6. Magic: Marvin Bagley III (F/C)
    7. Bulls: Miles Bridges (F)
    8. Cavalaiers: Mikal Bridges (SF)
    9. Knicks: Trae Young (PG)
    10. 76ers: Wendell Carter Jr. (C)
    11. Hornets: Collin Sexton (PG)
    12. Clippers: Troy Brown Jr. (SG)
    13. Clippers: Robert Williams (F/C)
    14. Nuggets: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (G)
    15. Wizards: Kevin Knox (F)
    16. Suns: Lonnie Walker IV (SG)
    17. Bucks: Keita Bates-Diop (SF)
    18. Spurs: Zhaire Smith (SF)
    19. Hawks: Dzanan Musa (SF)
    20. Timberwolves: Jacob Evans (SF)

I think the Suns take Ayton, personally.

Jeffy, update your clubhouse please!

Bulls will draft Mikal not Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    The Ringer released its first mock draft for 2018:

1. Suns: Luka Doncic (PG)
    2. Kings: DeAndre Ayton (C)
    3. Hawks: Jarren Jackson Jr. (F/C)
    4. Grizzlies: Mohamed Bamba (C)
    5. Mavericks: Michael Porter Jr. (F)
    6. Magic: Marvin Bagley III (F/C)
    7. Bulls: Miles Bridges (F)
    8. Cavalaiers: Mikal Bridges (SF)
    9. Knicks: Trae Young (PG)
    10. 76ers: Wendell Carter Jr. (C)
    11. Hornets: Collin Sexton (PG)
    12. Clippers: Troy Brown Jr. (SG)
    13. Clippers: Robert Williams (F/C)
    14. Nuggets: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (G)
    15. Wizards: Kevin Knox (F)
    16. Suns: Lonnie Walker IV (SG)
    17. Bucks: Keita Bates-Diop (SF)
    18. Spurs: Zhaire Smith (SF)
    19. Hawks: Dzanan Musa (SF)
    20. Timberwolves: Jacob Evans (SF)
    I like that mock. I think Doncic and Ayton are the superstars, and the Suns have to be leaning Doncic with their HC hire (his old coach). You never know where teams will eventually lean, but that top 10 also seems like the right crop of players. Below that there's a lot of names that I've yet to learn their game. I don't watch a ton of college.

I'm betting Bagley goes ahead of Porter.
    I could see the Magic taking Trae Young with the sixth pick. Bagley's great, but he seems to overlap a bit with Gordon, who I think the Magic will max if they have to. They just traded away a shot-less point guard in Payton. They're starting a 30-year-old journeyman at point guard. Young lost some luster later in the season, but he could be a steal if his shot translates.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they took Bagley either. He and Gordon would be a nice, athletic front court.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I think the Suns take Ayton, personally.
    I agree. Played his college ball there which will create a real buzz in the city and that will get fans in the building.

The lost boys

i posted this in the sixers forum during our draft discussion and it works here too i guess.

1. Suns- Ayton. Has the highest ceiling in this class to me with massive Embiid like 2 way potential, just needs to show more of a motor i think but this kid showed steady progression on offense all season and fits too perfectly with that they have in Booker and Jackson.

2. Kings: Who knows what they will do but Id expect Vlade to take Donic here and play him at SF en route to ruining the kids career bcuz he will get torched on D.

3. Hawks: Porter. If not for the back injury he could be going 1 and the Hawks basically have nothing and this kid has at least all star, top scorer potential.

4. Grizz: Jaren Jackson. Fits next to Gasol and could stand to learn a lot from the Grizz traditional style of hard nosed play.

5. Mavs: Wouldnt be shocked to see Cuban going for a potential draw in Trae Young but I like Bagley here while they have Barnes and Smith on the perimeter. He can wreak havoc on the glass on both ends and be double double machine.

6. Magic: I like Sexton here too. They dont have much either and probably have a roster overhaul coming but they have a glaring hole at PG and Sexton gives them everything Payton couldnt.

7. Bulls: Bamba. They need a rim protecting big to compliment Markannen who had a very nice season, should be a really good duo to allow Bamba to focus on defense and rebounding.

8. Cavs: Trae Young. If James stays they add a shooter with serious potential who is also good at creating for others. If James leaves they have an exciting young player to be the focal point and still draw fans.

9. Knicks: Kevin Knox. Good 2 way player who can play with Porz and be a force on the perimter on the defensive end.

10. SIXERS. I think I lean toward Miles Bridges right now since he has the most all around game of the guys I like and can play the 3 and 4. Wont be mad with Wendall Carter or Mikal Bridges among a few others like Gilges-Alexander
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Kings should have the easiest decision in the draft. I'm sure there'll be speculation about trading the pick, but I'm hoping they just take whoever Phoenix doesn't take. Doncic or Ayton are good fits with us.

Luka is the most overrated player I've seen in a while. Maybe since Jimmer. Seems like every year there's a white player that get's a boost to his draft stock for playing against nothing but second or even third rate athletes.

Everyone will have you focus on the skill level of the European game and disregard the fact that just like in college football you have to subtract a step or two from every play you're watching. I've seen highlights from Luka that against an NBA starter just wouldn't have happened based on the athleticsm alone.

He shouldn't even be considered until pick 10. Sexton and Gilgeous-Alex are my steals of this draft. If Trae Young goes above either than some GM just got himself fired.

eh Jimmer was the 10th pick thats a big difference to how Donic is being talked about. But when athleticism is a concern i have a hard time buying into him as an elite prospect and i hate the 'he plays in the 2nd best league in the world' argument
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by KingstonHawke View Post
    Luka is the most overrated player I've seen in a while. Maybe since Jimmer. Seems like every year there's a white player that get's a boost to his draft stock for playing against nothing but second or even third rate athletes.

Everyone will have you focus on the skill level of the European game and disregard the fact that just like in college football you have to subtract a step or two from every play you're watching. I've seen highlights from Luka that against an NBA starter just wouldn't have happened based on the athleticsm alone.

He shouldn't even be considered until pick 10. Sexton and Gilgeous-Alex are my steals of this draft. If Trae Young goes above either than some GM just got himself fired.
    What separates Doncic is his IQ, Feel and court vision. These things are hard to teach. Jimmer, Adam Morrison types were just high level college scorers. Doncic rebounds at a high clip against grown and physically mature men. He has a stout frame so I don't think he gets bullied defensively, but I think he'll be more like Bojan on Indy on that end. His lack of footspeed and no hand check may expose him on that end. On the flip side, with no hand check and less cluttered lanes in the nba, it might help his below par explosiveness on that end. His mind and ability to read defenses and think a few steps ahead will help offset some of that.

I see where your getting at with the great white hope, there's always a over-rated white player due to pretty/efficient college stats like Hansbrough and the guys I've mentioned and more I can't say on top of my head. There's a chance he could be next in line, but I watch enough euroleague to think that his floor is a solid starter. His ceiling is probably Gordon Hayward/Rubio clone with Bojan level defense. There may be a few guys with higher ceilings, but no one with a higher floor IMO.

Thank God there's no overrated black players in every draft or else this thing would be super hard to predict.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Thank God there's no overrated black players in every draft or else this thing would be super hard to predict.
    LOL. Yeah not all athletes translate to the nba either. Sometimes craftiness and feel make up for lack of explosiveness, speed, or whatever. A guy like Manu did pretty good for being almost undrafted.

I got a feeling Phoenix goes Doncic if the Coach/GM are risking their futures. Suns GM needs to win soon before he gets canned, and the new coach probably wants to risk his future with a guy he is familiar with and can create a id and style with.

With DA's defense being undeveloped, in the nba even if you have a high scoring young big like Towns, it might not guarantee wins. Bigs (5s) make more impact on defense if your elite there like Gobert, Gasol, Noah (prime).
    I don't know if they want to wait for his defense to catch up and they are fired by then. Ayton may end up being the better player, or not, but I got a hunch they will go Doncic here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast