Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Quote Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/rockets...cy-rumors/amp/

How you guys feel about Corey Brewer returning?
    If thatís not at least a camp invite, I donít know what it is. Maybe a trade looming to upgrade somewhere and Brewer will be added depth after the fact?

I love Brewer, but I don't really want him back. He would be buried behind Ennis, Green, Tucker, Anthony, Gordon and possibly even MCW and Chriss on the depth chart at the PF/SF/SG positions. I'd rather keep an open roster spot (to go along with that $4.4M MLE) to be used later on the season, or early if needed, and keep an extra young guy (on top of the 2 two-way roster spots) on a non-guaranteed contract while the spot isn't filled with a veteran. As of now, barring any trades of course, the Rockets have 4 guys (Bruno Caboclo, Gary Clark, Vince Edwards and Rob Gray) fighting for that last roster spot and the 2 two-way spots.

With that said, I guess there's nothing wrong with a camp invite to see what the guy has left on the tank.

Also, it's very uncharacteristic for Morey to post something like this, before making things official. So, it might be official already, and we just don't know it yet.
    Last edited by EDUTEXANS; 09-11-2018 at 08:27 PM.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Jeff Bzdelik retired. That might be the Rockets biggest loss this offseason.

I actually had no idea he's 65 year old. He looks like he's around 50.

Roy Rogers should take over as "defensive coordinator", and I'm sure he'll be fine.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Damn, that kinda sucks.

Yeah, that was a bummer about Bzdelik, and with them losing some of their edge on the perimeter D, I've got to think the D is going to take at least a small step back this season.

In other news, based on rumors from the insiders of that other Rockets forum (you all know which one), Houston is very interested in Jimmy Butler. Possible packages could include some combination of Eric Gordon, PJ Tucker and future 1st round picks.

I love me some Jimmy Butler (we're both Tomball High School graduates), but that seems like a lot to give up for a one-year rental. Would you guys do it if given the chance?

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

That's too much. I wouldn't include PJ in many deals.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324