Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    the red Sox are this years Indians best best record 1st round exit

if we don't win the division lol

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Boston 3b Rafael Devers out of lineup tonight, furthering speculation that Manny Machado could be heading to the Red Sox.
    With the history between Machado and Boston, I'd be shocked

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    With the history between Machado and Boston, I'd be shocked

Letís hope so. Need a Cash ninja move.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Astros sent Ken Giles down to AAA. Yikes.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Astros sent Ken Giles down to AAA. Yikes.
    He said "**** you, man" to AJ Hinch when he took him out of the game.
    At least he didn't punch himself in the jaw this time.

He said "**** you, man" to AJ Hinch when he took him out of the game.
    At least he didn't punch himself in the jaw this time.

a young johnny bench led the league in passed balls and got better

Yes please

Yes please

so do you let him wear #13

maybe because I think he pick 13 to honor arod

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    If we could have a truly scary lineup and not part with a hoard of prospects, then no one player is worth ruining this over.

If Cashman hangs up his up over one prospect we deserve to lose in perpetuity. Iím sorry, but if Sheffield is all theyíre asking for you have to know that the long term negotiation will be occurring as either part of this deal or for the duration of the season.

If we canít get a top flight arm then this should happen and NO single unproven commodity is worth hoarding, especially when he could be in play to Boston.

Weíre not getting this guy for table scraps and we have a horrible history of pitching development. This. Needs. To. Happen.

No one says that we're going to get this guy for table scraps, but we don't need to slaughter the prize steer for him either.

Think about it. The Orioles would take Sheffield over Devers in a trade to the team they hate the most. Therefore Sheffield must be twice the blue chip that Devers is considered to be.

Then think about what happens if the Red Sox do get Machado and move Bogarts to third. Two infielders playing in their worst fielding positions, plus whatever else the Red Sox have to give up to get Machado, since the Orioles want pitching. Then the Yankees sign him away from the Red Sox in the off season. Red Sox lose Devers, pitching depth and get nothing for it.

Then look at the Yankees sign. The temptation to trade for Machado is removed and they can then focus on trading for the best pitcher they can get, whether that's DeGrom or Brad Hand and they still might be able to hold on to Sheffield and bring him up in August for the stretch run or in September if he has already pitched too many innings.

Then look at the game of chess going on. The Red Sox are trying to dupe the Yankees into offering their best pitching prospect for a rental and the Yankees are trying to dupe the Red Sox into giving their youngest position player up for a rental. Whoever wins, actually loses.

There's no way that I'm trading Sheffield for Machado. That's a long term loser move.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post

There's no way that I'm trading Sheffield for Machado. That's a long term loser move.

yeah the odds of a minor league nyy pitcher making it as a starter in the bigs are so high

is it a bad move if we win this year and he stays ?
    it's like the stock market sometimes you gotta take chances but tbh the Orioles should have 0 leverage in negotiations they can easily lose him for nothing and no one would feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    so do you let him wear #13

maybe because I think he pick 13 to honor arod
    No. 13 should be retired all across baseball.
    #baerod

Quote Originally Posted by LORD6 View Post
    is it a bad move if we win this year and he stays ?
    it's like the stock market sometimes you gotta take chances but tbh the Orioles should have 0 leverage in negotiations they can easily lose him for nothing and no one would feel bad.
    IDK I think there's a lot of teams interested in him

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    No one says that we're going to get this guy for table scraps, but we don't need to slaughter the prize steer for him either.

Think about it. The Orioles would take Sheffield over Devers in a trade to the team they hate the most. Therefore Sheffield must be twice the blue chip that Devers is considered to be.

Then think about what happens if the Red Sox do get Machado and move Bogarts to third. Two infielders playing in their worst fielding positions, plus whatever else the Red Sox have to give up to get Machado, since the Orioles want pitching. Then the Yankees sign him away from the Red Sox in the off season. Red Sox lose Devers, pitching depth and get nothing for it.

Then look at the Yankees sign. The temptation to trade for Machado is removed and they can then focus on trading for the best pitcher they can get, whether that's DeGrom or Brad Hand and they still might be able to hold on to Sheffield and bring him up in August for the stretch run or in September if he has already pitched too many innings.

Then look at the game of chess going on. The Red Sox are trying to dupe the Yankees into offering their best pitching prospect for a rental and the Yankees are trying to dupe the Red Sox into giving their youngest position player up for a rental. Whoever wins, actually loses.

Gardner for Manny straight up should get it done then.