Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 48 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 2748
  1. #706
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Zac, Could still happen. One unnamed scout's opinion isn't the end all.

    The downside to a rental imo, the cost is way too high. If you hope to sign him long term you pay twice.
    I agree this is baseball not basketball. Baseball is where if you get one ring your fine. Rings aren't even a measurement for greatness. And baseball players 90% of the time take the money. And us being a top team in baseball and having money I wouldn't given I much for a trade. Probably offer a package around Chance Adams and Abreu with some low level guys take it or leave it. Machado isn't winning us a World Series imo we need pitching.

  2. #707
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,505
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Who is the better defender at SS?

    Manny or Didi?
    Right now? Didi by a wide margin. Manny looks a little sluggish at SS


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #708
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,505
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Zac, Could still happen. One unnamed scout's opinion isn't the end all.

    The downside to a rental imo, the cost is way too high. If you hope to sign him long term you pay twice.
    I agree dude, I wouldn’t call it dead.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #709
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    12,243
    Well, no Manny, not bad as the offense is not the issue..We can still get him in the offseason unless one of the teams that gets him will extend him for 8 years which could still be a possibility....But I like Andujar and want to see him grow and mature....

    At least let him play for 2-3 years and see where it goes...

    Send Toronto 3 low level specs for the 35 yr bum...If Frazier gets sent to Toronto for Happ then Cashman needs to be fired...


    If Bird can be consistent and Sanchez gets his act together and we stay healthy in the 2nd half we could probably slug our way to the EAST Title because I still feel we have a better lineup than Boston. They have a slightly advantage in the starting rotation but not by much......The Bullpen is where we got them no doubt....


    No deGrom, No Thor, No Mad Bum, No Manny...No big deal! Houston by far has the superior starting pitching anyway, this where we need the offense to unload on them if we face them again.....

    Everybody knows what is left out there for trades and it is not promising so it shouldn't be a painful hit to the Yankees minor league system...Our top specs will still be here for offseason trades if needed....

    We basically have every position covered for 2019 as we speak.....We just need another starter for the rotation in the offseason....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-12-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    Nick

    1998 Yankees 94-35. ---

    2018 Red Sox 90-39 4

  5. #710
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    12,243
    Happ, Fulmer, Hamels is the pickings folks...

    Which bum do you want? And what specs will each one costs if we do indeed get one of these stiffs?


    Happ or Hamels should not have Frazier in the deal....

    Fulmer possibility because of his age......
    Nick

    1998 Yankees 94-35. ---

    2018 Red Sox 90-39 4

  6. #711
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    318
    Where are people hearing that Machado is definitely not coming to the Yankees? My understanding is that some unnamed scout said it, likely a scout unaffiliated with the Yankees or Orioles. A few different beat writers yesterday seemed pretty confident that a deal was in the works.

  7. #712
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by BWilliamsfan51 View Post
    Where are people hearing that Machado is definitely not coming to the Yankees? My understanding is that some unnamed scout said it, likely a scout unaffiliated with the Yankees or Orioles. A few different beat writers yesterday seemed pretty confident that a deal was in the works.
    Could still happen. One unnamed scouts opinion is all we have. Opinions, like another part of our anatomy, we all have one.

    My gut tells me Cash is willing to deal, but on his terms. I'm guessing he hopes O's come back to where he's comfortable not what they demand. I think Sheffield and Frazier is where he's drawing the line, not untouchable in the right deal, but not giving them up for a rental. Just my 2 cents.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  8. #713
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    28,453
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Could still happen. One unnamed scouts opinion is all we have. Opinions, like another part of our anatomy, we all have one.

    My gut tells me Cash is willing to deal, but on his terms. I'm guessing he hopes O's come back to where he's comfortable not what they demand. I think Sheffield and Frazier is where he's drawing the line, not untouchable in the right deal, but not giving them up for a rental. Just my 2 cents.
    I stand by my original statement that the only reason I think they're pushing for Manny is so they can flip Andujar in a deal for a higher end starting pitcher.

    Someting like

    3 of Frazier/Andujar, Sheffield/Adams, plus 1 or 2 more lower specs for someone like Degrom.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 07-12-2018 at 09:51 AM.

  9. #714
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    108

    Go Big...

    If the aim is to "try" to win this year, they go for Machado. Adams/German/Loasiga and a #10 - #20 spec might be the answer.

    But that just patches something that REALLY doesn't need fixing and doesn't win a short series.

    For that, let me site how the Stros getting Verlander helped them last year and this year. And how getting Cole has and will help them. Young pitching is hard to come by but when you have it, you hold it and strangle short series wins from opponents who stock up on hitting.

    For a championship this year and forcing the window open for years to come, send Andujar, Frazier, Sheffield and Florial for deGrom and Thor. Give the Mets the prospects and the "chances" while we take the item that is hardest to find: proven young pitching. Sure, those guys may blossom there but without pitching they'll be like everyone else... looking for pitching. If it's available, spend the specs to get it. Heck, for that haul, they might even take Ellsbury

    They can do that AND get Machado. or just wait for Machado during the offseason. But the answer is pitching and those who have it stay in the hunt for sure and for longer.

    They build up the system to win... this is what they're waiting for and they'll continue to bring in hitting and to develop it, but sure pitching is impossible to get unless you pay.

  10. #715
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Happ, Fulmer, Hamels is the pickings folks...

    Which bum do you want? And what specs will each one costs if we do indeed get one of these stiffs?


    Happ or Hamels should not have Frazier in the deal....

    Fulmer possibility because of his age......
    Fulmer has been pitching great lately.

  11. #716
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,505
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Well, no Manny, not bad as the offense is not the issue..We can still get him in the offseason unless one of the teams that gets him will extend him for 8 years which could still be a possibility....But I like Andujar and want to see him grow and mature....

    At least let him play for 2-3 years and see where it goes...

    Send Toronto 3 low level specs for the 35 yr bum...If Frazier gets sent to Toronto for Happ then Cashman needs to be fired...


    If Bird can be consistent and Sanchez gets his act together and we stay healthy in the 2nd half we could probably slug our way to the EAST Title because I still feel we have a better lineup than Boston. They have a slightly advantage in the starting rotation but not by much......The Bullpen is where we got them no doubt....


    No deGrom, No Thor, No Mad Bum, No Manny...No big deal! Houston by far has the superior starting pitching anyway, this where we need the offense to unload on them if we face them again.....

    Everybody knows what is left out there for trades and it is not promising so it shouldn't be a painful hit to the Yankees minor league system...Our top specs will still be here for offseason trades if needed....

    We basically have every position covered for 2019 as we speak.....We just need another starter for the rotation in the offseason....
    The Yankees and LAD are the 2 favorites


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #717
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,505
    Quote Originally Posted by BWilliamsfan51 View Post
    Where are people hearing that Machado is definitely not coming to the Yankees? My understanding is that some unnamed scout said it, likely a scout unaffiliated with the Yankees or Orioles. A few different beat writers yesterday seemed pretty confident that a deal was in the works.
    This is closer to the truth.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #718
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,557
    Duquette thinks a deal for Manny would “look like” Frazier, Drury and German. And people aren’t saying Andujar isn’t part of the discussion and is instead being dangled for pitching or would be stashed in the minors.

    That’d be robbery

  14. #719
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,557
    I’d only include Sheffield in a deal for MadBum.

    Sheffield, Andujar and Acevedo or Friecer for MadBum?

  15. #720
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    35,988
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Duquette thinks a deal for Manny would “look like” Frazier, Drury and German. And people aren’t saying Andujar isn’t part of the discussion and is instead being dangled for pitching or would be stashed in the minors.

    That’d be robbery
    I’d do that if Britton is in there.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •