Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Trout

Mike Trout

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2018/6...st-season-ever

He is on pace for a 14.6 war lol... Not sure how great the article is but are we watching the best season ever? This was before he went 3-4 tonight lol.

I have wet dreams about Michael Nelson Trout.

Heís definitely the greatest player Iíve ever watched and I remember Pujolsí best years...still doesnít hold a candle to a typical Mike Trout season.

Like Rush, I have wet dreams about him too. His production alone makes me question my sexuality.

Dorks.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

5. 06-05-2018, 02:14 PM
    Reason
    Not necessary

I'm going to make sure you lose your career, family, and reputation over using that heinous slur.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm going to make sure you lose your career, family, and reputation over using that heinous slur.
    He's drunk on ambien

He's not really close to Barry Bonds

I probably won't see another player reach Barry Bonds level.

Defensive metrics are so up and down that they aren't reliable in a year to year WAR. What is reliable is the offensive production and Barry was a 1.4 OPS and 268 OPS+ and .544 wOBA bat.

Mike trouts base running and defense is not worth enough to overcome the huge discrepancy with the bat.

Barry is still the best I have ever seen. He was must watch TV back then.

Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    He's drunk on ambien
    No, just bath salts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I have wet dreams about Michael Nelson Trout.
    Wow...

One of the best Iíve seen for sure. Not accusing him, but this being the age weíre in, I hope heís not on PEDs.

Quote Originally Posted by natsbats View Post

Defensive metrics are so up and down that they aren't reliable in a year to year WAR. What is reliable is the offensive production and Barry was a 1.4 OPS and 268 OPS+ and .544 wOBA bat.

Mike trouts base running and defense is not worth enough to overcome the huge discrepancy with the bat.

So many of you used WAR, essentially defensive metrics, to justify why you thought Trout should have won the Ď12 MVP over Triple Crown winner Cabrera.
    Last edited by thefeckcampaign; 06-10-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Trout had a higher wRC+ his offense was better that year. Oe virtually the same.

Trout more valuable defensively. Not a hard argument to understand

Quote Originally Posted by natsbats:32381189

I didn't want to say the obvious, but there was clearly a reason Bonds put up the numbers he did at his age.

Can you imagine Trout on PEDs? LOL

Eh I guess it depends on your stance with PED's.

Barry Bonds with or without them is one of the greatest hitters I ever watched and it will prob. be a long while before I see anyone of that caliber with the bat.

You can always play devils advocate and if the pitchers he hit off were also on PED's isn't it that point a level playing ground? It really sucks for an era that saved baseball their skills and what they accomplished will forever be tarnished when they should be celebrated.

I admit I am very on the relaxed side of a PED conversation cause these guys played hero for the game and in my eyes no one was telling them to stop while it was going on and running rampant. Then we look back and we decided to chop all their heads off and wipe them from the books.

I firmly believe if you think every player at some point didn't take to find a way to get a upper hand in a sport they know will be short lived and it will end then take the blinders off. It's competitive nature.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast