Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I don't see how Michael Phelps supports your argument. Doesn't he eat a ton of junk food? My whole point was that that calories were 95% of it and the fact that all these super athletes can eat crappy food and be in amazing shape supports what I'm saying. Usain Bolt ate nothing but chicken mcnuggets at the olympics. They have to eat more calories because they burn so many working out.
    Chicken McNuggets still have 48g protein for 20 and 53g carbs (58g fat)

If you eat 100 of those in a day, that's a ton of protein (about what you'd hope for a guy weighing near 200 lbs in a day), and if you are a runner like Bolt is, those carbs are burned off before they can turn into a stored energy source.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 06-12-2018 at 04:10 PM.

McDonald's and the big bad food companies don't make you fat. Just pay attention to how many calories you're eating. You're responsible for what you eat.
    And that's well over 200g of protein per day.

That's fine. The carbs are up there too, and considering he is a runner, he is burning those carbs as quickly as he consumes them and he probably needs those carbs in the first place.

If you are a distance runner like Bolt, nuggets are probably a fine thing to eat (though certainly much better options out there).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Chicken McNuggets still have 48g protein for 20 and 53g carbs (7g fat)

If you eat 100 of those in a day, that's a ton of protein (about what you'd hope for a guy weighing near 200 lbs in a day), and if you are a runner like Bolt is, those carbs are burned off before they can turn into a stored energy source.
    It simply doesn't matter what you eat as long as you burn it off.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

It simply doesn't matter what you eat as long as you burn it off.
    If you want to grow muscle, change your metabolism, and be healthy...it does.

If all you care about is the number on the scale, then you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

If you want to grow muscle, change your metabolism, and be healthy...it does.

If all you care about is the number on the scale, then you are right.
    correct. Every BODY is different. Our bodies needs change with age, etc. If you just want to weigh a certain number, calorie count is all that matters. if you want a higher performance body, or certain muscle versus fat percentages, then food matters. It matters depending on what sport you play even. A cyclist will eat far different than a bodybuilder for instance.

But, people are generally too lazy to research nutrition to the Nth degree. At the very least, making what is known as terrible and calorie counting is what works to at least keep weight at a certain place.

The one common denominator, is if you want to lose weight, eat less and move more. You don't need to go to a doctor or nutritionist to know that. It's why while I understand where Valade is coming from, trying to pin this on the big bad corporations is just stupid. People are fat because they are mostly lazy, not because they are fooled into eating food they THINK is good for them but isn't. I am sorry, but Oreo cookies could campaign with 50 billion adds on the product having dairy in it, hence "good", and I am not stupid enough to believe it.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    correct. Every BODY is different. Our bodies needs change with age, etc. If you just want to weigh a certain number, calorie count is all that matters. if you want a higher performance body, or certain muscle versus fat percentages, then food matters. It matters depending on what sport you play even. A cyclist will eat far different than a bodybuilder for instance.

But, people are generally too lazy to research nutrition to the Nth degree. At the very least, making what is known as terrible and calorie counting is what works to at least keep weight at a certain place.

The one common denominator, is if you want to lose weight, eat less and move more. You don't need to go to a doctor or nutritionist to know that. It's why while I understand where Valade is coming from, trying to pin this on the big bad corporations is just stupid. People are fat because they are mostly lazy, not because they are fooled into eating food they THINK is good for them but isn't. I am sorry, but Oreo cookies could campaign with 50 billion adds on the product having dairy in it, hence "good", and I am not stupid enough to believe it.
    I think its just human nature man. Some things are stuff that you think would be nice but aren't really a priority in your life. a lot people do half *** BS with this stuff to make themselves feel like they tried. I'll give you an example. I have a great boss. She works her *** off and treats people right. She is also out of shape, not like obsess but in shape. She will go on different diets etc. The other day we went out for lunch and on the way back she tells me that she normally parks at the top of the lot b/c walking down to the office is the only excerize she gets. She is not lazy. In fact she is a work alcoholic. Really being healthy isn't a priority for her. Everyone knows how to be healthy some people just don't care that much about it.
    Last edited by ewing; 06-13-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think its just human nature man. Some things are stuff that you think would be nice but aren't really a priority in your life. a lot people do half *** BS with this stuff to make themselves feel like they tried. I'll give you an example. I have a great boss. She works her *** off and treats people right. She is also out of shape, not like obsess but in shape. She will go on different diets etc. The other day we went out for lunch and on the way back she tells me that she normally parks at the top of the lot b/c walking down to the office is the only excerize she gets. She is not lazy. In fact she is a work alcoholic. Really being healthy isn't a priority for her. Everyone knows how to be healthy some people just don't care that much about it.
    yeah, you put it a better way then I did. But, what is considered "average" today is fat 20 years ago. It's just healthy to not carry extra weight, period.

Priorities do change everyone. But, at the end of the day, if you want to have the best chance to live as long as possible, we already know what we should be doing. I guess that just isn't as important as the trade off of enjoying the luxuries of food, booze, smokes, etc for many people. Nothing wrong with that honestly. But those who do take care of themselves should also not shoulder the cost of rising health care due to those who don't. That being said, those who live longer are also creating higher health costs, so maybe there is a nice balance of responsibility in there.

I just get sick at watching our nation turn fatter and fatter by the year. Especially kids. ****ing stop it already.

Most people I don't think really care that they are overweight. At least not enough to make any real life changes.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yeah, you put it a better way then I did. But, what is considered "average" today is fat 20 years ago. It's just healthy to not carry extra weight, period.

Priorities do change everyone. But, at the end of the day, if you want to have the best chance to live as long as possible, we already know what we should be doing. I guess that just isn't as important as the trade off of enjoying the luxuries of food, booze, smokes, etc for many people. Nothing wrong with that honestly. But those who do take care of themselves should also not shoulder the cost of rising health care due to those who don't. That being said, those who live longer are also creating higher health costs, so maybe there is a nice balance of responsibility in there.

I just get sick at watching our nation turn fatter and fatter by the year. Especially kids. ****ing stop it already.

Most people I don't think really care that they are overweight. At least not enough to make any real life changes.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think people are just lazy and ignorant. It's both.

People don't know what to do AND many don't even really bother with doing anything about it in the first place (even if they did know).

Being healthy is a lifestyle, not a diet.

Your boss is a work alcoholic? I know a few guys like that but they at least try to hide it.

People don't know what to do AND many don't even really bother with doing anything about it in the first place (even if they did know).

You sound swell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Your boss is a work alcoholic? I know a few guys like that but they at least try to hide it.
    She’s cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.

You know what you're talking about Jeffy!

I learned all about eating healthy by subscribing to several nutritional websites, but it took some time, before changing my eating lifestyle. Diets don't work, which has been proven scientifically.

I, like so many, for many years ate at BK's, Wendy's, Popeye's, McD and other fast food places, perhaps 3x weekly. I also ate salads everyday w/o dressing, only fresh lemon and some black pepper. That was my justification for what I assumed was eating healthy.

I could never lose weight despite working out 3-4x a week.

My journey to change started around six years ago. Completely cut out salt (retains water) and started using all kinds of spices in my cooking, increased my water intake since it flushes out toxins, stopped drinking any kinds of sodas, beverages, alcohol, learned all about reading labels, and know how to stay away from many canned, frozen & processed foods.

As a result, from blowing up to 252lbs I now weigh 197lbs and feel healthy, always highly energetic and workout 4-5X weekly.

So, the best way to lose body fat and become less susceptible to diabetes, cancer and other horrible diseases is to start this process slowly.

I eat mostly chicken, turkey, lamb, only wild Alaskan salmon, Oregon shrimp, and ground bison (it's naturally leaner and healthier than beef), ocassionally lean ground beef.

I'm not perfect and treat myself to pizza, Italian, Chinese and Mexican. When ordering I tell the server, 'no additional salt.'

By the way, I'm in my 60's, 6 ft. and better than average in strength and do both cardio and lift weights. I can max out at 225lbs, but it's not necessary at my age.

Remember, just do it slowly and you'll keep it off.

So, with that said, I find fat women unhealthy looking, and more than likely they have no idea how they are hurting themselves in the big picture.

I feel bad for so many of them, because many these have women have cute or attractive faces. If they lost that extra lard they would feel and look so much better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 06-16-2018 at 08:44 PM.
    I'm With You Mr. Met - Terrible Ownership

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Again, this thread is a bunch of people complaining about a problem and saying we shouldn’t do anything about it. What is the point of complaining?

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast