate. i will trust you guys as to his coaching abilities but he's either going to be much mellower than he appears in his youtube clips or he will mysteriously disappear 6 weeks into the job lol
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Lowry and him should be a good mix ;-)

Messina is my bet

I just hope we keep Nick Nurse if he's not the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Messina is my bet
    me too. I can't see Masai hiring Sarunas, if Chong could find that clip on YouTube you would think Masai could too.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I rather see sarunas than Messina. But most likely raptors will play safe. Regardless of who they pick, they still got to change players.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast