Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Is Draymond Green a HOF?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    12 46.15%
  • No

    14 53.85%
  • Andre Iguodala BEFORE Draymond Green

    0 0%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 95
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    26,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    Is he a Hall of Famer if he retired after this season? He probably would be but he shouldn't be. The guy hasn't been elite long enough in my book to be a Hall of Famer but considering his team success he would get in. If he keeps it up for another 4+ years he'd change my mind though.
    Too young, needs a few more years for sure.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,936
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I just feel like his stats are inflated by playing with his current cast of players. He wouldn't be getting as many assists if he wasn't passing to the greatest shooting team of all time or if people could actually get up on him. He's a guy that's not good offensively (doesn't have to be) and would be forced to do more on that end on a lesser team and that would take away from his defense. He's a really good player but I don't think he's HOF material. Would I want him on my team?? Most definitely, even if he is at the top of my "players I hate" list. I can only imagine the havoc that he and Gobert could create on the defensive end.
    If he was playing on a team that didn't move the ball so much he might get more assists when you consider that he leads the Warriors on offense and the next 6 guys on the Warriors average 22 assists per game they are all "taking" assists from Draymond.

    If you look at the Rockets, the next 6 guys after Harden average 15.4 assists per game, if we take CP3 out of that we get just 7.5 assists for the next 5 guys, and CP3 had the fewest assists per game since he was a rookie.

    More passers on a team results in the best passers getting fewer assists than they would on a more traditional team.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,676
    No.

    The return... 2018-19

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If he was playing on a team that didn't move the ball so much he might get more assists when you consider that he leads the Warriors on offense and the next 6 guys on the Warriors average 22 assists per game they are all "taking" assists from Draymond.

    If you look at the Rockets, the next 6 guys after Harden average 15.4 assists per game, if we take CP3 out of that we get just 7.5 assists for the next 5 guys, and CP3 had the fewest assists per game since he was a rookie.

    More passers on a team results in the best passers getting fewer assists than they would on a more traditional team.
    lol... his assists might be less because on another team he might not have the shooters he has on the Warriors...

    its all speculation of course but the case can be made either way...

    I come from the camp that certain numbers of his are inflated because he isn't planned for defensively like the other 3. Teams basically dare him to shoot wide open 3s... you think he would even shoot them if they were contested more?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    28,261
    He wouldn't be in if it were my call, but the bar for the basketball hall of fame is lower. I don't consider him an elite player, which is what the hall should be reserved for.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    53,064
    He is only in his 6th year in the league, right now.

    Let's talk after his next 6 years. Way too early to tell.

    Right now, I'd say no to very little chance.

    Then again, basketball hall of fame is pretty easy to get into lol

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    53,064
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    He would have a huge effect on any team defensively (on wings + bigs alike), as a leader (Draymond's a natural motivator/winner/leader), and as a forward who can push the pace and distribute. He would not ever be (or be asked to be) a teams primary scoring option. But what he does bring is invaluable, and there is no team he would not help immensely. Those who don't think he'd bring All Star level impact to any team in the NBA are simply clueless. It's a great indicator of who not to listen to in a conversation concerning any NBA related topics when they have that stance.
    What you neglect is how his personality and intensity would likely make his play suffer.

    He is motivated and driven being on a great team. He knows his role, and excels in it. I dunno that would be the case if he was on the Bulls right now. I feel like he could quickly turn toxic (ala Ron Artest)

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    26,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    What you neglect is how his personality and intensity would likely make his play suffer.

    He is motivated and driven being on a great team. He knows his role, and excels in it. I dunno that would be the case if he was on the Bulls right now. I feel like he could quickly turn toxic (ala Ron Artest)
    "Likely" make his play suffer is such a sad/baseless/ignorant statement. I think his drive and intensity would more than "likely" continue to offer him snd his teams success as it has since his days of over achieving at Michigan State.

    I know you don't understand the minutia of bball at an even moderate level (this is OK, most don't), but if you ever get to the point of understanding how to dissect film and focus on Draymond's defense, you will very quickly come to the realization that he is one of the highest BBIQ players in the game. His knowledge coupled with his leadership style (he WILL make you work and will get right in the face of a superstar if they are ****ing up) simply transforms a team on that end and sets the tone for success.

    In short, the more knowledgeable the fan, the more you will understand how dominant he is. Stats wise look no further than his RAPM/RPM each season for this dominance being reflected.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    lol... his assists might be less because on another team he might not have the shooters he has on the Warriors...

    its all speculation of course but the case can be made either way...

    I come from the camp that certain numbers of his are inflated because he isn't planned for defensively like the other 3. Teams basically dare him to shoot wide open 3s... you think he would even shoot them if they were contested more?
    Having the ball more helps more than any difference in shooting.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Having the ball more helps more than any difference in shooting.
    he wouldn't be the 4th option on other teams which means he would be defended differently lowering his opportunity for assists

    Also, you aren't factoring in the pace that GS plays at vs other teams which would reduce possessions...

    It isn't cut and dry...

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    53,064
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    "Likely" make his play suffer is such a sad/baseless/ignorant statement. I think his drive and intensity would more than "likely" continue to offer him snd his teams success as it has since his days of over achieving at Michigan State.

    I know you don't understand the minutia of bball at an even moderate level (this is OK, most don't), but if you ever get to the point of understanding how to dissect film and focus on Draymond's defense, you will very quickly come to the realization that he is one of the highest BBIQ players in the game. His knowledge coupled with his leadership style (he WILL make you work and will get right in the face of a superstar if they are ****ing up) simply transforms a team on that end and sets the tone for success.

    In short, the more knowledgeable the fan, the more you will understand how dominant he is. Stats wise look no further than his RAPM/RPM each season for this dominance being reflected.
    Thanks for completely twisting my argument into your horribly constructed strawman as you lay in useless insults.

    If you don't know what the argument is, ignore the post. If you understand the argument, then actually address it. Don't change topics just to create dismissals.

    I don't believe Green is going to be nearly as intense playing for a lotto team. That's all I said.

    You managed to take what you think I said (maybe you just didn't read) and twist it into a new topic you'd rather discuss (Green's defensive IQ).

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    lol... his assists might be less because on another team he might not have the shooters he has on the Warriors...

    its all speculation of course but the case can be made either way...

    I come from the camp that certain numbers of his are inflated because he isn't planned for defensively like the other 3. Teams basically dare him to shoot wide open 3s... you think he would even shoot them if they were contested more?
    I think he should probably nearly never shoot. His shooting has nearly nothing to do with his value.

    And yes, some numbers go up on bad teams, but not unreasonable to think that the Warriors system actually reduces his assist numbers to some extent.

    But you are totally right that it's all just speculation and meaningless.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,237
    Shoot I think David Lee was a better player in his prime minus the 3pt shot. Did pretty much everything that Draymond does at a higher level.
    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    he wouldn't be the 4th option on other teams which means he would be defended differently lowering his opportunity for assists

    Also, you aren't factoring in the pace that GS plays at vs other teams which would reduce possessions...

    It isn't cut and dry...
    I disagree, it's cut n dry. Let them defend him however they want, he's still going to play his game and if he's hogging the ball more his assists would go up, no idea about the rest of his game. You'd have to sell me on the pace factor simply because we have pace adjusted stats for this very reason.

    If steph and Kevin Durant weren't around and you gave him a single solid piece like say Harrison barnes, then I've already seen him do heavy damage and win actual playoff games much less the meaningless scrum of the regular season
    Last edited by Chronz; 05-30-2018 at 10:28 PM.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,168
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I think David Lee was a better player in his prime minus the 3pt shot. Did pretty much everything that Draymond does at a higher level.
    There's a funny story about Draymond learning from him. Shame Lee could never defend

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •