Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Home Teams Not Wearing White/Lighter Color Jersey's anymore?

It seems a lot in these playoffs where the home team is wearing a darker jersey now whereas in the past it used to always be the lighter color. Kinda like the NFL who uses the darker color jersey at home. Was something mentioned on this that this was going to be the new thing?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Oh, yeah. Part of the new uniform policy/Nike jersey promotion. The teams are now allowed to choose nearly whatever jersey they want, so long as it doesn’t clash with the opposing team, e.g. both can’t wear white.

A minor annoyance, along with the jerseys being far less durable and prone to ripping, but I have enjoyed the influx of cool new designs, e.g. “City”, “Signature”, and “Flex”, I believe.

The new styles and colors are cool, but when the home team wears their typical away jersey and vice versa, it’s just annoying.

you cant be seriously annoyed by a home team not wearing white lol. what does it matter?
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    you cant be seriously annoyed by a home team not wearing white lol. what does it matter?
    It's been a tradition for several years. There's just more alternate jerseys now, which is awesome. Lots of folks still aren't fond of it nor accustomed to it yet, for reasons I stated. It also doesn't make the home team stand out as much when they simply just wear the away jersey and the road team wears a white jersey or an "Association" jersey (like the Lakers wearing gold on the road). It'll take some getting used to.

Oh, and to clarify to the OP, it's been going on all season long. I'm still not used to it.

Call me old fashioned/lame, but I hate it lol.

I like traditional, timeless jersey's. They shouldn't be changed more than once a decade, in my opinion.

Teams should have jersey sets for eras, not games.

Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    It's been a tradition for several years. There's just more alternate jerseys now, which is awesome. Lots of folks still aren't fond of it nor accustomed to it yet, for reasons I stated. It also doesn't make the home team stand out as much when they simply just wear the away jersey and the road team wears a white jersey or an "Association" jersey (like the Lakers wearing gold on the road). It'll take some getting used to.
    dude, its just a jersey.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

The redskins were one of the last teams to switch to wearing the non-white jersey at home... so there was a season where it felt like they wore white all 16 games.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    The only issue I have is this. Team #1 has colors A,B,C,D,E to choose from and Team #2 has colors D,E,F,G,H and they both decide at some point to wear D and E colors together in the same game. It's so confusing when you tune in. They can easily pick colors that do not overlap on each other's logos.