Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Update: NBCUniversal to Renew WWE RAW; Smackdown Going to FOX

According to a report by The Hollywood Reporter Wednesday, NBCUniversal is looking to bring back WWE Raw at a hefty increase while declining to re-up WWE SmackDown, allowing the company to shop the Tuesday night staple around to other media outlets.

The report said that the Raw deal "is expected to close at as much as three times its current value" and would remain on USA Network. They added that Fox is a potential suitor for SmackDown, a network that had been rumored for months for Raw as well.

If accurate, this would follow the divide-and-conquer plan that UFC is currently incorporating as their deal with Fox is up this year. They recently announced 15 events are heading to new digital partner ESPN+ starting in 2019 but they have not announced a plan for a traditional broadcast/cable partner as of yet.

After a run on network TV, NBCUniversal brought SmackDown into the fold in 2010, first airing it on Syfy and moving it to USA in January 2016.
    Source: F4WOnline.com
    Last edited by Rivera; 05-21-2018 at 01:00 PM.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I wonder if fox would want smackdown mabe fs1 instead of the main fox channel

I really donít get why fox wants wwe on their main channel, especially smackdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is interesting, if the main over the air FOX channel gets SD, I wonder if they would move Roman and Ronda to SD to try to gain a new audience.
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

I think after looking at the upcoming schedule for FOX, I don't see a lot of room on the schedule for SD. Tuesdays is the best shot if the shows on the schudule does not do good. Raw on Mondays on USA doesn't work, Wed is Empire night which is a big show on FOX, they have a new deal with the NFL for Thursday Night Football so Thursday's is out. Friday is a death slot.

The more I see it, the more I see Fox Sports 1 or 2 being the spot.
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

Quote Originally Posted by Driven
    I really donít get why fox wants wwe on their main channel, especially smackdown
    They must see some value in it.

not buying the fox rumors now, i doubt fox would want SDL only wouldnt make much sense, considering they treat SDL like the B show unless if they are going to have additional wwe coverage, something like the score was doing when renee was up there a 30 min wwe show debating wwe events

if USA/NBC is renewing RAW this is the perfect opportunity for WWE to explore streaming services / channels for SDL as a test

First Sim League Title!

How awesome would it be if Fox got SDL and ran it on Monday nights. I know there is a 0% chance of that happening, but that would be awesome. Recreate the Monday night wars!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP
    How awesome would it be if Fox got SDL and ran it on Monday nights. I know there is a 0% chance of that happening, but that would be awesome. Recreate the Monday night wars!
    WWE: Civil War

damn it...more 3 hr Raws....

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is the same network that gave Skip Bayless 6 million dollars a year when ESPN is bleeding subscribers left and right. Apparently someone didn't tell Fox that 24 hour sports networks are dying.

That said, the one thing Smackdown has going for it is advertising rights. The problem is no one will advertise with you if your ratings keep depreciating.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-18-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is the same network that gave Skip Bayless 6 million dollars a year when ESPN is bleeding subscribers left and right. Apparently someone didn't tell Fox that 24 hour sports networks are dying.

That said, the one thing Smackdown has going for it is advertising rights. The problem is no one will advertise with you if your ratings keep depreciating.
    To be fair to Fox, their business plan is to overpay for talent and to reduce the production costs. And it seems to be working from the little that I've looked at. Overall, their shows are more cost effective than ESPN's even though they are paying more for talent.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Smackdownís viewership is low when compared to its own past ratings. Compared to most other shows, they are considerably higher. I think they would place top 10 in the broadcast shows like Big Bang Theory and other content.

Top 10 for the night or Top 10 overall?
    Last edited by Driven; 05-18-2018 at 03:22 PM.

I love wrestling but after I watch raw i dont feel like watching smackdown the next night... that is 5 hours of wrestling in less than 24 hours... pass. Its stupid honestly. I am not saying put it on weekends but put it on wednesday or thursday and cut raw back to 2 hours...I tune in to see the miz and aj styles on smackdown.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast