Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I don't know.. If that was the case, Nurse probably wouldn't have been around as long. Or Masai probably had to make the decision between the two a lot sooner.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to those match ups as well.
    I don't know. Mark Jackson's coaching tenure was basically a clown fiesta with 100x more drama and the Warriors still kept him for 3 years. Like assistant coaches were so ****ing paranoid and done with his **** they were recording the bat **** crazy things Jackson was doing. If Jackson didn't issue that ultimatum, he would have lasted just as long as Casey. Too many dynamics at play to know for sure. I don't think it's as simple as, we don't get along so, cya.

I do know that Morey was planning on grooming him for HC depending on how things worked out. So that could have been Masai's intention all along. I mean it was obvious that Casey was never Masai's coach. Their disagreements have been well documented over the years. Makes you wonder why Masai didn't make a move earlier. It would be like Morey putting up with Larry Brown or Doug Collins. Oil and water.
    Last edited by ecart; 06-28-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart:32421704

I don't know. Mark Jackson's coaching tenure was basically a clown fiesta with 100x more drama and the Warriors still kept him for 3 years. Like assistant coaches were so ****ing paranoid and done with his **** they were recording the bat **** crazy things Jackson was doing. If Jackson didn't issue that ultimatum, he would have lasted just as long as Casey. Too many dynamics at play to know for sure. I don't think it's as simple as, we don't get along so, cya.

I do know that Morey was planning on grooming him for HC depending on how things worked out. So that could have been Masai's intention all along. I mean it was obvious that Casey was never Masai's coach. Their disagreements have been well documented over the years. Makes you wonder why Masai didn't make a move earlier. It would be like Morey putting up with Larry Brown or Doug Collins. Oil and water.
    Fair enough.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

According to the Woz, former Phoenix Suns assistant coach Nate Bjorkgren will be announced soon as the latest member of Toronto’s staff. He’ll join up to work under head coach Nick Nurse, along with assistant Adrian Griffin.
    As Woz implies in his tweet, Bjorkgren’s hiring was not seen as a surprise. He was working within Toronto’s advanced scouting department, and has the obvious pre-existing connection to Nurse. With the news, and the previous Griffin hire, the Raptors are working with one remaining open assistant coaching position. We’ll see what shakes out next.
    https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/7/9/1...uns-nick-nurse

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718