Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 258
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,379
    Nurse agrees to 3 years 10 million.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,379
    Despite a largely successful partnership during their time together with the Toronto Raptors, Dwane Casey and Nick Nurse might be happier they'll reside in different cities next season.

    In a report from Dave Feschuk of the Toronto Star, league sources say the newly minted head coaches - Nurse with Toronto and Casey with the Detroit Pistons - haven't been on good terms since Casey was let go by the Raptors on May 11 before Nurse's promotion to the top spot. One source even went as far as to say, "No love lost between 'em."

    Another source suggested that due to the presence of the defensive-minded Casey and defensive coordinator Rex Kalamian, Nurse's offensive ideas weren't given a chance to be fully heard and implemented despite him leading Toronto's switch to a more pass-heavy motion offense this past season.

    Nurse's supporters also apparently believe that along with his offense-first mindset, he'll hold players accountable in ways Casey could not, according to Feschuk.

    Despite being the man who gave Nurse his first gig on an NBA bench, Casey's new role as head coach of the Pistons just across the border - and the apparently frayed relationship between the two - could add a little juice to the regional rivalry.

    https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1557284
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,379
    I expect the presser to be tomorrow. Hopefully, we can get some answers on the relationship between Casey and Nurse.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,858
    Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF8wEVWdp5k

    Seventeen seconds into the press conference.
    I'm not entirely sure he meant it quite that way but if he did and no one called him on it I'm going to assume it's because everyone knew the real reason Casey was fired. otherwise it's the stupidest thing I've ever heard Masai say.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,858
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I expect the presser to be tomorrow. Hopefully, we can get some answers on the relationship between Casey and Nurse.
    not a chance lol

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,379
    Briefly talks about Nurse.

    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer:32393828
    not a chance lol

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Yeah but i expect Simmons and Feschuk to ask those questions. We may not hear anything about their personal relationship but certainly should get some insight on how they are different.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    394
    Nurse is an entirely different coach. Casey is resistant to change. Nurse is a tinkerer. When Morey had the crazy idea to use the D-League to experiment and test out new ideas, there's a reason why Nurse was chosen and why Morey said he reminded him of MDA. Why do you think the Raptors can continually change their offensive identity season after season? Did people forget how our coaches failed to put together a coherent offence before he arrived?Casey whiffed a crucial out of to play because his clipboard was upside down. Same guy? Really?

    It's also why he was given the responsibility to oversee the 905 because Masai wanted to recreate RGV's success in Toronto. Even in the past, Mermuys has candidly admitted that he's just a puppet and Nurse pulls the strings. Because of his D-League experience, he's also great with player development. Look at the Raptors' internal growth over the years, especially in the past year.

    It's easy to see why there's no love lost between Casey and Nurse. People see them as the same because Casey got the credit for a lot of Nurse's work. Masai had to constantly put pressure and wear Casey down to accept Nurse's ideas.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    ^^^ Burner account?

    Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lol for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    Lol! Totally .
    PSD admin is non-existent. Find a new slant. That's funny though because that Ringer story is the only reason why I checked out PSD again. There were people here who had an unhealthy obsession with Bargs.
    Last edited by ecart; 06-13-2018 at 04:58 PM.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,533
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Nurse is an entirely different coach. Casey is resistant to change. Nurse is a tinkerer. When Morey had the crazy idea to use the D-League to experiment and test out new ideas, there's a reason why Nurse was chosen and why Morey said he reminded him of MDA. Why do you think the Raptors can continually change their offensive identity season after season? Did people forget how our coaches failed to put together a coherent offence before he arrived?Casey whiffed a crucial out of to play because his clipboard was upside down. Same guy? Really?
    Seriously, is this Nurse talking?

    I'm conflicted here, I really like the image of Casey with an upside-down clipboard calling the wrong play, and I am really glad he's gone -- so I'm with you there -- but, Raptors changing their offensive identity season after season? What?!

    They managed to change it once. The previous years, with Nurse sitting there next to Casey, they played the exact same **** every single year. Last year was the first time we saw some change.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    54,987
    Didnt we have a guy here named Trace?

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,379
    So are you Freakazoid?
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Didnt we have a guy here named Trace?
    trace sounds right

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    Seriously, is this Nurse talking?

    I'm conflicted here, I really like the image of Casey with an upside-down clipboard calling the wrong play, and I am really glad he's gone -- so I'm with you there -- but, Raptors changing their offensive identity season after season? What?!
    Nurse completely revamped and modernized our offence when he first came here. Then we slowly moved away from Horns sets and predominantly used continuity offences like Flex. Then we moved away from continuity to motion with our corner offence in 2016. Then in 2017-2018 we used a 5 out motion. Maybe 'identity' was the wrong word.

    Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    They managed to change it once. The previous years, with Nurse sitting there next to Casey, they played the exact same **** every single year. Last year was the first time we saw some change.
    Never had a job where your boss shoots down all the ideas you pitch? Doug Collins ran flex for years even though he had Winters and PJax sitting right next to him.

    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    So are you Freakazoid?
    Yup.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    trace sounds right

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Trace was my roommate at the time. We shared that account until he left to do his surgical residency in the States. Made 'Freakazoid' after that.
    Last edited by ecart; 06-13-2018 at 08:11 PM.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    54,987
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Nurse agrees to 3 years 10 million.
    Wish it was a year longer.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •