Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 184 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Yankee Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    It would take more than that. They'd ask for Torres+ as a starting point. Maaaaybe they'd go for something like a Frazier, Sheffield, Wade, Abreu, Drury type package. But even that I don't think gets it done tbh. They'd demand our entire farm imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    But we arent desperate. So we donít have to blow them out of the water with a package. Iím only trading for deGrom if the price is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    But we arent desperate. So we donít have to blow them out of the water with a package. Iím only trading for deGrom if the price is right.

Completely agree. Was just stating what I think it would take for us to get deGrom from NYM.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Mets need a bat and a CF. Frazier could be that. Austin could be the answer at first. I would offer Abreu or Acevedo and Adams for Degrom to make a realistic offer. But I don't want Degrom. He's great but on the wrong side of 30 and I don't want to give up top prospects for a pitcher that old.
    never mind......
    Last edited by YANKSGUY; 06-14-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

What about Michael Fulmer from the Tigers? Heard his name thrown around as trade bait .
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    What about Michael Fulmer from the Tigers? Heard his name thrown around as trade bait .
    I donít like him. His stuff used to be good but his numbers have just been great worse. Havenít really looked into the issue but he is walking batters, getting hit, and giving up more HRs. Maybe his FB has flattened out

assuming texas eats some money

I'm thinking it comes down to hammels for 1 1/2 yrs or happ for a 1/2 yr

depending on cost in talent
    I'm leaning towards happ but wouldn't be upset with hammels

both can help us IMO

a young johnny bench led the league in passed balls and got better

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I understand, but if the Yanks want a top Pitcher the other team is going to want the trade to start with Torres, Sanchez or Andujar. To think that a team would want Drury as a headliner is foolish.

The Angels could start a package around Maitan and Adell that upside is similar to what the Yankees got for Chapman.
    I understand the sentiment believe me, but the Yankees are going to trade Torres. I've even heard some writers think that the Yankees and Mets should trade Judge for DeGrom. Teams are always trying to get more from the Yankees than they get from anybody else and that's OK, they should try to get the maximum.

However, when the Astros made their two most recent trades for pitchers, the Yankees were informed that the Astros would have to trade their top prospects, but wound up trading significantly less. The other teams said that they wanted Torres to offset the Astros prospect and the Yankees said no and learned that it was only posturing. Those trades would have been for an unproven Torres that had no major league experience and was blocked at major league level by Didi Gregorius at SS, not a top Rookie of the year candidate Major League 2B with the ability to play SS or 3B with 12 HRs in 1 1/2 months.

The fact is that the Yankees aren't trading Torres, the Braves aren't trading Acuna, the Nationals aren't trading Soho, the Blu Jays aren't trading Vlad Guerrero, Jr., etc. Each team selects a couple of their best prospects and makes them untouchable. When agreement on any of the rest of what's available line up, there's a trade made.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I understand the sentiment believe me, but the Yankees are going to trade Torres. I've even heard some writers think that the Yankees and Mets should trade Judge for DeGrom. Teams are always trying to get more from the Yankees than they get from anybody else and that's OK, they should try to get the maximum.

However, when the Astros made their two most recent trades for pitchers, the Yankees were informed that the Astros would have to trade their top prospects, but wound up trading significantly less. The other teams said that they wanted Torres to offset the Astros prospect and the Yankees said no and learned that it was only posturing. Those trades would have been for an unproven Torres that had no major league experience and was blocked at major league level by Didi Gregorius at SS, not a top Rookie of the year candidate Major League 2B with the ability to play SS or 3B with 12 HRs in 1 1/2 months.

The fact is that the Yankees aren't trading Torres, the Braves aren't trading Acuna, the Nationals aren't trading Soho, the Blu Jays aren't trading Vlad Guerrero, Jr., etc. Each team selects a couple of their best prospects and makes them untouchable. When agreement on any of the rest of what's available line up, there's a trade made.
    I agree, its just not happening. The Yankees definitely could use a TORP, but they also could easily be considered the WS favorites right now, as currently constructed. I don't know how much motivation they should have to deal anyone from the ML roster. Dealing from the minors to get Hamels or Happ or the like, versus getting rid of Torres, Andujar and another piece or two for Degrom may be better in the short and long term for this team.

No Torres or Andujar in any Degrom trade reports John Heyman.

Thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by algreek3 View Post
    No Torres or Andujar in any Degrom trade reports John Heyman.

Thank god.
    i would trade andujar not torres....degrom is a ace pitcher signed for 2 more years.. how often you get a opportunity to get a pitcher of his caliber..

if the yanks lose cause their starting pitching was not good enough many yankee fans who did not wan't to get degrom will have egg on their faces...

What do you guys think it would take to get Happ from the Blue Jays?

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    What do you guys think it would take to get Happ from the Blue Jays?
    happ hamels they are not aces like degrom....

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    happ hamels they are not aces like degrom....
    I didn't say he was an ace I asked what did you guys think it would take to get to get Happ

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    assuming texas eats some money

I'm thinking it comes down to hammels for 1 1/2 yrs or happ for a 1/2 yr

depending on cost in talent
    I'm leaning towards happ but wouldn't be upset with hammels

both can help us IMO
    Hamels is a solid option. I donít think it would cost a ton of talent either

Page 6 of 184 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast