Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I apologize, it was Heyman that the quote came from.

That question was said to him last night. He was asked if he was going to be traded to a team that would use him at third. His response was what was quoted above.

Maybe he was just trying to avoid getting asked questions about being traded. Not sure, but not the response I'm sure a team like Tha Yankees wanted to hear.
    He's probably annoyed talking about all the trade rumors. Said he only wants to talk about the game and what's happening on the field, where he currently is a SS. I'm sure if he went to NYY or somewhere else to contend he'd gladly go back to 3rd.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

im all for machado but not at the expense of andujar and frazier cause it doesnt give us any advantage, now if we trade andujar and frazier for a top of the rotation pitcher and sign machado in the offseason then it makes sense.

using our best trade chips for someone we can get for free in the offseason is counter productive

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    We will get Machado Britton and Evoldi. Mark it down.
    Not happening. Funny stuff though
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    im all for machado but not at the expense of andujar and frazier cause it doesnt give us any advantage, now if we trade andujar and frazier for a top of the rotation pitcher and sign machado in the offseason then it makes sense.

using our best trade chips for someone we can get for free in the offseason is counter productive
    You're not getting him for free in the offseason. If a team like the Dodgers trades for him now, they will re-sign him almost instantly for a huge contract.

Quote Originally Posted by algreek3 View Post
    You're not getting him for free in the offseason. If a team like the Dodgers trades for him now, they will re-sign him almost instantly for a huge contract.
    in the offseason is only money, if he gets traded and signs with his new team then so be it, there are other options.

i don't wan't machado or harper....

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    We don't want you, yet here you are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    so you must think they would really help the team

a young johnny bench led the league in passed balls and got better

Determine the best package you'd be willing to trade and offer it to TB for Blake Snell.

The question in my mind: what starter is available worth the haul we would have to give up AND is an upgrade from what we already have (AAA and ML)? Aside from the long shot in deGrom, I think the pickins is quite slim. Next season may shape up differently but right now....
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post

i agree 100%. It makes no sense to trade for Machado now especially for the cost of Andujar, Frazier plus. Also i just can't see Cashman paying twice to get him, especially since getting another big bat that isn;t a 1st baseman is probably the last thing on our list of needs this season.

No matter who trades for Machado now there is zero chance he doesn't test the FA market. The team that does trade for him now might have a slight advantage in resigning him this off season but he is absolutely going to listen to offers this off season if for no other reason than to drive up his price. IMO though with as hard as we have looked for ways to trade for Machado since last winter, all the money we available to spend and all the rumors over the yr that he would like to play for us i think its very likely we sign him this winter.

The only way it makes sense to me to trade as valuable of young pieces like Andujar and Frazier is for a top of the rotation starter. That is by far our biggest need not only for the rest of this season but next yr also. With as weak as the FA market is going to be for starting pitching this yr the only way were going to get a top starter is to trade for one. If i'm Cashman i'm calling the Mets and offering Andujar, Frazier plus for Degrom. Even though the Mets might hate trading Degrom to us they could realistically add 4 plus piece from us that could make an immediate impact for them on their MLB roster. It would really jump start their rebuild and they would still have a very solid rotation behind Thor.

I'd way rather that we gave up more young top talent for a guy like DeGrom that would give us 3 chances at competing for WS titles than giving up Frazier plus for a rental like Happ. I don't think Happ or any of the other names that are being most mentioned makes us that much better this yr or puts us over the top of teams like Boston and Houston. Also trading for a rental does absolutely nothing for us next yr and beyond.

It make zero sense to me to give up talent like that that is MLB ready that we could control for the next 5 yrs very cheaply for a starter that isn't a massive upgrade to the rotation this yr. Then were going to have to go out and give up even more elite talent to get another top starter again this winter. Were going to need the same kind of top of the rotation starter this winter, it would be alot easier, smarter not to mention cheaper if we only had to do it once.

the biggest problem I have with getting machado this yr is

does this mean we are giving up on getting a plus arm

will it leave much cap space

a young johnny bench led the league in passed balls and got better

Dayners, Preaching to the choir.

Stop. You're making to much sense and the logic is just too sound.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    i agree 100%. It makes no sense to trade for Machado now especially for the cost of Andujar, Frazier plus. Also i just can't see Cashman paying twice to get him, especially since getting another big bat that isn;t a 1st baseman is probably the last thing on our list of needs this season.

No matter who trades for Machado now there is zero chance he doesn't test the FA market. The team that does trade for him now might have a slight advantage in resigning him this off season but he is absolutely going to listen to offers this off season if for no other reason than to drive up his price. IMO though with as hard as we have looked for ways to trade for Machado since last winter, all the money we available to spend and all the rumors over the yr that he would like to play for us i think its very likely we sign him this winter.

The only way it makes sense to me to trade as valuable of young pieces like Andujar and Frazier is for a top of the rotation starter. That is by far our biggest need not only for the rest of this season but next yr also. With as weak as the FA market is going to be for starting pitching this yr the only way were going to get a top starter is to trade for one. If i'm Cashman i'm calling the Mets and offering Andujar, Frazier plus for Degrom. Even though the Mets might hate trading Degrom to us they could realistically add 4 plus piece from us that could make an immediate impact for them on their MLB roster. It would really jump start their rebuild and they would still have a very solid rotation behind Thor.

I'd way rather that we gave up more young top talent for a guy like DeGrom that would give us 3 chances at competing for WS titles than giving up Frazier plus for a rental like Happ. I don't think Happ or any of the other names that are being most mentioned makes us that much better this yr or puts us over the top of teams like Boston and Houston. Also trading for a rental does absolutely nothing for us next yr and beyond.

It make zero sense to me to give up talent like that that is MLB ready that we could control for the next 5 yrs very cheaply for a starter that isn't a massive upgrade to the rotation this yr. Then were going to have to go out and give up even more elite talent to get another top starter again this winter. Were going to need the same kind of top of the rotation starter this winter, it would be alot easier, smarter not to mention cheaper if we only had to do it once.
    I agree, but I'd also consider Blake Snell, who is LH and has even more control than Degrom. Both lead their respective leagues in ERA and Snell pitches against the Division with the highest OPS.

Who would cost the Yankees more? Snell or DeGrom? I think Snell could potentially cost more for the main reasons being those you listed, but also because he's in the same division as the Yanks. If the Yankees trade for Machado, there is no way they'll be able to trade for Snell or DeGrom.