Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team would win in a 7 game series?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Dunkapalooza

14 70.00%
  • Nonameland

4 20.00%
  • GMs vote here.

2 10.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    I like your odds in this matchup. in the future matchups, I think this is going to be your biggest problem. Your overall defense. Wilt gets in foul trouble, you have 0 rim protection out side of that. Christie is a solid defender but barely is playing, same for Richardson. Carter isnt a defensive stopper in any strech and we all know Hardens reputation.
    Really? He averaged 2 fouls per game his career and never once fouled out of a regular season game.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Really? He averaged 2 fouls per game his career and never once fouled out of a regular season game.
    Thats because of his "ohh-lay" defense

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    lmao!

I guess, I'm in the minority of thinking Dunks team has horrible chemistry, just the thought of Harden playing ISO ball with Wilt waiting around playing the Wilnt Capela role is horrible.

Wilt
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...6-sum:per_game
    31FGA

Harden
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...8-sum:per_game
    20FGA

Carter
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...5-sum:per_game
    20.5FGA

Mookie shooting 15FGA and Bobby Jones shooting 10FGA

shooting over 96FGA a game.. and the bench will be effective? the GSW only shoot 85 FGA in this fast paced era.

So we're expected to believe Grandmama 15FGA and the rest of his bench will be effective?

There's zero "Elite Wing Defenders" -0 DPOY lmao not to mention Mookie, MRR, Wilt, Cliff Robinson parties after games.

this team is full of failure and only 3 NBA Championships total for the entire team (Wade alone has 3).. This team would quit so fast in the face of adversity, history has shown it for his entire team and yet we're supposed to believe this team full of non-champions can win? no sir.

Shammy what are you talking about ooh lay defense? Lol what...

He got 55 rebounds in a single game against the best rebounding team in the league. 26 blocks in a game lol. Watch those videos. The reason he didn't foul much is because he did not need to contest shots at the release point like every other shot blocker. Which means there is little to not chance of fouling Look at the video. When he did contest at the release point he got it clean.

Everyone in his time thought he was among the most imposing defenders in the league. Now you're going to contradict the people who played him?

Wilt is a more decorated defender than Ewing btw. By accolades if wilt is a bad defender than Ewing is trash lol. Which simply doesn't make any sense.

Wilt will block more shots than Ewing. Foul less. He'll easily out rebound Ewing. He's going to guard Ewing better than Ewing can guard wilt. There is no aspect of Ewing's defensive game that is equal to wilt. None.

And g your arguments are getting more ridiculous lol. I sure as hell hope your players have proven they can carry a bigger load than what will be asked of them in this league lol. I mean look at the Olympic teams, by your argument LeBron and melo couldn't play together. Magic and Jordan would have sucked. It's just a nonsense argument.

Also my team has multiple people who lead a team as an alpha who went on to win playoff series. Who then also proved they could play next to an alpha.

Outside Jordan nobody on your team ever led a team to a playoff win. Lol Not one game. Lol. So yeah talk about rings all you want but artest and Pau are not leading any teams anywhere. At least pippen managed to lead the bulls to playoff wins. Artest or Pau couldn't have.

I mean your team isn't even as good as the core Jordan actually played with lol. Pippen / rodman > artest / pau. Meanwhile everyone on my roster is playing with guys they never dreamed of getting a chance to play with.

Btw all my so called not elite defenders have more accolades than any defender he's got. Wilt > Ewing. Bobby Jones >> Maurice lucas. Bobby Jones >> Ewing. Mookie > Wade. Mookie > ewing. Christie > sprewell. Christie > Wade. Christie > Ewing. Clifford = Ewing. Clifford > sprewell. Clifford = Wade. Ray Richardson > sprewell. Richardson > Wade. Richardson > Ewing.

I mean the list goes on. My defense will be better all game long. My offense is clearly better.

I have five mvp trophies. He has 0. Come on man.

Wilt could dunk with one step from the free throw line. The video I linked showed wilt catching a really deep two from the free throw line. That's how you get 26 blocks and don't foul out. You certainly don't get two 1st team all NBA defensive teams for ooh-lay. lol. I mean that's like saying Wade played ooh lay defense. Since wilt is more decorated than anyone on his team.

Lmao “outside of Jordan” sounds like you missed the 90’s. Micheal Jordan was thee most driven, hungry, GOAT, the man simply carried his team to 6x NBA Championships. 5x MVP, 10x Scoring Champ, 9x All-Defense, DPOY, 6x Finals MVP.thats what 3 more than your entire team... what more else do I need other than two DPOY (only 7 wings all-time) and a legit #2 punch in Pau who would flourish/embrace that role as he did for Kobe.
    Last edited by GREATNESS ONE; 06-05-2018 at 02:54 AM.

You obviously don't remember watching the bulls games in much detail, or haven't watched them recently. Check Hardwood classics. Especially as the offseason starts. They usually have Jordan games. Or you tube.

But quite frankly pippen didn't score 20+ points a game and 7+ asst by catching passes from Jordan. Jordan didn't have the ball on every play. Not even most plays. Something like 30+%. You'll need large parts of the game controlled by other players. Especially in this league.

You act like being rubbish and unable to be a #1 punch on a play off team makes you a better #2 here. When it really means that's the best that player could ever do here. You know who would make a better second option than Pau? Hakeem. But that kind of talent is unlikely on one of these teams hu? Yet your arguments suggest they couldn't play together because they take too many shots. They both are too good of iso players. Blah blah blah.

The point being that if all you could be is a number two option on a real nba team you're probably more like a three or four in this league. If you were a number one, unless you're a top twenty player all time, you're probably gonna have to be number 2 option. Like Ewing. Or Harden.

Being more talented than your role requires doesn't mean your team is bad. It means its insanely good. Hence the warriors, where almost all their players are better than the role that is asked of them.

Carter could never realistically be a number one option on here. Yet he was the number one option on multiple teams that went deep in the playoffs. Yet he couldn't lead an offense in this league. So for the parts of the game my stars are resting he can take over at a deep play off run level kind of offense.

Btw, basically all of my players did exactly the same thing that Pau did. No different than what Carter has done multiple times. Or Wilt, first to philly where he became the best passing big man of all time up to that point. Then he went to play with West in LA and took Russell's place as the most dominate defensive force in the league.

The man completely changed his game, and his numbers changing drastically proves it...twice. Every bit the same as Pau.

Every time Wilt went to a new team he changed his game to fit that team.

And every role he took he was the best at it in the league.

Or in the case of passing and scoring at the time, the best ever. Do not discount Wilts talent lol.

Even Harden accepted a lesser role and excelled. Bringing in another alpha dog and ball handler made Harden better. And before that he excelled so much at taking on a lesser role he was sixth man of the year
    Last edited by Dunkapolooza; 06-05-2018 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Possibly, except that Wilt is widely considered among the best defenders ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Lmao “outside of Jordan” sounds like you missed the 90’s. Micheal Jordan was thee most driven, hungry, GOAT, the man simply carried his team to 6x NBA Championships. 5x MVP, 10x Scoring Champ, 9x All-Defense, DPOY, 6x Finals MVP.thats what 3 more than your entire team... what more else do I need other than two DPOY (only 7 wings all-time) and a legit #2 punch in Pau who would flourish/embrace that role as he did for Kobe.
    Pau was a legit #2 punch in real life, meaning in an All-Time Game full of All-Time Greats he is not a good #2 punch...

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Pau was a legit #2 punch in real life, meaning in an All-Time Game full of All-Time Greats he is not a good #2 punch...
    Neither is Karl (get shut down by Rodman) Malone

Luckily for me he can be my #3 option then behind Curry/Clyde.

Yeah I would love to have a guy getting shut down still getting me 24/11/3/1.5.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast