Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Is Draymond Green a HOF?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    12 46.15%
  • No

    14 53.85%
  • Andre Iguodala BEFORE Draymond Green

    0 0%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 95
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    26,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Thanks for completely twisting my argument into your horribly constructed strawman as you lay in useless insults.

    If you don't know what the argument is, ignore the post. If you understand the argument, then actually address it. Don't change topics just to create dismissals.

    I don't believe Green is going to be nearly as intense playing for a lotto team. That's all I said.

    You managed to take what you think I said (maybe you just didn't read) and twist it into a new topic you'd rather discuss (Green's defensive IQ).
    I did address it. As I said, it is a horrible and 100% baseless argument with zero relevance.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    26,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    he wouldn't be the 4th option on other teams which means he would be defended differently lowering his opportunity for assists

    Also, you aren't factoring in the pace that GS plays at vs other teams which would reduce possessions...

    It isn't cut and dry...
    We have huge amounts of sample size with Curry and/or KD not on the floor with him, including entire playoff series. His assist totals are still very high. What do you attribute that to? The pace argument is also completely off base. They run the 5th highest pace in the league and run a total of 2 possessions more a game than the 20th paced team in the league. It is completely irrelevant, especially considering he is a 32-33 mpg player who could easily go an extra 4-5 minutes a night if needed (all the blowouts that he is an integral part of keep that down).

    The underlying point here is that it is very clear to the eye that he is a highly capable playmaker for a PF/C both in transition and in the half court. His predictably high assist totals ever since Kerr came on board and trusted the offense to run through him to a degree are simply the result of that skill set.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    13,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    There's a funny story about Draymond learning from him. Shame Lee could never defend
    Care to share the story

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,973
    I'm not sure Draymond Green is a Hall of Famer. You look at the roles he plays and compare him to others. You'd get guys like Charles Oakley or Buck Williams. Maybe even a Clifford Robinson or Boris Diaw. None of those guys are in the Hall of Fame. If the line up on the court was Quinn Cook, Nick Young, Andre Igoudala, Draymond Green and Kevon Looney...I'm not sure Green would even be a 3rd option on offense with that unit.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,011
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I'm not sure Draymond Green is a Hall of Famer. You look at the roles he plays and compare him to others. You'd get guys like Charles Oakley or Buck Williams. Maybe even a Clifford Robinson or Boris Diaw. None of those guys are in the Hall of Fame. If the line up on the court was Quinn Cook, Nick Young, Andre Igoudala, Draymond Green and Kevon Looney...I'm not sure Green would even be a 3rd option on offense with that unit.
    The hall of fame shouldn't be based on scoring. And Green is a freak in that he's significantly better at some parts of the game than the names you listed.

    That said, I'm not sold on him being in the hall of fame yet.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The hall of fame shouldn't be based on scoring. And Green is a freak in that he's significantly better at some parts of the game than the names you listed.

    That said, I'm not sold on him being in the hall of fame yet.
    I think the player that he most resembles is Boris Diaw. Remember Diaw with the Suns? He was their best defender and guarded every position. He was a terrific ball handler and IMO, was a better ball handler than Green is now. Diaw was also an underrated passer and he played the role of a point forward many times. The only edge I'd give Green is rebounding. Diaw lacked that fire that Green has as well, which does make Green more effective, but skill wise, they're not that far apart.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    53,167
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    I did address it. As I said, it is a horrible and 100% baseless argument with zero relevance.
    I was responding to a discussion about how Green would do on a lesser team (there were several exchanges over it, specifically about his assists). So zero relevance? I was on topic, you responded and talked about his defensive IQ.

    And it's not baseless, we have seen highly emotional players like him before that as long as they were on good teams and were competitive, they were engaged and fought. And when on non competitive teams, started to suck/mail it in.

    And you absolutely never addressed it, and decided to talk about something else instead, something you did the last time we discussed back and forth about Curry.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    11,256
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I think David Lee was a better player in his prime minus the 3pt shot. Did pretty much everything that Draymond does at a higher level.
    Except defend, and that is what Green is know most for. He's a DPOY after all.

    Lee was a better scorer, and I'm a big fan of Lee. He's the kidn fo guy who could have made the HOF were he to have played for NY or LAL his entire career, or if he were on a team like LBJ's Miami (in place of Bosh).

    But as it stands, his resume is a little sparse.

    I'm a fan of Lee. Love his post game, his passing, his jumper was solid whenever I watched him play. But the defense simply wasn't there.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    54,876
    He needs more longevity but he's easily a HOF when he retires.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,196
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Except defend, and that is what Green is know most for. He's a DPOY after all.

    Lee was a better scorer, and I'm a big fan of Lee. He's the kidn fo guy who could have made the HOF were he to have played for NY or LAL his entire career, or if he were on a team like LBJ's Miami (in place of Bosh).

    But as it stands, his resume is a little sparse.

    I'm a fan of Lee. Love his post game, his passing, his jumper was solid whenever I watched him play. But the defense simply wasn't there.
    No he wouldn't have. Dude couldn't stretch the floor nor defend like Bosh. How the **** you figure that? His jumper sucked bro, he just chucked

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    37
    Since he plays in the Curry system, yes; the Curry system elevates everyone because of the attention he receives so far from the basket.

    If he didn't play with Curry, no.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,863
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDudley View Post
    Since he plays in the Curry system, yes; the Curry system elevates everyone because of the attention he receives so far from the basket.

    If he didn't play with Curry, no.
    Let me guess, David Lee is better?


    Can the Mods do their job?

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17,015
    Why is this troll's username ChrisDudley? Out of all people, this is who you choose to select as your name? Man, you guys are giving him the time of his life letting him troll ya'll.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,013
    This playoffs we had a lot of great point guards and point forwards. Rondo had those monster assists games, Paul and Simmons had great passing games. James is the best at getting others open shots.

    With all that said.

    Draymond Green a C will lead everyone in assists. So we can stop comparing him to low tier players. He will also lead the most stacked team in rebounds, blocks and steals. Only top tier players can pull this off.

    Edit: I just looked at the numbers Green is #2 in assists totals behind James. He leads the playoffs in rebounds and steals totals. #2 in blocks.
    Last edited by Bostonjorge; 06-02-2018 at 07:55 PM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,196
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I think David Lee was a better player in his prime minus the 3pt shot. Did pretty much everything that Draymond does at a higher level.
    I remember you. Glad you stop bye on occassion draft class mate

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •