Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are you in Favor of an Automated Strike Zone?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 66.67%
  • No

5 33.33%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by ODB13 View Post
    Wonderful. So what are we arguing about? It's a preference.
    Yours makes no sense to the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Yours makes no sense to the rest of us.

Hey, friend. Let's do an experiment, you and me. Go back to the post where I wrote, in response to you personally, that "it's perfectly understandable that you don't understand."

And while you're there, read the post, which you obviously still haven't. Take a fraction of the time you've spent intentionally ignoring it to encountering it. You will see, surely, that I'm not arguing with you, but merely explaining the underlying cognitive tendencies that cause the difference in value systems between the two camps. Not arguing.

OK? Can we try that?

Manfred: Strike Zone Technology Moving Quickly

Quote Originally Posted by ODB13 View Post
    Hey, friend. Let's do an experiment, you and me. Go back to the post where I wrote, in response to you personally, that "it's perfectly understandable that you don't understand."

And while you're there, read the post, which you obviously still haven't. Take a fraction of the time you've spent intentionally ignoring it to encountering it. You will see, surely, that I'm not arguing with you, but merely explaining the underlying cognitive tendencies that cause the difference in value systems between the two camps. Not arguing.

OK? Can we try that?
    I posted a summary of your thoughts. I thought we reached an understanding. What donít you understand? People think your opinion is different and silly. THAT is the discussion.

No I donít want to go backwards. I read your posts back to where I jumped in. I canít change truth for you. Youíll have to accept truth.

Itís okay for your opinion to be perceived as different and silly since no children were separated from their families. No one thinks your opinion makes you a bad person. That was lighthearted humor - lest you misconstrue my communication device.

Last edited by Dugmet; 06-21-2018 at 07:30 AM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I posted a summary of your thoughts. I thought we reached an understanding. What donít you understand? People think your opinion is different and silly. THAT is the discussion.

No I donít want to go backwards. I read your posts back to where I jumped in. I canít change truth for you. Youíll have to accept truth.

Itís okay for your opinion to be perceived as different and silly since no children were separated from their families. No one thinks your opinion makes you a bad person. That was lighthearted humor - lest you misconstrue my communication device.

When one is so certain of themselves that they believe to weild nothing short of the objective, absolute truth, which must simply be accepted as such by others, it's time to move on.

It's been fun, fellas, but we've reached the end of the road on this one.

Neat.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Neat.
    Are you asking a question or explaining? I can't tell the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Neato!

I can't wait for technology to take over. There are way too many incompetent umpires headed by guys like Angel Hernandez and CB Bucknor who probably aren't qualified to run a Dunkin Donuts, nevermind call strikes, balls, etc.

I saw at least 5 ridiculous calls tonight in the Mets/Pirates game (including an umpire not knowing there was a force play at 3rd base with men on 1st and 2nd on a groundball). Its time.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I can't wait for technology to take over. There are way too many incompetent umpires headed by guys like Angel Hernandez and CB Bucknor who probably aren't qualified to run a Dunkin Donuts, nevermind call strikes, balls, etc.

I saw at least 5 ridiculous calls tonight in the Mets/Pirates game (including an umpire not knowing there was a force play at 3rd base with men on 1st and 2nd on a groundball). Its time.
    Unfortunately, you are right. It shouldnít be too hard to call balls and strikes correctly but apparently for some of these grudge holding, biased morons, it is.

The solution should be to fire these asshats and get some competent ones but thatíll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

I couldn't agree more. I want consistency and accuracy when it comes to calling balls and strikes. Pretty much every game I watch has a handful of terrible ball/strike calls. They're not even consistently terrible either, one team gets a call and the other team doesn't get the same call.

I don't care one bit about the human element. An ump calling balls and strikes inconsistently and inaccurately doesn't make the game more enjoyable to me, it's just a source of frustration. The sooner this happens the better.

You know how to fix everything. You dont let bad umps continue to ump they should get sent to the minors or released if they can get there **** together

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314