Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 184 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 2752
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I approve of this post
    Ditto

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    I'm not ok with trading Sheffield.

    Why trade a young lefty with #2 potential?

    I know he had a minor shoulder issue not too long ago but he didn't even think he needed to be taken out of that game. He could be called up after the all star break and become the next Severino.

    Degrom is not coming here unless we get raked over the coals to get him. Not worth it. I would rather go after Corbin. Should come much cheaper as he is a free agent after this year.

    Any of our home grown MLB players should not be traded. Core 4....how about Core 6 and counting...Bird or Austin, Torres, Andujar, Sanchez, Judge, Severino. Frazier, Sheffield, Florial all on the way. That's impressive. I say keep rolling with the kids, add starting pitching in Gray or what could have been Cole type trades using lesser prospects. Since our line-up is set for the next 5 plus years we can use our cash on starting pitching in free agency as needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I approve of this post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Ditto

    why ? because ever since revenue sharing 90% of the time you have to give to get

    not like the good old days when geogre could save the other teams from bad contracts

    I'm wondering if you guys remember the cole trade



    Cole-to-the-Yankees seemed like a possibility this offseason. But talks between the Bombers and Pirates centered on Clint Frazier and Nick Solak. Pittsburgh was more interested in top-tier youngsters Miguel Andujar and Gleyber Torres, while Brian Cashman wasn't willing to give them up.

    "We never got close on that," Cashman told the News' John Harper a few weeks ago.

    In the end, Cole was dealt to Houston for Colin Moran, Joe Musgrove and two prospects ó a move that could potentially haunt the Yankees for some time. Because not only were they unable to get their man, he ended up with the Astros, who knocked the Bombers out of the playoffs last season.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3964434

    a young johnny bench led the league in passed balls and got better

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    26,193
    Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    why ? because ever since revenue sharing 90% of the time you have to give to get

    not like the good old days when geogre could save the other teams from bad contracts

    I'm wondering if you guys remember the cole trade



    Cole-to-the-Yankees seemed like a possibility this offseason. But talks between the Bombers and Pirates centered on Clint Frazier and Nick Solak. Pittsburgh was more interested in top-tier youngsters Miguel Andujar and Gleyber Torres, while Brian Cashman wasn't willing to give them up.

    "We never got close on that," Cashman told the News' John Harper a few weeks ago.

    In the end, Cole was dealt to Houston for Colin Moran, Joe Musgrove and two prospects ó a move that could potentially haunt the Yankees for some time. Because not only were they unable to get their man, he ended up with the Astros, who knocked the Bombers out of the playoffs last season.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3964434
    I had said that I wouldn't love parting with Frazier for that trade but it would be ok if it was him and a couple other players.
    I'm glad he didn't pull the trigger by adding torres or andujar. I can live with the result.



    The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    43,275
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    I always like Corbin. When he was hitting 93-96, he was lights out earlier this season. Now he has settles in at 90-92 the last few outings Iíve watched. To me, there is just something to be valued about a guy that can just run it up there every day at 95-98, which DeGrom does. Iíd rather have degrom, but not if they are demanding Torres, Sheffield, or Andujar. I would like to explore a package (hehe) of Ross and Hand from SD.

    I think if the Mets were reasonable, they would(should) consider a package of Frazier OF, Drury IF/COF, Adams SP, Austin 1B, and Estrada MIF(or someone in this range). That gives them 3-4 players that are big league ready or nearly there.

    Possible offers for DeGrom:
    A) Frazier, Drury, Adams, Austin, Martinez
    B) Florial, Drury, Adams
    C) Frazier, Drury, Logasigna, Austin



    Figure anyway, theyíre getting a big league OF that still has a ton of potential, a IF that has a pretty good bat. A 1B that mashes lefties. And some arms.

    I think they all have appeal because they have big league ready talent in Frazier and Drury.

    I know it seems like I am talking out of both sides of my mouth but what I am saying is, I think the Mets are going to ask for a ton of prospects back (rightfully so) if they put him on the market. But I think they should be more concerned with getting near big league pieces back if they arenít gonna blow the whole thing up. If DeGrom goes and only fetches young prospects but they donít try to deal Cespedes and Familia, then they are clueless.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry these are garbage offers, especially for a top 5 pitcher in the game right now.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,396
    just for you kinko

    David Waldstein
    ‏Verified account @DavidWaldstein
    18m18 minutes ago

    Hal Steinbrenner spoke to a small group of reporters. He said the team has the payroll flexibility to add a pitcher, but the cost in prospects could prove the bigger hurdle. He said that, like the fans, he loves the young guys

    he certainly isn't his fathers son

    a young johnny bench led the league in passed balls and got better

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,856
    Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    just for you kinko

    David Waldstein
    ‏Verified account @DavidWaldstein
    18m18 minutes ago

    Hal Steinbrenner spoke to a small group of reporters. He said the team has the payroll flexibility to add a pitcher, but the cost in prospects could prove the bigger hurdle. He said that, like the fans, he loves the young guys

    he certainly isn't his fathers son
    Thank Goodness!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Sorry these are garbage offers, especially for a top 5 pitcher in the game right now.
    Hey Clay, I agree that those offers are light. I just wouldn't part with Torres, Andujar or Sheffield for anyone. However, some people insist that it has to be one or 2 of those three guys. I disagree, because the Yankees have tons of talent in the minors and majors.

    I guess it depends on whether the Mets are rebuilding or trading for a pennant run. I agree that Degrom is a top pitcher and I've seen him ranked as high as 7th. However, if you are trading for a pennant run, then you aren't trading DeGrom.

    At this point Torres and Andujar are both major leaguers and might possibly make the All Star Team. Andujar is second in the voting at 3B and Torres is the favorite for Rookie of the year. Each has what 7 years control and could be a foundation piece on the team. As could be Sheffield, who is the teams only LH pitching prospect with CC possibly retiring and no other LH pitchers in the rotation.


    The Yankees have stud pitchers in AA, including Acevedo, Abreu, Chase Adams in AAA, Loisanga is being called up from AA, because he is a rapidly rising star and there are many more pitchers. As for position players there are Drury, Austin, Estrada and tons of catchers and middle infielders, Florial who is the team's top OF prospect, who they call their CF of the future, expected to arrive in 2019 or 2020. Then you could always sprinkle in some very good major league talent like Romine, Aaron Hicks and / or Betances. There's plenty of material to put together a fair deal without trading the Mets Torres, Andujar or Sheffield.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    26,193
    Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    just for you kinko

    David Waldstein
    ‏Verified account @DavidWaldstein
    18m18 minutes ago

    Hal Steinbrenner spoke to a small group of reporters. He said the team has the payroll flexibility to add a pitcher, but the cost in prospects could prove the bigger hurdle. He said that, like the fans, he loves the young guys

    he certainly isn't his fathers son
    No he isn't. Thank goodness for that Although I love the Boss.
    And that should say "like RC" instead of fans



    The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    26,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Sorry these are garbage offers, especially for a top 5 pitcher in the game right now.
    Mets need a bat and a CF. Frazier could be that. Austin could be the answer at first. I would offer Abreu or Acevedo and Adams for Degrom to make a realistic offer. But I don't want Degrom. He's great but on the wrong side of 30 and I don't want to give up top prospects for a pitcher that old.



    The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Mets need a bat and a CF. Frazier could be that. Austin could be the answer at first. I would offer Abreu or Acevedo and Adams for Degrom to make a realistic offer. But I don't want Degrom. He's great but on the wrong side of 30 and I don't want to give up top prospects for a pitcher that old.
    DeGrom is 28 and controlled thru 2020. They said the same thing about Scherzer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    26,193
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    DeGrom is 28 and controlled thru 2020. They said the same thing about Scherzer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My mistake. He's 29 in 6 days.
    I would still be apprehensive about trading that many prospects for him. Personally, if the Mets would take Frazier, Wade, Acevedo and Abreu? I'd probably pull the trigger.



    The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,242
    Mets are not trading Degrom to the Yanks. And certainly not for what is being proposed here.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    43,275
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Hey Clay, I agree that those offers are light. I just wouldn't part with Torres, Andujar or Sheffield for anyone. However, some people insist that it has to be one or 2 of those three guys. I disagree, because the Yankees have tons of talent in the minors and majors.

    I guess it depends on whether the Mets are rebuilding or trading for a pennant run. I agree that Degrom is a top pitcher and I've seen him ranked as high as 7th. However, if you are trading for a pennant run, then you aren't trading DeGrom.

    At this point Torres and Andujar are both major leaguers and might possibly make the All Star Team. Andujar is second in the voting at 3B and Torres is the favorite for Rookie of the year. Each has what 7 years control and could be a foundation piece on the team. As could be Sheffield, who is the teams only LH pitching prospect with CC possibly retiring and no other LH pitchers in the rotation.


    The Yankees have stud pitchers in AA, including Acevedo, Abreu, Chase Adams in AAA, Loisanga is being called up from AA, because he is a rapidly rising star and there are many more pitchers. As for position players there are Drury, Austin, Estrada and tons of catchers and middle infielders, Florial who is the team's top OF prospect, who they call their CF of the future, expected to arrive in 2019 or 2020. Then you could always sprinkle in some very good major league talent like Romine, Aaron Hicks and / or Betances. There's plenty of material to put together a fair deal without trading the Mets Torres, Andujar or Sheffield.
    I understand, but if the Yanks want a top Pitcher the other team is going to want the trade to start with Torres, Sanchez or Andujar. To think that a team would want Drury as a headliner is foolish.

    The Angels could start a package around Maitan and Adell that upside is similar to what the Yankees got for Chapman.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    43,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Mets need a bat and a CF. Frazier could be that. Austin could be the answer at first. I would offer Abreu or Acevedo and Adams for Degrom to make a realistic offer. But I don't want Degrom. He's great but on the wrong side of 30 and I don't want to give up top prospects for a pitcher that old.
    Then I wish you luck beating Boston, Cleveland and Houston.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    My mistake. He's 29 in 6 days.
    I would still be apprehensive about trading that many prospects for him. Personally, if the Mets would take Frazier, Wade, Acevedo and Abreu? I'd probably pull the trigger.
    It would take more than that. They'd ask for Torres+ as a starting point. Maaaaybe they'd go for something like a Frazier, Sheffield, Wade, Abreu, Drury type package. But even that I don't think gets it done tbh. They'd demand our entire farm imo.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 184 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •