Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You really think that sort of protective behavior is exclusive to black people? Come on now. There's apologists of every race for most any celebrity.
    Of course not. Cosby and Freeman are way more prominent and known compared to an Al Franken or Harvey Weinstein.

Itís the bigger the name and the more fond memories you associate them with that leads to protective behavior. I donít think it would be much different if somebody like Bill Nye was accused lol.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    who gives a ****. nothing he did was totally out of line. Why are women so up and arms now about being hit on and flirted with. As if women dont do **** like this.
    Agreed. He's 80 and touched 2 girls inappropriately

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Wait, so the guy that allegedly had an affair with his step granddaughter has also harassed a bunch of a women?

Shocking revelation...
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 05-24-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Hang him

I read up a lot on this cause this one hurts. Sounds like it's harassment, but didn't cross over to assault. Although trying to lift up a girls skirt several times may cross that line. Many women also said they saw they same thing (16 in total I believe), but several didn't want their names or stories put out there. Apparently they knew not to wear fitted clothing or anything that showed off their figure because Morgan would say something about it.

Maybe it's a generational thing, maybe he was overly friendly and inappropriate, maybe he's a pervert. I don't really know, but it sounds like he crossed the line.
    Last edited by mike_noodles; 05-28-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Of course not. Cosby and Freeman are way more prominent and known compared to an Al Franken or Harvey Weinstein.

Itís the bigger the name and the more fond memories you associate them with that leads to protective behavior. I donít think it would be much different if somebody like Bill Nye was accused lol.
    For example, nobody really talked about the Elmo situation because nobody sees his face. He's not in the public spotlight, but if it was Mr Rogers, people would have lost their minds.

There is a spectrum of behavior and at each point of the spectrum there are (or should be) specific names for those behaviors.According to https://jetwriters.com/street-harassment-essay/, "sexual harassment" has lost some of its punch because it might include unwanted advances among peers, and even "unwanted advances" isn't clear enough; it's really about the abuse of power. Was it aggressive, continuous, involve touching? Was there implied threat? We can't trivialize a woman's trauma in fending off assault (a la Weinstein) by putting it on equal ground as an interviewer being creeped out by Freeman commenting on her body. Freeman may have done a lot worse than that, but that's not part of this story yet.

Dont know the details but Freemanís behavior sounds typical of a time when it was ďpermissibleĒ for men to make suggestive comments to women under the guise of flirting. Now some women might be retro-fitting current attitudes to old behaviors. If Robin Williams was alive, Pam Dawber could probably ruin him with accusations of incidents on the set of Mork and Mindy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12