Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Trout

what do you think his numbers across the board will be at seasons end now that we are almost at the all star break?? Do you think he finishes above 12War?

I wouldn't bet on it.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Dude is hitting .429/.571/.905 at home vs LHP and .351/.485/.725 on the road vs RHP this season. What a ****ing monster.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dude is hitting .429/.571/.905 at home vs LHP and .351/.485/.725 on the road vs RHP this season. What a ****ing monster.
    my neighbor hates him lol... he is as old school as they come... he was outside tonight and he said there is guys batting over 340 and this dude is getting all the love for battingr around 300 with 50 RBI... He was so irate tonight it was hilarious. He is like 50 and just hates any type of advanced stats... i finally convinced my dad about OPS because he only cared about home runs and RBI for a while which is understandable considering he loves Ryan Howard-**** YOU RUSH-.... But tonight when i brought up his OPS etc my neighbor said he has 50 RBI... 50... He said he has 25 home runs and only 50 rbi... he said you cant be great and be on pace to not hit 100 RBI on the season. i just let it go. I am not as advanced stats as like a jeffy or you but man hearing old timers is so hilarious.

Iím not a super advanced stats guy either but youíre neighbour is an idiot.

Did you also explain to him that he has the most plate appearances in the majors with nobody on base?

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Iím not a super advanced stats guy either but youíre neighbour is an idiot.

Did you also explain to him that he has the most plate appearances in the majors with nobody on base?
    Maybe he should've homered in all those PAs to get his RBI total up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rbi and wins are the two stats Iíll never understand how people still hold them with such high regards for individuals.

Two stars as equally dependent on your teammates as they are your own talent. Pathetic really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Rbi and wins are the two stats Iíll never understand how people still hold them with such high regards for individuals.

Two stars as equally dependent on your teammates as they are your own talent. Pathetic really.

Agreed x100.

I could give a reluctant pass to fans, but it's even worse when you hear personalities, so called experts, and even players give these stats backing.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    my neighbor hates him lol... he is as old school as they come... he was outside tonight and he said there is guys batting over 340 and this dude is getting all the love for battingr around 300 with 50 RBI... He was so irate tonight it was hilarious. He is like 50 and just hates any type of advanced stats... i finally convinced my dad about OPS because he only cared about home runs and RBI for a while which is understandable considering he loves Ryan Howard-**** YOU RUSH-.... But tonight when i brought up his OPS etc my neighbor said he has 50 RBI... 50... He said he has 25 home runs and only 50 rbi... he said you cant be great and be on pace to not hit 100 RBI on the season. i just let it go. I am not as advanced stats as like a jeffy or you but man hearing old timers is so hilarious.
    I'm glad I don't live to next this guy.

And if he was my neighbor I'd have the Ryan Howard strike out looking call on loop everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I'm glad I don't live to next this guy.

And if he was my neighbor I'd have the Ryan Howard strike out looking call on loop everyday.
    lol you sicken me but yea he loved Howard and Hated utley... He thought utley and werth worried to much about getting on base and not being productive run producing guys. I have no issues with old school fans sticking to their old school ways but its going to be hard to change peoples opinions when you have guys like Harold Reynolds and so on spewing about things like this... I hate the term professional hitter... that is my 1 pet peeve... Hearing guys say someone is a profession hitter makes my blood boil.

lol you sicken me but yea he loved Howard and Hated utley... He thought utley and werth worried to much about getting on base and not being productive run producing guys. I have no issues with old school fans sticking to their old school ways but its going to be hard to change peoples opinions when you have guys like Harold Reynolds and so on spewing about things like this... I hate the term professional hitter... that is my 1 pet peeve... Hearing guys say someone is a profession hitter makes my blood boil.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you have more than one pet peeve

Yeah. Go on any Facebook page And say RBI are meaningless...youíll be ostracized to no end, itís sad.

My dad still thinks wins and RBI matter but at least he knows Trout is the best in the game. His idea that wins matter is more of an individual stat though, how guys like deGrom are elite and deserve more wins as if itís a cherry on top rather than a measurement of performance - and I agree with that.

I canít explain why RBI donít matter so I donít bother with that one lol.

Remember when Bryan Price chastised Votto for walking too much?

I like the term professional hitter tbh. Guys like Asdrubal Cabrera are professionals albeit not the most skilled. Gallo is the opposite of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Yeah. Go on any Facebook page And say RBI are meaningless...youíll be ostracized to no end, itís sad.

My dad still thinks wins and RBI matter but at least he knows Trout is the best in the game. His idea that wins matter is more of an individual stat though, how guys like deGrom are elite and deserve more wins as if itís a cherry on top rather than a measurement of performance - and I agree with that.

I canít explain why RBI donít matter so I donít bother with that one lol.
    I see that stuff when MLB's facebook posts videos or whatever and I contemplate replying and then tell myself that I'd rather not get pissed off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I see that stuff when MLB's facebook posts videos or whatever and I contemplate replying and then tell myself that I'd rather not get pissed off.
    Yeah. I stopped once some guy was saying Mark Trumbo was a damn good hitter the year he hit 50

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast