Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Nightflyer Sell that prospect game

The rules are you pick 1 prospect, you can not pick the same prospect as someone else, and tell us why you think the Kings should draft that prospect give us all the positives of the player you pick and you can talk about the negatives of other players to make us think they aren't the pick for the Kings

MPJ:

Measurables:
    Hight: 6'9.5" with out shoes
    Wing span: 7'.25"
    Standing reach: 9' .5"

He is a huge SF that can slide to PF easily and in some cases SG. Perfect for the modern NBA of positionless basketball. Literally the best in his class until an injury took him out of the year of proving in his first an only year in college basketball.

What do we know about MPJ besides he obvious measurables?

Shooting: He had even as a senoir in HS a 3 ball that extended passed the 3 point line. Shooting 47% from beyond the arc. He mid-range was a thing of beauty and he seemed to have the shot where you execpted it to drop for him.

Athleticism: He although not the most athletic player, he was more athletic than most at that size. He was able to play above the rim when he had the ball. Also having a good second bounce which he used as he crashed the glass hard on the offensive side to get easy buckets and to average a large amount of rebounds.

His handle was pretty good, but he mostly used it to get in a spot for a jump shot or to bait and drive by an opponent. Be wasn't an ankle breaker, but he was effective.

Intangibles:
    His mom and dad played some ball in their days, so he has the DNA to back up his skills. His whole family is a basketball camp it seems. He has been working his whole life for this like a destiny.

Pairing his size, strength, athleticism, shooting, handle, intangibles, and put them together you find a player with legendary potential. When you evaluate a player, is there a prospect that you say at his highest could be legendary? LeBron was one. Do you feel that MPJ has that ceiling? The next statement will get every one all crazy but it needs to be said. He compares VERY close to KD. After Ingram was supposed to be the second coming and has failed thus far, i know know one wants to hear it. But there HS senior stats are pretty close and so where their measurables.

I now say, MPJ deserves a look at a #1 overall pick in the 2018 draft.
    Last edited by sneak; 05-27-2018 at 09:06 PM.

you can name who you are doing and just add the info in when you are ready

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
    The rules are you pick 1 prospect, you can not pick the same prospect as someone else, and tell us why you think the Kings should draft that prospect give us all the positives of the player you pick and you can talk about the negatives of other players to make us think they aren't the pick for the Kings
    Can we do a player that isn't projected to go top 5?

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Yeah you may so if you wanna do the Bridges or Sexton or whoever go for it you

Argument against...

Doncic: not too athletic, will he be able to defend in the nba? Is he fast enough to be a star offensively?

Ayton: lost on defense, and Centers don't make your team contenders.

Bagley: bad bid man defense, and not a stretch big. How for can athleticism get you?

JJJ: just raw... he has a lot to learn, small role in college/ will a bigger role against much better players sink his upside?

Porter for the win!

In before close, lol

Trae Young:

Trae Young... someone that will not amaze you with physical measurments, his stats just might, and his highlights will, unless you are dead!

Offense:
    At this point he doesn't poss a real threat from the mid range, and for us that follow the Kings, that would be a welcomed site. We are the Kings of the mid-range, that doesn't do much in the current NBA. So on that point, Trae does what works right now in the NBA.

His 3fg% only ended up at 36% but he started HOT then he has literally whole defensive strategies against him. He already knows at a collegiate level a defensive scheme to try to stop him. So yes, it came down to a flame throwing freashman year %, of 36%, but he is going to have a wide open floor on the next level to kill opponents defense.

Driving:
    If he wasn't shooting 3s in the face of every defender he could step in front of he would use his great handle to pass them with the threat of a 3 pointer from the half court line, at which point he would be at the rim in no time. If there is one thing to his game to step up is finishing @ the rim. I think this is a slam dunk on the next level with all the time and training he will have to develop it.

Assisting:
    So if he wasn't hitting a 3 on the whole defense 7' beyond the 3 point line or trying to spin a lay up off the rim he was dropping an absurd amount of dimes on your favorite team. Averaging a crazy 8.7 a game. Ohww my goodNESS!

Handle: elite...

Nba's MVP Curry knows exactly how to play like Trae... wait... that's in the wrong order, you get my point.

It is strange that he is not at the top of most draft boards, but in my opinion he should even be debated and thought about as a top prospect in this year's draft.
    Last edited by sneak; 05-29-2018 at 11:25 PM.

All I have to say about Doncic is this:

What if he went to North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, or Kentucky last year? What if he lead that team and averaged 20 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists? And what if he lead that team to an NCAA National Championship as a Freshman? If he accomplished all that, wouldn't he be the consensus #1 pick?

I bring this up because what he did in Europe at his age is essentially the same thing, if not even more impressive. He just won Euroleague MVP and lead them to a Championship as a teenager. He averaged roughly 16 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists in 26 minutes per game. If you calculate that for 36 minutes per game, we are talking about 22 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists. For the record, Ayton and Bagley averaged 33 minutes per night. And it's well known that the Euroleague is a tougher league than the NCAA, especially for young prospects. Most importantly, Doncic lead his team unquestionably in points, minutes, and FG attempts. Real Madrid's offense revolved around him.

So yeah, that's my argument for Doncic. Obviously if the Suns take Doncic, you take Ayton. Vlade doesn't need to get too cute here. If we had the 7th pick, you can get cute and go with your hunch. But we have the 2nd pick. Take the consensus BPA and don't screw it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol