Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 184 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    lets just stop listing Torres as a trade chip. he is untouchable and honestly looks like our best player for the future. if cash is set on getting Manny then I guess miggy can be had for a top pitcher but honestly I love miggy and love we developed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I'm not saying don't trade guys. I'm only saying that if you part way with a talent like Frazier, it needs to be for more than a rental or more than a pitcher over 28 years old. The pitcher would have to be on the level of Sevy or a half step below to include him in a package.

If you want a guy who is a 2 or 3? and want to throw Adams, Austin, Wade and guys like that? Sure
    You have super unrealistic expectations of trade value. Frazier isnít the centerpiece for a Severino type and that package doesnít get you a #2. I mean good god, how would you feel if we traded Severino for a Frazier type prospect?

If a trade is something you feel great about as a Hankees fan than itís probably unrealistic. Gotta give to get but many people here expect handouts from other teams.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    You have super unrealistic expectations of trade value. Frazier isnít the centerpiece for a Severino type and that package doesnít get you a #2. I mean good god, how would you feel if we traded Severino for a Frazier type prospect?

If a trade is something you feel great about as a Hankees fan than itís probably unrealistic. Gotta give to get but many people here expect handouts from other teams.
    Not a Sevy type for frazier. Sevy For Frazier, Wade, Adams, Abreu, German or something along those lines. I know you have to give to get. What I am saying is that I don't want to include our best prospect outside Andujar and Torres for a rental or an older and expensive pitcher. I don't think it's worth it.

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I'm not saying don't trade guys. I'm only saying that if you part way with a talent like Frazier, it needs to be for more than a rental or more than a pitcher over 28 years old. The pitcher would have to be on the level of Sevy or a half step below to include him in a package.

If you want a guy who is a 2 or 3? and want to throw Adams, Austin, Wade and guys like that? Sure
    ;,

I know we will just have to agree to disagree

personally I think if frazier had the trade value some of you guys think he wouldn't still be here

IMO your barometers are fine kinko if you are building a team but

we are just looking for a finishing piece and I don't mind going for it aka paying that little extra / market value

and if it is a rental no worries about the age

a young johnny bench led the league in passed balls and got better

Who did the Astros give up for Cole again? Was it a higher ranked prospect than Frazier? I can't remember....

I'm not trading Torres, Andujar or Didi. I'm not trading Judge for Degrom, even if the Mets throw in Thor. I'd like to get top dollar on Frazier, but that might not be possible. I don't want Machado, but I'd take him, but that would end Didi's career as a Yankee and we'd lose a lot of leadership on the team. Of course if we could get Machado for other than Torres, Andujar and Sheffield, I'd do it and include Gardner in the trade, since the Orioles like him and rotate Didi, Andujar and Machado between Shortstop, 3B and DH with Stanton in LF full time. I just don't see the Orioles being reasonable even if it was in their best interest to do so. Drury, Gardner, Adams and another prospect would help the Orioles significantly. They could move their 3B back to SS and put Drury at 3B, acquire a team leader and leadoff hitter in Gardner, who has a reasonable option for next year and get Adams and another pitching prospect on a team desperate for pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    ;,

I know we will just have to agree to disagree

personally I think if frazier had the trade value some of you guys think he wouldn't still be here

IMO your barometers are fine kinko if you are building a team but

we are just looking for a finishing piece and I don't mind going for it aka paying that little extra / market value

and if it is a rental no worries about the age
    I think you can build for the future and the present. I think the FO has done a great job doing it.
    Look, if the package I suggested got us Bumgardner? Of course you do it.
    Degrom? I donít think so.

The sonny gray trade was a good one. I didnít like it then and still donít but Iím hopeful. The package for him was perfect.
    I get that you need to trade prospects.
    I just want to be very selective when using the top ranked guys for pitchers

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    lets just stop listing Torres as a trade chip. he is untouchable and honestly looks like our best player for the future. if cash is set on getting Manny then I guess miggy can be had for a top pitcher but honestly I love miggy and love we developed him.
    If you look at Torres, he's probably our second best player out of our youth after judge. It remains to be seen and it's too early right now, but I would take him over Sanchez, Bird, Didi right now. Andujar has been pretty good as well. All he does is get extra base hits and has been batting in the .290's consistently. With Bird's injury/inconsistency history and with Sanchez' inconsistency, we actually need his bat right now.

I rather trade more of our pitching prospects for a starter because we suck at developing pitchers. I'd be ok with giving up Sheffield and Adams, maybe even throw Abreu in there.

Maybe not for this yr, but why isn't Sanchez taking balls at 1st base? It's not like anyone has claimed that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Maybe not for this yr, but why isn't Sanchez taking balls at 1st base? It's not like anyone has claimed that position.
    I see your point but right now IMO he should concentrate 100% on passed balls and hitting

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    If you look at Torres, he's probably our second best player out of our youth after judge. It remains to be seen and it's too early right now, but I would take him over Sanchez, Bird, Didi right now. Andujar has been pretty good as well. All he does is get extra base hits and has been batting in the .290's consistently. With Bird's injury/inconsistency history and with Sanchez' inconsistency, we actually need his bat right now.

I rather trade more of our pitching prospects for a starter because we suck at developing pitchers. I'd be ok with giving up Sheffield and Adams, maybe even throw Abreu in there.

like you said it's to early and you might be right but

to be fair gary easily out preformed both judge and torres in their 1st 50 gms

and that's not even giving him extra points for his position

but I agree with your point I'm ok with trading Sheffield and Adams

I'm not ok with trading Sheffield.

Why trade a young lefty with #2 potential?

I know he had a minor shoulder issue not too long ago but he didn't even think he needed to be taken out of that game. He could be called up after the all star break and become the next Severino.

Degrom is not coming here unless we get raked over the coals to get him. Not worth it. I would rather go after Corbin. Should come much cheaper as he is a free agent after this year.

Any of our home grown MLB players should not be traded. Core 4....how about Core 6 and counting...Bird or Austin, Torres, Andujar, Sanchez, Judge, Severino. Frazier, Sheffield, Florial all on the way. That's impressive. I say keep rolling with the kids, add starting pitching in Gray or what could have been Cole type trades using lesser prospects. Since our line-up is set for the next 5 plus years we can use our cash on starting pitching in free agency as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post

I know he had a minor shoulder issue not too long ago but he didn't even think he needed to be taken out of that game. He could be called up after the all star break and become the next Severino.

Degrom is not coming here unless we get raked over the coals to get him. Not worth it. I would rather go after Corbin. Should come much cheaper as he is a free agent after this year.

Any of our home grown MLB players should not be traded. Core 4....how about Core 6 and counting...Bird or Austin, Torres, Andujar, Sanchez, Judge, Severino. Frazier, Sheffield, Florial all on the way. That's impressive. I say keep rolling with the kids, add starting pitching in Gray or what could have been Cole type trades using lesser prospects. Since our line-up is set for the next 5 plus years we can use our cash on starting pitching in free agency as needed.
    I always like Corbin. When he was hitting 93-96, he was lights out earlier this season. Now he has settles in at 90-92 the last few outings Iíve watched. To me, there is just something to be valued about a guy that can just run it up there every day at 95-98, which DeGrom does. Iíd rather have degrom, but not if they are demanding Torres, Sheffield, or Andujar. I would like to explore a package (hehe) of Ross and Hand from SD.

I think if the Mets were reasonable, they would(should) consider a package of Frazier OF, Drury IF/COF, Adams SP, Austin 1B, and Estrada MIF(or someone in this range). That gives them 3-4 players that are big league ready or nearly there.

Possible offers for DeGrom:
    A) Frazier, Drury, Adams, Austin, Martinez
    B) Florial, Drury, Adams
    C) Frazier, Drury, Logasigna, Austin

Figure anyway, theyíre getting a big league OF that still has a ton of potential, a IF that has a pretty good bat. A 1B that mashes lefties. And some arms.

I think they all have appeal because they have big league ready talent in Frazier and Drury.

I know it seems like I am talking out of both sides of my mouth but what I am saying is, I think the Mets are going to ask for a ton of prospects back (rightfully so) if they put him on the market. But I think they should be more concerned with getting near big league pieces back if they arenít gonna blow the whole thing up. If DeGrom goes and only fetches young prospects but they donít try to deal Cespedes and Familia, then they are clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post

I approve of this post

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

Yanks still have 4 years of control on Sanchez. It would be crazy to trade him because of a bad start to this season after he was scorching hot in 2016 and had a great 2017. He has shown the ability to get hot and stay hot for long stretches. He picked up the slack for Judge last year when judge was struggling.

He is near the top in WAR for catchers the past two seasons while playing considerably less games than many of his counterparts.

Page 4 of 184 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast