Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Just a random thought...

I'm not saying I'm a Jeff Wilpon fan and he is his father's son after all, but I do think he'll invest more in the team and be more open to modern analytics than his father. Still though, right now it's Fred's team and Fred Wilpon is one of the worst owners in all of sports.
    So for years, Fred and Jeff wanted us to believe that Jeff was a minor league catcher in the Expos organization, that he was drafted out of high school. When i heard this i found it remarkable because Jeff attended tony Roslyn High School, hardly a bastian of competitive high school ball. Further inspection showed that it was a paper draft.

The Expos drafted Jeff as a courtesy to Fred. First day of training camp Jeff was cut. But that didn't stop Fred and the Mets from touting young Jeff as a former minor league catcher.

My point: I don't trust their competence or professionalism as baseball executives AT ALL.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Fred and Jeff Wilpon are kinda like the baseball versions of Jerry and Stephen Jones... just cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Mets News and Updates

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

The Expos drafted Jeff as a courtesy to Fred. First day of training camp Jeff was cut. But that didn't stop Fred and the Mets from touting young Jeff as a former minor league catcher.
    Its all in good fun.

I could tell you that Im a nationally recognized singer bc u probably heard me sing on ABC every Saturday AM in the 1970s80s. Every child snd some parents heard me. But no. I cant sing for ****, but its kinda fun telling u that bc it is true.

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

The Greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Its all in good fun.

I could tell you that Im a nationally recognized singer bc u probably heard me sing on ABC every Saturday AM in the 1970s80s. Every child snd some parents heard me. But no. I cant sing for ****, but its kinda fun telling u that bc it is true.

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk
    lol, as a regular at the Thursday night karaoke bar, I would love to hear more!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

lol, as a regular at the Thursday night karaoke bar, I would love to hear more!
    Schoolhouse Rock. My friends dad was the art director. Sometimes they needed kids to sing along, speak lines, etc.

The Greatest.

Just a random thought...

I'm not saying I'm a Jeff Wilpon fan and he is his father's son after all, but I do think he'll invest more in the team and be more open to modern analytics than his father. Still though, right now it's Fred's team and Fred Wilpon is one of the worst owners in all of sports.
    I been saying g this for a couple of years, I think Baby Huey will spend more than scrooge mcduck, but problem is Baby Huey might get too involve like a Dolan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schoolhouse Rock. My friends dad was the art director. Sometimes they needed kids to sing along, speak lines, etc.
    Conjunction junction?
    Verb?
    Lolly, Lolly, Lolly get your adverbs here?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

That’s wild!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I been saying g this for a couple of years, I think Baby Huey will spend more than scrooge mcduck, but problem is Baby Huey might get too involve like a Dolan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What's worse?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

What's worse?
    Dolan. The answer is always Dolan. The Knicks are the worst run franchise in the four major North American sports, and it ain't even close. Jimmy Dolan is an awful owner, and a terrible human being.

I would gladly buy a Fred Wilpon jersey for a thousand dollars and wear it every year on Fred Wilpon Appreciation Day, and celebrate it each year on the anniversary of my mother's death, if it meant getting rid of James Dolan.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    So for years, Fred and Jeff wanted us to believe that Jeff was a minor league catcher in the Expos organization, that he was drafted out of high school. When i heard this i found it remarkable because Jeff attended tony Roslyn High School, hardly a bastian of competitive high school ball. Further inspection showed that it was a paper draft.

My point: I don't trust their competence or professionalism as baseball executives AT ALL.
    X2!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Looking Great Ladies!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849