Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    This.

It's why I wanted them to bring up Evans. At least give a guy a chance to fail.
    And am with you here. Guys not a getting a chance is what leads to a guy like Turner just being let go and I was never a Turner believer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Have to laugh at the idea that McNeil isn't being brought up because he's not ready. Ty Kelly, Yeah. Drew Gagnon. Yeah.
    Those guys are placeholders. They're not expected to become anything. Meanwhile, they're actually trying to develop McNeil. Which means not promoting him to play out of position in his first big league stint.

And yeah, you could move Cabby to third, and expose him further as a defensive liability, while also making him a locker room malcontent. Or you could look at the standings and stop worrying.

Either deGrom or Syndergaard would be the belle of the July 31 ball if they were truly available, the centerpiece of a blockbuster haul that would dwarf the return for pending free agent Manny Machado ó but it doesnít sound as though the Mets are serious about moving them. While theyíre already taking a beating in some quarters for that, I canít quite get on board.

Via ESPNís Buster Olney, the New York PostĎs Joel Sherman and The Athleticís Ken Rosenthal, the Mets will likely pursue a new GM from outside the organization after the season is over; while Ricco will be considered, heís clearly not the favorite. If thatís the case, it makes more sense for that process to play out before a final decision about trading the aces, who will still have multiple years of control remaining. Find a new GM who can articulate a realistic vision for the organization going forward, whether or not it includes maintaining deGrom and Syndergaard. Maybe this miracle worker can convince the Wilpons to spend like a team in the countryís largest market, to go big after a Machado or a Bryce Harper this winter while maintaining the pair.
    fangraphs

In that same post, Rosenthal dedicates significant space to the Metsí situation. He advises not to be distracted by reports suggesting shifting winds on the teamís stance regarding controllable aces Jacob deGrom and Noah Syndergaard. The organization, Rosenthal suggests, must be and is willing to consider offers on either hurler. Of course, thereís also no need to strike a deal and the Mets have little cause to discount hefty sticker prices on both pitchers. This assessment of the circumstances aligns with common sense. After all, if a rival organization dangles a truly compelling trade package, the Mets could certainly face some tough choices. But thereís no reason to forego the opportunity to make those determinations before theyíre even presented.
    The Athletic

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Zach Braziller@NYPost_Brazille

Mickey Callaway says no Jeff McNeil because he's strictly a second baseman.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Then move Cabrera to third instead of giving us Reyes there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Then move Cabrera to third instead of giving us Reyes there.

it's not brain surgery.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Since 6/29 (3 day layoff), Rosario is posting a slashline of .259/.429/.481wOBA .357

He is making a concerted effort to be more patient at the plate.

Walk rate 22.2% to a strikeout rate 11.1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Since 6/29 (3 day layoff), Rosario is posting a slashline of .259/.429/.481wOBA .357

He is making a concerted effort to be more patient at the plate.

Walk rate 22.2% to a strikeout rate 11.1%.
    That's more like it.

https://twitter.com/mattehalt/status...026126849?s=21

Letís jump for joy!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    That's more like it.
    4 of those 8 walks were intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    4 of those 8 walks were intentional.
    Well, the lowered K rate is still impressive.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    From what I read on Bleacher Report, the two most likely players that have value are Familia and Cabrera.

The best thing post-7/31 is to give one of the guys in the minors an opportunity, but I wouldn't be surprised if they move the over the hill Reyes to 2B.

After watching MC start Reyes over Rosario today at SS, that showed ineptitude.

Most of the time I was willing to give MC some slack, despite his poor decision making because he's a rookie manager, but today hit the jackpot. I'm sure the move 'helped' Rosario's confidence, especially since he was in a solid hitting groove.

You guys should check out on Facebook a die hard fan who is on a mission, "Fire Mickey Calloway".

http://www.firemickey.com/
    I'm With You Mr. Met - Terrible Ownership

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

They are considering demoting Smith.

Here is my thing, you called the kid up and play him mostly at LF and about once or twice a week and when he sucks itís time to send him down.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.

Here is my thing, you called the kid up and play him mostly at LF and about once or twice a week and when he sucks itís time to send him down.

Remember, management knows best........
    I'm With You Mr. Met - Terrible Ownership

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

While I understand that we all want to see the young guys playing, he hasn't shown anything in his at-bats so far. Not last year, and certainly not this year. At some point you're only going to play as much as your production warrants. And right now Dom isn't earning any time.

Nimmo had an even harder road, and he earned it by getting hits.

I also understand the unfairness of Jose Reyes starting six games in a row with a .167 average. But this is his farewell tour, so who cares. Doesn't mean Dom should be playing.

Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast