Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins the NBA Finals?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cavs in 4

    5 8.33%
  • Cavs in 5

    0 0%
  • Cavs in 6

    4 6.67%
  • Cavs in 7

    3 5.00%
  • Warriors in 4

    17 28.33%
  • Warriors in 5

    26 43.33%
  • Warriors in 6

    4 6.67%
  • Warriors in 7

    1 1.67%
Page 134 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3136
  1. #1996
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    71,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    The crab dribble has been a legit basketball move for over a decade and you're still whining about it?
    Bruh, you know the difference I would hope. He legit travels all the time. Watch him take an inbounds pass and take 3 steps before dribbling. Of course he isn't the only one, but there were some last night that were awful. Crab dribble, lulz. GTFO with that.

    The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS


    #15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

  2. #1997
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,247
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Bruh, you know the difference I would hope. He legit travels all the time. Watch him take an inbounds pass and take 3 steps before dribbling. Of course he isn't the only one, but there were some last night that were awful. Crab dribble, lulz. GTFO with that.
    Know your crab dribble rules, fam.
    The Baker is coming.


  3. #1998
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It looked to me like Bell was holding LeBron to keep him from going towards the ball.

    LeBron just said **** it and threw him off of him out of frustration.

    Not a big deal, considering Bell was the one that initiated contact and was holding.

    The worst call/non-call in the game was Steph and Klay undercutting LeBron on the long pass and there being no whistle. There was a ton of contact and they just gave the ball back to GS. That was freaking insane.
    LeBron’s a victim of his own greatness in this sense. Dudes built like a truck so refs don’t think he’s impacted by the contact he has to absorb on most of his drives. It’s not a sentiment you should expect to see from a faction of posters here though.....

  4. #1999
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,247
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    LeBron’s a victim of his own greatness in this sense. Dudes built like a truck so refs don’t think he’s impacted by the contact he has to absorb on most of his drives. It’s not a sentiment you should expect to see from a faction of posters here though.....
    Yeah, agreed.

    I mean, Draymond poked/burst a blood vessel in his eye, and when he went down you had guys crying about how he should've just gotten straight up and nothing happened.

    Idk, man. This thread is just filled with haters on both sides and illogical takes all around - much easier to sit back and read. Too much ref complaining on both sides.

    It was a lot easier analyzing the games of the Pacers and Celtics series.
    The Baker is coming.


  5. #2000
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    32,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It looked to me like Bell was holding LeBron to keep him from going towards the ball.

    LeBron just said **** it and threw him off of him out of frustration.

    Not a big deal, considering Bell was the one that initiated contact and was holding.

    The worst call/non-call in the game was Steph and Klay undercutting LeBron on the long pass and there being no whistle. There was a ton of contact and they just gave the ball back to GS. That was freaking insane.
    Bell was holding his ground and never held anything. He doesn't have to give up his space and allow LeBron to get past him. Bell's right arm bent into LeBron's space a tiny bit, and they didn't call it, and then LeBron threw a backwards elbow to his hip and threw him down. That's a flagrant by any stretch and that is where they blew the whistle. They just knew LeBron would go bananas if they called the foul on him because they had a couple bad calls against him on the other end right before.

    To me, that was clearly a situation where the refs let the player and the moment blind them from making a proper call. Should have been a double foul at worst.

  6. #2001
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,247
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Bell was holding his ground and never held anything. He doesn't have to give up his space and allow LeBron to get past him. Bell's right arm bent into LeBron's space a tiny bit, and they didn't call it, and then LeBron threw a backwards elbow to his hip and threw him down. That's a flagrant by any stretch and that is where they blew the whistle. They just knew LeBron would go bananas if they called the foul on him because they had a couple bad calls against him on the other end right before.

    To me, that was clearly a situation where the refs let the player and the moment blind them from making a proper call. Should have been a double foul at worst.
    I disagree.

    I think Bell clearly had his arm into LeBron's body to try to deter him. If you pause the video at 5 seconds and 6 seconds, he's clearly out of position (no longer in front), but still has his arm lodged underneath LeBron's and into his torso.

    That's holding. You don't have to be clinching someone with your fingers to hold.

    With that said, I'd be okay with a double foul, because LeBron's reaction was definitely a foul as well. But my point is that Bell was the one that initiated contact with his body, and when LeBron GOT AROUND him, Bell still had his arm in there to try to deter LeBron's movement.

    Edit: Here's the video... pause at 5 and 6 seconds and you see that Bell is beat based on position. He's no longer in front of LeBron - he's impeding him with his arm.

    The Baker is coming.


  7. #2002
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It looked to me like Bell was holding LeBron to keep him from going towards the ball.

    LeBron just said **** it and threw him off of him out of frustration.

    Not a big deal, considering Bell was the one that initiated contact and was holding.

    The worst call/non-call in the game was Steph and Klay undercutting LeBron on the long pass and there being no whistle. There was a ton of contact and they just gave the ball back to GS. That was freaking insane.
    I'm conflicted on that play and admit I don't fully know the rules. When LeBron went up he didn't have the ball so I felt he was equally responsible for the contact, hence the no call.

  8. #2003
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I'm conflicted on that play and admit I don't fully know the rules. When LeBron went up he didn't have the ball so I felt he was equally responsible for the contact, hence the no call.
    In the scenario where guys run into each other going for the ball (FWIW, LeBron leaps up while Steph and Klay slam into him trying to get to the ball), they ALWAYS call the foul on the guy who doesn't end up with the ball in loose ball situations. There was clear contact on the play and should've been a foul on Stephen Curry.

    Then they t'd up Lue for complaining even though they got the call/non-call wrong. While everyone has to watch Dray throw tantrum after tantrum all the time and escape without getting t'd up for a lot of it.

    That's the frustration for non-Dubs fans.

    The Baker is coming.


  9. #2004
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It looked to me like Bell was holding LeBron to keep him from going towards the ball.

    LeBron just said **** it and threw him off of him out of frustration.

    Not a big deal, considering Bell was the one that initiated contact and was holding.

    The worst call/non-call in the game was Steph and Klay undercutting LeBron on the long pass and there being no whistle. There was a ton of contact and they just gave the ball back to GS. That was freaking insane.
    hehe ... Bell created the contact when LeBron went into him to cross the lane? Really?

    I don't remember the Curry/Klay fouling LeBron ... video link? I'd like to see. *edit* Okay I saw it. I've seen those calls go multiple ways, but I'd have no issue with it being a foul on Klay or Curry either there was plenty of contact and LeBron got the ball so I'm fine with that. On the technical, I have no idea what Lue said to get that but it was a quick whistle.
    Last edited by Scoots; 06-04-2018 at 01:01 PM.

  10. #2005
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,247
    I see people trashing Van Gundy and Jackson about giving their opinions - that's what makes them interesting. They tend to be pretty objective (even if they're wrong sometimes).

    I get the sense that they're tired of poor officiating themselves. Don't get mad at them for calling it out just because it's negative towards the team you're rooting for.
    The Baker is coming.


  11. #2006
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    hehe ... Bell created the contact when LeBron went into him to cross the lane? Really?

    I don't remember the Curry/Klay fouling LeBron ... video link? I'd like to see.
    Bell was face guarding him - he initiated contact to try to keep LeBron from catching the ball. It's clear as day.

    I posted the video of Curry/Klay fouling LeBron on the outlet pass.
    The Baker is coming.


  12. #2007
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Bell was face guarding him - he initiated contact to try to keep LeBron from catching the ball. It's clear as day.

    I posted the video of Curry/Klay fouling LeBron on the outlet pass.
    I edited my post about the Curry/Klay/LeBron contact.

    Bell was face guarding LeBron and LeBron steps directly into Bell and then pushes him across the lane and locks down Bell's arm then throws him with the other arm. By rule the defensive player is allowed to maintain his space and position. That's not the way it's called usually, but that is the rule, and LeBron clearly initiated contact with Bell.

    I think that was a make up call.

  13. #2008
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    26,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    In the scenario where guys run into each other going for the ball (FWIW, LeBron leaps up while Steph and Klay slam into him trying to get to the ball), they ALWAYS call the foul on the guy who doesn't end up with the ball in loose ball situations. There was clear contact on the play and should've been a foul on Stephen Curry.

    Then they t'd up Lue for complaining even though they got the call/non-call wrong. While everyone has to watch Dray throw tantrum after tantrum all the time and escape without getting t'd up for a lot of it.

    That's the frustration for non-Dubs fans.

    We can play this game all day, but yeah I think that should have been an out-of-bounds call on the Warriors. Granted, when you make 60 foot passes in traffic you are taking a big risk.

    To be clear, the Warriors are not winning these games because of the refs. They are winning because they are posting a 128 offensive rating. The Cavs have been getting all the offensive rebounds and they have a slightly better foul-drawn rate, but you can't win a series with their defense against the Warriors offense. They are not a worthy Finals contender, sorry. The East has to do better.

  14. #2009
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    71,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    In the scenario where guys run into each other going for the ball (FWIW, LeBron leaps up while Steph and Klay slam into him trying to get to the ball), they ALWAYS call the foul on the guy who doesn't end up with the ball in loose ball situations. There was clear contact on the play and should've been a foul on Stephen Curry.

    Then they t'd up Lue for complaining even though they got the call/non-call wrong. While everyone has to watch Dray throw tantrum after tantrum all the time and escape without getting t'd up for a lot of it.

    That's the frustration for non-Dubs fans.

    Lebron came back jumping in to the contact though, the pass was short. Lebron was the one who initiated the contact.

    The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS


    #15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

  15. #2010
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    hehe ... Bell created the contact when LeBron went into him to cross the lane? Really?

    I don't remember the Curry/Klay fouling LeBron ... video link? I'd like to see. *edit* Okay I saw it. I've seen those calls go multiple ways, but I'd have no issue with it being a foul on Klay or Curry either there was plenty of contact and LeBron got the ball so I'm fine with that. On the technical, I have no idea what Lue said to get that but it was a quick whistle.
    Yeah, we all know that if the wrong thing is said, it can warrant a tech. I don't see Lue cussing a ref out or anything at all - it's not really how he operates. I just think the refs got mad and took it out on the Cavs for complaining.

    But I agree with Van Gundy, who later went on to say that the refs give more rope/leeway to guys who complain ALL the time (like Dray and LeBron) and absolutely no leeway to guys who rarely/never complain. It shouldn't really operate that way.

    We've seen Dray hunt down referees, get in their faces and yell at them - and not get T's. So unless Lue said something like, "**** you", which I strongly, strongly doubt, I don't think he should've been t'd up.
    The Baker is coming.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •