Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    i actually agree, id be all for giving Brown the President role. If Battier is in a FO now thats def better, i dont know whats hes been doing but being under Riley is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by STRIKERC View Post
    I honestly think Brett Brown at this point has or should have as much of an input/contribution to basketball operations as anybody else in this league. That's why i don't believe it will be a steep learning curve for any incoming GM.

And if i'm not mistaken Shane Battier is currently a member of the Miami heat front office working under Pat Riley. He's ready.
    He is and was highly considered for 2 other jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i actually agree, id be all for giving Brown the President role. If Battier is in a FO now thats def better, i dont know whats hes been doing but being under Riley is a good thing.
    Heís head of analytics.

1. Hinkie
    2. Battier
    3. Griffin

Hinkie isnt coming back, i think fans need to let that idea go. No interest in Griffin either

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    Hinkie isnt coming back, i think fans need to let that idea go. No interest in Griffin either
    No interest in Griffin because you have no interest in LeBron...

Quote Originally Posted by godunkadunk8 View Post
    Pretty much. And thatís why Griffin will be high on their list too. You think ownership doesnít want LeBron? Or those ties to the Spurs to get Kawhi?

What if they made Griffin Prez of Bball Ops and Battier GM?

Quote Originally Posted by godunkadunk8 View Post
    i guess it plays a role but i dont think Griffin did a particularly good job as GM in Clev overall. Apparently Zarren turned down the job before we offered it to Hinkie so I would assume he gets serious consideration again if BC is dumped

I honestly don't get the preference for Griffin because of LeBron argument.

Wasn't it rumored that Lebron or his people had something to do with his firing in Cleveland?
    How has he suddenly become the go to guy for all things Lebron?

Aside from that Battier has played with Bron so there's a connection there as well. Why are we ignoring that?

And i see Griffin the same way i see Colangelo. A guy who'll come in and try to take credit and when that fails he and/or his wife will get pissed and take to twitter lol

Ok, that last part is pure comedy

So after reading about Zarren i now have two on my wish list. Him and Battier.
    He's a Hinkie type.

Michael Zarren - Assistant GM and Team Counsel

A lifelong Celtics fan and season ticket holder, Michael Zarren is now the Celticsí Assistant General Manager and Team Counsel. Now in his tenth year with the team after starting as an unpaid intern, Zarren is widely recognized as one of the leaders in the field of advanced statistical analysis of basketball players and teams, and is an important part of the teamís strategic planning and player personnel evaluation processes. Zarren is also the teamís salary cap expert and lead in-house counsel (for both basketball and business-side issues), and is responsible for the development of new technologies for team use, including the teamís best-in-class statistical database and video archive/delivery system.

A graduate of Harvard Law School (where he served as editor-in-chief of the Harvard Journal of Law and Technology) and of the University of Chicago, Zarren has also served as a law clerk on the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Zarren was also previously a management consultant for Fortune 500 firms across a wide variety of industries. A native of Swampscott, Zarren is a member of the bars of New York and Massachusetts and of the Board of Overseers of The Waring School.

So after reading about Zarren i now have two on my wish list. Him and Battier.
    He's a Hinkie type.
    I'd be happy with Zarren too. Definitely a smart guy.

I'm all for Battier though. LeBron's thoughts on Battier...

https://www.slamonline.com/uncategor...in-basketball/

remove my not wanting lebron from this but i dont think anyone should be hanging their hopes on hiring someone just bcuz there is a connection to him. then what if we dont sign him? there is no need to go make concessions for him and put the future of the franchise in any possible jeopardy. hire the guy who will be good at the job regardless if James signs here or not.

I honestly don't get the preference for Griffin because of LeBron argument.

Wasn't it rumored that Lebron or his people had something to do with his firing in Cleveland?
    How has he suddenly become the go to guy for all things Lebron?

Aside from that Battier has played with Bron so there's a connection there as well. Why are we ignoring that?

And i see Griffin the same way i see Colangelo. A guy who'll come in and try to take credit and when that fails he and/or his wife will get pissed and take to twitter lol

Ok, that last part is pure comedy
    No Lebron and his people were pissed Griffin was let go.

No one is ignoring the Battier/LeBron connection, I think many are too hard leaning on the not enough experience. Sometimes itís a guy like that who comes in and surprises everyone by being really good.

I think it was Windhorst saying this, and I agree - I donít think Lebron really cares who the GM is. As long as itís not Colangelo. If he wants to play with Ben and Embiid and/or if staying in the East means anything to him thatís a wrap.

His decision isnít going to be because David Griffin or whoever is the GM. If he doesnít come here itís because Chris Paul and James Harden recruited the **** out of him or because heís tempted enough by the prospects of playing in LA with Paul George. I still think itís overwhelmingly likely Lebron is coming to Philly.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast