Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Or sit tight and not make a trade.
    We don't need a pitcher. Would it help? Of course. But people are bugging out about how badly we need a starter. We are a game out of first and we just took 2 out of 3 from the Sox.

If I'm boone, Maybe I try an experiment. When Tank comes back, I am taking German and Lasagna aside and saying I need 4 good innings from each of you and pitching them on the same day. Alternate who starts. Maybe you get 3 dominant from each maybe 4, maybe more.
    Is Happy really worth that much?
    Hamels?
    No. They are not worth what they will cost and Degrom and Thor will essentially strip the farm.
    Just say, no.

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

Miggy has played excellent 3B and has quieted all critics about his fielding except for some on this board. He also puts the ball in play on nearly every at bat with low strikeouts. The last thing we need is to get rid of one of the three guys or so on the team that doesn't strike out often.

We're not getting DeGrom from the Wilpons unless we put Torres into an obscene package. That is not happening. And should not happen.
    Change gears and go after Blake Snell. He'll cost a ton as well, but Rays are more reasonable trade partners than Mets.
    We could give them a package starting with Frazier (Florial) and Sheffield. We have the depth to make this deal.
    Letting the Astros steal Cole out from under us was a huge mistake. Sevi and Snell as co-aces counters that.
    I know we're focused on the Red Sox, but after Sale we can handle them. 'Stros will be our bigger problem come playoff time.
    Sevi, Snell, Hero, and CC or a fixed Gray in the playoffs can hang with anybody.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

p.s. of course, if Big Leo can convince the Wilpons to do his trade, we absolutely make it.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Miggy has played excellent 3B and has quieted all critics about his fielding except for some on this board. He also puts the ball in play on nearly every at bat with low strikeouts. The last thing we need is to get rid of one of the three guys or so on the team that doesn't strike out often.
    Obviously you don't pay attention to people and your eyes are deceiving you, if you think he has played 'excellent' defense. He has made some nice plays, sure. But, every defensive metric has him ranked poorly. If you can watch him without the rose colored glasses, it's obvious. He still is young and has room to grow, I think he will get better defensively. But, I am not nieve to his current flaws.

But anyway, this will just be beating a dead horse and isn't worth any more of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    We're not getting DeGrom from the Wilpons unless we put Torres into an obscene package. That is not happening. And should not happen.
    Change gears and go after Blake Snell. He'll cost a ton as well, but Rays are more reasonable trade partners than Mets.
    We could give them a package starting with Frazier (Florial) and Sheffield. We have the depth to make this deal.
    Letting the Astros steal Cole out from under us was a huge mistake. Sevi and Snell as co-aces counters that.
    I know we're focused on the Red Sox, but after Sale we can handle them. 'Stros will be our bigger problem come playoff time.
    Sevi, Snell, Hero, and CC or a fixed Gray in the playoffs can hang with anybody.
    I will say that it more improbable that we are able to get Snell than DeGrom or Thor. We can get DeGrom without dealing Torres. I would guess it could be done with only one of Andujar and Sheffield along with the rest of the package.

Ideally it would be Sheffield because right now he isnít impacting the big league roster, and actually he isnít on the 40 man.

I would do Sheffield, Florial, and two lower prospects for either DeGrom or Syndagaard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    I will say that it more improbable that we are able to get Snell than DeGrom or Thor. We can get DeGrom without dealing Torres. I would guess it could be done with only one of Andujar and Sheffield along with the rest of the package.

Ideally it would be Sheffield because right now he isnít impacting the big league roster, and actually he isnít on the 40 man.

I would do Sheffield, Florial, and two lower prospects for either DeGrom or Syndagaard

snell is making the minimun why would tampa trade him makes no sense.he is cheap for years to come..

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    His defense is Okay. Itís passable. His arm is great. But he hasnít been a great defender. Maybe better than advertised but not excellent.

Offensively, hanging your hat on his low number of Kís isnít a good selling point. I donít like strike outs either but they are a part of the game now and they arenít nearly as bad as they seem. Plus his K rate is nothing special, Iíd guess about league average. Plus whatís worse is how little he draws walks. He is batting .280+ and his OBP is under .310. Not great. But that is something that can be worked on.

What he does do great his make hard contact and barrels the ball up very well. Both well above average.

Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    p.s. of course, if Big Leo can convince the Wilpons to do his trade, we absolutely make it.
    I have my ways.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The more I think about Happ.......the Sox and Astros are right handed bat heavy.

Not sure that would help much over Lasagna and German.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Well, I think a great throwing arm is important for a 3B. Plus, I just looked at the defensive leaders and he is low on the 3B list, but so is Torres on the 2B list and both are rookies. What's more Altuve is only a couple of spots higher than Torres and I didn't think that he sucked as a fielder either.

Cbs proposed a trade of Degrom for Florial, Frazier, Sheffield, Sonny Gray and Loaisiga. Would you make that deal? I almost think i'd rather give up Andujar than all that combined talent.

As much as I like Andujar and what his ceiling is, I donít have a problem selling high on him to get a guy like DeGrom. Chemistry is important but is also a byproduct of winning, and DeGrom on the bump every fifth day adds another proven ace quality pitcher to our staff and gives us a better chance of winning down the stretch IMO.

While I donít believe he Yanks should gut the farm for a frontline pitcher, Andujar should not be a sticking point (especially in light of Drury being on the roster, and our most certain pursuit of Machado next year which would displace Miggy from 3B anyways).

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Look at this guy ^^^

Just waltzes into the thread and makes his first post an intelligent one, without any sort of "Hey guys, this is my first post"

ChalupaBatman, JD works at Taco Bell. Please protect him

Welcome to the forum

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

Quote Originally Posted by ChalupaBatman View Post
    As much as I like Andujar and what his ceiling is, I donít have a problem selling high on him to get a guy like DeGrom. Chemistry is important but is also a byproduct of winning, and DeGrom on the bump every fifth day adds another proven ace quality pitcher to our staff and gives us a better chance of winning down the stretch IMO.

While I donít believe he Yanks should gut the farm for a frontline pitcher, Andujar should not be a sticking point (especially in light of Drury being on the roster, and our most certain pursuit of Machado next year which would displace Miggy from 3B anyways).
    Welcome. I echo Clown's sentiments. Nice first post. I also happen to agree with all written. Would love to have deGrom on board, and have no problem shipping Andujar for reasons stated. However this is where our opinions diverge. I don't believe Muts would trade deGrom cross town and if in the slight chance they did it would probably take more than we are willing to pay. Alderson is in the drivers seat. No reason for him to help the Yanks, unless of course we help accelerate his rebuild. I'm afraid it would be too costly. I'm guessing Torres, Andujar, Frazier, Sheffield ++

But....Let's talk. You never know what might be hammered out.

My gut tells me Happ and has for at least a month or so.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin