Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    Pastrnak is a great comparable in my mind. Hard nosed, tenacious, good hangs, great at finding a way to get the puck to the net from anywhere on the ice. I absolutely love Pastrnak and desperately wanted us to make a pitch for him last off-season when Boston couldn't get a deal done, so if Farabee can turn into that I will be elated. He may end up as more of a Parise type, but I see a lot of Pastrnak's qualities in him and that is something I am incredibly excited about. Either way, Farabee has a high floor and a high ceiling and we should be excited about him.
    Honestly, I think we all forget how good Parise was before the knee injuries (and the massive contract he got with MIN)... he's one hell of a player, both offensively and defensively.

If Farabee is a consistent 30 goal scorer (like Parise) and routinely puts up 0.8 PPG or more (like Parise), that's a great draft pick. I'd be thrilled with that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Honestly, I think we all forget how good Parise was before the knee injuries (and the massive contract he got with MIN)... he's one hell of a player, both offensively and defensively.

If Farabee is a consistent 30 goal scorer (like Parise) and routinely puts up 0.8 PPG or more (like Parise), that's a great draft pick. I'd be thrilled with that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Funny, Parise was probably the last big time free agent we were in on. I remember all the reports about how we offered him more money than Minnesota and he declined. A good lesson to be learned there about free agency and making moves; sure, it's possible, but no matter how much money you throw at a player or how many pieces you add to a trade, sometimes deals just don't get done. That's not to say GMs don't try, but at the end of the day a player can only end up in one spot and there are 31 teams in this league vying to create the best possible roster each off-season. The good GMs find a way to get it done when it matters most though, and we are approaching the do or die time of this franchise. Once Hart is here (or whatever goalie decides to take the reigns and be the guy) it will be time to go full throttle. We're almost there..

But Ace, I agree. Parise was such a great player back then and hopefully Farabee can get close to that ceiling, if not break through it to the next level. We won't know for a while, but I have a lot of confidence in him as a prospect.

I'm hoping to get out to the Skate Zone either Friday or Saturday after work for the 5:30pm sessions and then maybe Sunday as well. If anyone is going let me know! Really excited to see O'Brien, I have a good feeling about this kid. Paul Stewart had a good write up on HockeyBuzz about his connections to the family and had a lot of good things to say about him as a player. Said he reminds him a lot of a young Jeremy Roenick in his style of play, puck skills, shooting ability, competitiveness, and agitator streak. Exceptional skater, good on both edges, solid two-way instincts. Can't wait to see it for myself!

Strangely enough, Roenick came through Thayer Academy, the same school, O'Brien did.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Strangely enough, Roenick came through Thayer Academy, the same school, O'Brien did.
    And Amonte

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    And Amonte
    It's my understanding O'Brien broke Amonte's goal record as well.

Also. How many different teams/times did Roenick and Amonte play together?

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post

At the same time or generally

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    At the same time or generally
    Like, I know in the pros, they were on numerous teams together. Plus thayer, plus USA. Kinda ridiculous

And in the pros they were often linemates

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post

He did. Amonte had 35 goals in a season. O'Brien had 43 this past year. With Amonte as his coach.

Imagine that.

2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    He did. Amonte had 35 goals in a season. O'Brien had 43 this past year. With Amonte as his coach.

Imagine that.
    Surprised the coach didn't take him off the power play to preserve his own record.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122