6'7" and throws 96 mph.

Holy Cow!
    How the hell is he a 23rd rounder?

High school or college?

2018 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signings

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Teams did not think he would sign?

After the tenth round you get many of the guys that teams draft that likely would ask for more money that wants would be willing to give them.

But sometimes some of these kids end up signing for reasonable amounts.

And where does it say that he throws 96 mph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    He's a two pitch pitcher.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Baseball America:

A big, 6-foot-7, 230-pound righthander, Gonzalez is an arm strength power pitcher with a fastball that has been up to 95-96 mph this spring. Scouts think that he can eventually throw in the upper 90s, but he has a long arm stroke and no breaking ball to speak of presently. During games this spring, Gonzalez pitched off of his fastball almost exclusively and would throw just one breaking ball in some looks. Hes also a below-average athlete. An Alabama State commit, Gonzalez is thought to be a tough sign, and while a team might bite on a future 70-grade fastball, it could be a tough sell without much in the way of secondary offerings.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by youngstuna View Post
    high school or college?
    hs

https://twitter.com/wexlerrules/stat...019191808?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Does he have connections?
    Is he worth a follow?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He's a two pitch pitcher.
    Well there you have it.;

Kelenic: $5m

BTW this is the baseball academy that Kalenic's family co-owns:

https://stiksacademy.com/

His family also has a stake in the Stiks Academy, which has a 33,000 square-foot indoor practice field and 11 batting tunnels and the NX Level sports training facility, where Lux and NFL brothers Derek and T.J. Watt have trained.

Last edited by Dugmet; 06-09-2018 at 08:14 AM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Is nice to have rich parents who would do that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    hs
    wouldnt a kid out of high school be more likely to learn secondary pitches? If the kid has the arm, which you can't teach, wouldn't it follow that he can develop the pitches, which you can?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Just found out that the Mets wanted to give Tyler Ras 3/4 of slot money for a 3rd round pick. He declined and the Mets selected Cortes.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    wouldnt a kid out of high school be more likely to learn secondary pitches? If the kid has the arm, which you can't teach, wouldn't it follow that he can develop the pitches, which you can?
    He might, but that wont be done until instructional camp in the fall.

Damn I just saw Matthew Liberatore signed under-slot for $3.5 mil.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast