Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 2748
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,856
    It's interesting that Cashman didn't mention Andujar when he said that he wouldn't trade Torres and would prefer to keep Frazier. Therefore, though I disagree with trading him, the Yankees are OK with it for whatever reason (Drury, Machado, etc.)


    On a different line of thought, if Greg Bird is not cutting it, he probably still has a decent amount of trade value, because he has a ton of potential and bats LH. As the White Sox continue to rebuild, acquiring Abreu could possibly be done, since Abreu is a rental and his price could be lower. Too bad Abreu is RH (as is Machado).


    In that respect, have we entered a period of low average LH hitters, because of the shift?

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3
    I agree about the overall likelihood of the Yanks getting DeGrom. My larger point was that Andujar shouldn’t be untouchable for a pitcher of his caliber in the name of “chemistry”. While the Mets may ask for the ransom you outlined, no way in hell the Yanks front office pulls the trigger on that...

    If the Yanks offered: Andujar/Frazier or Florial/Sheff the Mets would have to think about it (they wouldn’t get a better offer and I still think that might be an overpay in terms of close to ML ready talent...)

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3
    The reason the shift is effective against guys like Bird is because they are dead pull hitters. If you look at the spray charts of guys like Scooter Gennett or Brandon Crawford, while the get shifted on as well, they have the ability to regularly go the other way; mitigating the effect of the shift. Hitters need to make the adjustment, but guys like Bird seem intent on living or dying as dead pull hitters (especially with that short porch in right).

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,559
    Quote Originally Posted by ChalupaBatman View Post
    The reason the shift is effective against guys like Bird is because they are dead pull hitters. If you look at the spray charts of guys like Scooter Gennett or Brandon Crawford, while the get shifted on as well, they have the ability to regularly go the other way; mitigating the effect of the shift. Hitters need to make the adjustment, but guys like Bird seem intent on living or dying as dead pull hitters (especially with that short porch in right).
    Yes they do. The Teixeira syndrome.

    Hitting against the shift seems like a no brainer for a professional hitter, but yet few do. Do it often enough and the shift will disappear.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    78
    I really hope the Yanks go after some pitching but I don't want them to sell the farm

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,559
    Welcome Dent. Would your moniker have anything to do with the Dent that Bucky left in '78?

    I think the vast majority here would agree, we need pitching but not at the expense of depleting the farm. Fortunately our farm is deep and after years of neglect now respected and sought after. I believe the right combo of talent should fetch us the arm we need. We can't play them all, might as well maximize the return.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  7. #307
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,559
    Quote Originally Posted by ChalupaBatman View Post
    I agree about the overall likelihood of the Yanks getting DeGrom. My larger point was that Andujar shouldn’t be untouchable for a pitcher of his caliber in the name of “chemistry”. While the Mets may ask for the ransom you outlined, no way in hell the Yanks front office pulls the trigger on that...

    If the Yanks offered: Andujar/Frazier or Florial/Sheff the Mets would have to think about it (they wouldn’t get a better offer and I still think that might be an overpay in terms of close to ML ready talent...)
    I don't believe Cash considers Andujar untouchable. In fact he's only mentioned Torres and Frazier by name as keepers. I like Andujar. His bat plays big at the ML level, he's only going to improve. He has a major league arm. The question is who and what gets us to the WS, Andujar at third or another ace to pair with Sevy?

    Imo it may take more than Andujar/Frazier to excite Alderson. I agree it's a ton of talent, but he's in the drivers seat and deGrom is a top shelf talent and he knows it. Dealing him to a cross town rival with the understanding he may be the piece we need to win #28 may be all the motivation he needs to say no thanks.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  8. #308
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    23,190
    for deGrom my package would be Andujar, Florial, Sheffield, German and 2 B level prospects

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    23,190
    to put into perspective, imagine trying to figure out who would you want back if you traded Severino, the package i propose wouldnt cut it in my opinion, but thats as high as im willing to go, if someone goes highrer then good for them

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    26,193
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yes they do. The Teixeira syndrome.

    Hitting against the shift seems like a no brainer for a professional hitter, but yet few do. Do it often enough and the shift will disappear.
    So if doing the same thing and expecting a different result is crazy and these guys are saying that they will do the same thing and not expect a different result, what does that make them?

    Oh yeah. Stupid



    The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    So if doing the same thing and expecting a different result is crazy and these guys are saying that they will do the same thing and not expect a different result, what does that make them?

    Oh yeah. Stupid
    tex and giambi were not strict pull hitters when they played on other teams.. but when they came to the yanks that is all they tried to do from the left side..

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    23,190
    teix was great till he came to the yankees lol

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    5,625
    Apperently Harper has told his coach he wants tp play 1st base. https://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf...rt_river_index

    Personally i think Harper is overrated and not worth the contract he is looking and i would way rather sign Machado to play 3rd base. That said with all the trouble and uncertainty that is surrounding Bird, signing Harper would be a hell of a long term solution for 1st base. If they don't trade Andujar for someone like Degrom we have a pretty good long term solution at 3rd and our biggest non pitching hole would be 1st. Its one hell of an interesting idea IMO

    What do you guys think of signing Harper to play 1st base

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    17,956
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    snell is making the minimun why would tampa trade him makes no sense.he is cheap for years to come..
    Because that worked out so well for them with Archer....


    Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks


  15. #315
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    17,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Look at this guy ^^^

    Just waltzes into the thread and makes his first post an intelligent one, without any sort of "Hey guys, this is my first post"

    ChalupaBatman, JD works at Taco Bell. Please protect him


    Welcome to the forum
    I don't eat at taco bell


    Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •